Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Martytoof posted:

This might not be a question for this thread, but what is the legality of recording customer service calls (on my end) in Ontario?

You are not allowed to without the permission of the CSR which you usually will not get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well, there goes that. Thanks anyway.

e: Although google says otherwise: "Canadian law requires that at least one party in the phone call be aware of the recording."

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 18, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Martytoof posted:

What you can do is ask them to email you a summary of the call and any/all changes they made to your account.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Martytoof posted:

This might not be a question for this thread, but what is the legality of recording customer service calls (on my end) in Ontario?

Edit: nevermind beaten hard

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

OilSlick posted:

poo poo son, Bell is now offering the $60 fab 10 plan with 6 GB instead of 1 GB. Everything else is the same, offered on any term no contract renewal required. It's offered until August 8th and not available in Manitoba or Saskatchewan because we hate you or something.

Rogers too. $60 for 200 local weekday, unlimited ev/w from 6pm, unlimited text, Canada wide my10 and 6gb data.

As far as I know it's national, and it's available on a monthly, 1, 2, or 3 year term for a limited time.

Pretty good plan, I think.

Binton
Jun 23, 2004
I am here, eating pie, with a fork.

WienerDog posted:

Rogers too. $60 for 200 local weekday, unlimited ev/w from 6pm, unlimited text, Canada wide my10 and 6gb data.

As far as I know it's national, and it's available on a monthly, 1, 2, or 3 year term for a limited time.

Pretty good plan, I think.
Doesnt include call display or voicemail though so you'll have to add about 10 bucks on it if you want those features.. I'm looking at getting that plan as well unless I decide to go with Wind instead, is data roaming with Wind an insane amount of money? I cant really find any rates on their site.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Binton posted:

Doesnt include call display or voicemail though so you'll have to add about 10 bucks on it if you want those features.. I'm looking at getting that plan as well unless I decide to go with Wind instead, is data roaming with Wind an insane amount of money? I cant really find any rates on their site.

Yea caller ID will always be extra on Rogers. They have a mini voicemail package that's less then $8 that lets you store 3 messages and includes cid.

It's not the cost of data roaming on Wind that pisses me off, it's the fact that you'll be stuck on a brain melting, slow rear end EDGE connection.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WienerDog posted:

It's not the cost of data roaming on Wind that pisses me off, it's the fact that you'll be stuck on a brain melting, slow rear end EDGE connection.

The network is quite new and limited. It ain't great and won't be great for a very long time.

You always have to keep in mind with WIND you're not dealing with a pre-built network.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Fractal Cat posted:

The deposit was incase the repair centre decided that the damage was my fault. If I wanted a loaner phone it would be $10, but I'm imaging it would just be a flip-phone of some kind so why bother with that?

That's really different compared to Koodo. At Koodo we send the phone out for repair and ask for a 150$. The deposit is for a loaner phone that we give you while your phone is out for repair. No matter what happens as long as you bring back our loaner will give you back your 150$. However, if the repair center finds that the phone was physically damaged or water damaged they will send us a repair quote, from there we call you let you know why and how much the repair is and you can either accept or reject the price. If the price is 75$, will give you back the remaining amount after taxes from your deposit (If you accepted the repair costs) if not will reject the repair and give you back the full 150$ as long as we get our phone back.

I always recommend clients to find a second hand Koodo phone as a back up. This helps to avoid the 150$ deposit for a loaner while your primary phone is gone for repair. Cause having 150$ tied up for 2 to 4 weeks sucks.

Kolta fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 19, 2012

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Lone Rogue posted:

The network is quite new and limited. It ain't great and won't be great for a very long time.

You always have to keep in mind with WIND you're not dealing with a pre-built network.

Actually I wanted to ask you about that. I've had nothing but a great experience with Wind so far, fantastic coverage and data speeds have been good. My girlfriend though is over in Stoney Creek and lives in a small area within the coverage map that seemingly gets zero bars/signal. I'm convinced there is some sort of problem because its literally just a few streets that are close to some power towers and then full bars when you get away from them. I've tried filling out the problem area form a few times over the past few months but nothing has been done. Is there any method or process we should be doing to get this resolved or looked at?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

The Gunslinger posted:

Actually I wanted to ask you about that. I've had nothing but a great experience with Wind so far, fantastic coverage and data speeds have been good. My girlfriend though is over in Stoney Creek and lives in a small area within the coverage map that seemingly gets zero bars/signal. I'm convinced there is some sort of problem because its literally just a few streets that are close to some power towers and then full bars when you get away from them. I've tried filling out the problem area form a few times over the past few months but nothing has been done. Is there any method or process we should be doing to get this resolved or looked at?

The Network Builder is actually the best way to go. WIND actually plans network upgrades based on where the heaviest requests are. So just keep requesting it. Kick a friend to do it too.

Truth is, some of the towers we've put up are weak right now. There's a thousand factors for that. Honestly the system is to put up towers in new areas and then strengthen the signals after. So Stoney Creek isn't really as big of a goal unless people in Stoney Creek complain about the network.

So yeah, this is your best friend: http://care.windmobile.ca/Support/Network/Default.aspx

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Lone Rogue posted:

The Network Builder is actually the best way to go. WIND actually plans network upgrades based on where the heaviest requests are. So just keep requesting it. Kick a friend to do it too.

Truth is, some of the towers we've put up are weak right now. There's a thousand factors for that. Honestly the system is to put up towers in new areas and then strengthen the signals after. So Stoney Creek isn't really as big of a goal unless people in Stoney Creek complain about the network.

So yeah, this is your best friend: http://care.windmobile.ca/Support/Network/Default.aspx

I tried Wind for a while but couldn't get any reception in north Oshawa near the college/university. It looks like this has been an ongoing issue that people have complained about for a while now and nothing's been done about it. I never got anywhere with their network builder. There was a fairly extensive thread about it on the Wind website but it looks like they got rid of the forums. The CSRs I dealt with at Wind were very rude and not understanding of my problem at all. I ended up putting a 7/11 Speakout SIM in my Galaxy Nexus and haven't had any signal issues since. Not being able to get a proper data plan with them kind of sucks but the unlimited browsing is fine for email, Facebook etc.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

iLikeMidgets posted:

Would be in interested in this as well but in Ontario. If you don't get a local buyer, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands

Hey iLikeMidgets... I had a few no-shows on Craigslist, and a recent vacation that put my efforts to sell this iPhone 4 on hold. I've still got it. Are you still interested by chance? If so... give me a shout at liggsie@gmail.com.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Martytoof posted:

e: Although google says otherwise: "Canadian law requires that at least one party in the phone call be aware of the recording."

Most 'big' call centers record every call just for that reason; to be able to rebut a customer who claims 'but he said I'd get this for $10' and so on. My previous job had a nasty situation that spiraled into a lawsuit over just such a thing; they started looking into recording almost immediately afterward. Sadly, the amount being dickered over was about $100 and was clearly a he said/she said situation.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm thinking about recording it less to use legally, but just to have on hand if someone says "hey you said you wanted to re-up your contract!". Maybe I'd be able to scare some CS rep into reversing whatever they did at some point if I had to.

I'm not really expecting to win any legal challenges.

Sorry for the slight derail. I guess if it comes down to it I'll go ahead and record it. Worst case scenario it looks like it won't get sued into the ground or whatever.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You might be able to request it, I found this on Howard's:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-recording-phone-calls-580956/

This seems encouraging too:
https://rogerswatch.wordpress.com/recording/

I just googled for 'request recording of customer service call rogers' since I know Rogers is infamous for this. Maybe try plugging in the company name you're interested in.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks for all the info. It's kind of annoying that I feel I need to go through all this CYA with regards to something like this, but it's nice to know I have options. I will certainly be making a voice recording and asking all CS reps for their employee number from this point on.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Old Dirty Custard posted:

I tried Wind for a while but couldn't get any reception in north Oshawa near the college/university.

Colleges are notorious for bad signal even with the other phone carriers unless they put specific emphasis on having towers around the campus so just imagine why WIND would be even weaker.

It looks like this has been an ongoing issue that people have complained about for a while now and nothing's been done about it. I never got anywhere with their network builder. There was a fairly extensive thread about it on the Wind website but it looks like they got rid of the forums.

Ah yes, you guys. I'm sorry but you guys don't seem to understand the complexity and cost of network setup. Just reading the thread there was a ton of, "WHY ARE YOU GUYS SCREWING US OVER" posts. These things take time. Network updates are decided by demand on the Network Builder but that doesn't mean there's a quota and suddenly the company allocates money to send some techs out to boost your signal. It ain't like telling Bell your Internet is not working and expecting someone to come fix it.

The CSRs I dealt with at Wind were very rude and not understanding of my problem at all.

You get 14 days and 30 minutes to test out a signal in your area and see if the phone meets your needs. If it doesn't in that time you return the phone and wash your hands. I find too many people don't get this when it comes to WIND and just assumes we must have Bell sized networks. We don't. Might not ever.

Seriously, network signal is one of the most annoying complaints we get, right up there with people complaining about the fair usage policy on data or not reading their bill properly about pro-ration charges. And I completely understand why people would be unhappy with these things but that's why we have no contracts. It's a new service. It isn't where it needs to be yet. Some people are very satisfied and others are in areas that are still being strengthened. Cell phones are actually devices not meant to work indoors but due to public demand, every company in the world is expected to have signal strength to penetrate several layers of concrete wall. Bathe in the radiation, baby.

As for fair usage data, it's a new network and we're offering more data at a cheaper price than any of the other carriers unless you're jumping on a special limited time offer and we're not trying to make extra money off of you when you go over. We simply throttle.

There's a lot that WIND should just lay out for people in layman terms and make it very clear to people but if we did we would likely turn off most potential customers. I know I sound like an rear end in a top hat about this stuff but people expect us to pay for their ignorance. When it's the Facebook Fan Day promotion I completely agree with people being pissed. When it's network issues on a network put up in 2010 and still growing or complaining that they can't use more than 5GB of data on a $40 plan my sympathy drains quickly.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
WIND Mobile: It's Good Enough, Get Over It

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Lone Rogue posted:

Colleges are notorious for bad signal even with the other phone carriers unless they put specific emphasis on having towers around the campus so just imagine why WIND would be even weaker.

Ah yes, you guys. I'm sorry but you guys don't seem to understand the complexity and cost of network setup. Just reading the thread there was a ton of, "WHY ARE YOU GUYS SCREWING US OVER" posts. These things take time.

Cell phones are actually devices not meant to work indoors but due to public demand, every company in the world is expected to have signal strength to penetrate several layers of concrete wall. Bathe in the radiation, baby.

Fair points but Wind Mobile is actively advertising the area as being a Wind Home zone when there's no signal there at all. Pretty much every other service provider gets SOME coverage in the area (like you go outside the building or whatever) but with Wind I always had to drive at least 1KM south of the college before I could make or receive any phone calls/texts. I'm sorry but in my opinion Wind is outright lying about covering an area they have 0 coverage in and that makes them lovely; especially after almost 2 years of that area being a "Wind Home" zone. Either fix the problem or mark the area as "planned expansion" until you get your poo poo together.

Lone Rogue posted:

You get 14 days and 30 minutes to test out a signal in your area and see if the phone meets your needs. If it doesn't in that time you return the phone and wash your hands.

I was pretty consistently lead to believe that the issue was known about and being worked on until it was too late for me to just quit; then I started getting these more realistic answers like yours. I'm sure it was just Wind employees trying to save face but I felt like I was lied to so I eventually I just reported them to the BBB and paid off my phone (and the folks at Wind and/or their collections agents were assholes about collecting that debt as well). Other than one girl in the retention department I got to talk to once the rest of the CSRs were assholes that barely spoke English (I heard the front line support is based out of Egypt now).

ODC fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 20, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Fair points but Wind Mobile is actively advertising the area as being a Wind Home zone when there's no signal there at all. Pretty much every other service provider gets SOME coverage in the area (like you go outside the building or whatever) but with Wind I always had to drive at least 1KM south of the college before I could make or receive any phone calls/texts. I'm sorry but in my opinion Wind is outright lying about covering an area they have 0 coverage in and that makes them lovely; especially after almost 2 years of that area being a "Wind Home" zone. Either fix the problem or mark the area as "planned expansion" until you get your poo poo together.

One of the biggest issues with how we sell cell phones and it's something I've tried to tell other people but the word doesn't really travel fast enough is that you never tell a customer you can get coverage in the WIND HOME zone. You tell them that those are the areas you can connect to the WIND network. There's a difference. I agree with people getting pissed because they were told the phone will work in this area in Ottawa but that's not the truth. The truth is, that's the area where the phone can connect to the network. If the signal strength is weak, it's weak. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I know it exists where you're saying. Had a friend in Ottawa say it worked, just terribly.

I was pretty consistently lead to believe that the issue was known about and being worked on until it was too late for me to just quit; then I started getting these more realistic answers like yours. I'm sure it was just Wind employees trying to save face but I felt like I was lied to so I eventually I just reported them to the BBB and paid off my phone (and the folks at Wind and/or their collections agents were assholes about collecting that debt as well). Other than one girl in the retention department I got to talk to once the rest of the CSRs were assholes that barely spoke English (I heard the front line support is based out of Egypt now).

I absolutely loving hate the Cairo call centre. Hate them. Half of the work in Windsor is cleaning up after their mistakes, they treat customers like poo poo and there's nothing anyone can do about it because they somehow achieve higher QA scores than us and QA scores say nothing about actual customer service. Every person I hear from says they were rude and being rude on the phone is supposed to be an immediate red card. Unless they go through agents like toilet paper it's all a scheme to me to keep the Cairo centre open due to how cheap it is and how expensive it is to drop contracts.

The Philippines have been decent enough and for the most part I think the Windsor call centre is top notch. However since they sometimes forget to give out case ID numbers or give self serve options or close every case underneath the case they just made they get scored down and told they aren't working well enough even if the call they just had cleaned up a bunch of poo poo caused by the Cairo agent.

I could keep going about those miserable fucks. They make everyone else's job harder and they pull the company down. Front line support is Cairo, Phillipines and Windsor but they continue to toss Level one agents in Retail Support (several have quit because of it. They wanted to do L1 calls and the call centre told them it was move out of the department or leave).

Oh, and half of the agents hired for the WIND stores are loving terrible as well. I don't understand how this country could have a job shortage but WIND seems to hire nothing but absolute idiots for their stores.

All in all, sorry to hear you dealt with some lies or people smudging the truth to you and I wish there was more transparency. I just also wish customers would stop acting like WIND starts up and suddenly we're supposed to be just as well equipped as Rogers and Bell but cheaper. I dealt with the same poo poo when I worked at TekSavvy.

Kolta
Apr 13, 2009

Millstone posted:

WIND Mobile: It's Good Enough, Get Over It

Love the new motto! HAH

ODC
Jul 8, 2005

Is this sexy?

Lone Rogue posted:

One of the biggest issues with how we sell cell phones and it's something I've tried to tell other people but the word doesn't really travel fast enough is that you never tell a customer you can get coverage in the WIND HOME zone. You tell them that those are the areas you can connect to the WIND network. There's a difference. I agree with people getting pissed because they were told the phone will work in this area in Ottawa but that's not the truth. The truth is, that's the area where the phone can connect to the network. If the signal strength is weak, it's weak. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And I know it exists where you're saying. Had a friend in Ottawa say it worked, just terribly.

I absolutely loving hate the Cairo call centre. Hate them. Half of the work in Windsor is cleaning up after their mistakes, they treat customers like poo poo and there's nothing anyone can do about it because they somehow achieve higher QA scores than us and QA scores say nothing about actual customer service. Every person I hear from says they were rude and being rude on the phone is supposed to be an immediate red card. Unless they go through agents like toilet paper it's all a scheme to me to keep the Cairo centre open due to how cheap it is and how expensive it is to drop contracts.

The Philippines have been decent enough and for the most part I think the Windsor call centre is top notch. However since they sometimes forget to give out case ID numbers or give self serve options or close every case underneath the case they just made they get scored down and told they aren't working well enough even if the call they just had cleaned up a bunch of poo poo caused by the Cairo agent.

I could keep going about those miserable fucks. They make everyone else's job harder and they pull the company down. Front line support is Cairo, Phillipines and Windsor but they continue to toss Level one agents in Retail Support (several have quit because of it. They wanted to do L1 calls and the call centre told them it was move out of the department or leave).

Oh, and half of the agents hired for the WIND stores are loving terrible as well. I don't understand how this country could have a job shortage but WIND seems to hire nothing but absolute idiots for their stores.

All in all, sorry to hear you dealt with some lies or people smudging the truth to you and I wish there was more transparency. I just also wish customers would stop acting like WIND starts up and suddenly we're supposed to be just as well equipped as Rogers and Bell but cheaper. I dealt with the same poo poo when I worked at TekSavvy.

I'm in Oshawa not Ottawa... The funny thing is that I went in to Wind knowing there would be some issues but I didn't expect the issues to be so bad up there. I'll admit it worked well enough when I was in a large downtown area but once I was at the college I'd either get no signal whatsoever or sometimes I'd get a totally unusable Wind Away signal. The fact that agents would talk to me like I'm a dumb rear end college student that was just upset about a weak signal inside the school was especially frustrating. I tried power cycling the phone on outside with a fully charged battery and still nothing.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
So I decided to go for Rogers' super plan promo and get my 6gb of data/200 min/free evenings and weekends/MY10 etc.

I found that Costco (well, Wireless Wave within Costco) gives you $75 of gift cards with it so you can use that to pay for the phone, I picked up the 32gb Galaxy S3 for just $169 after tax.

I also worked out this plan actually saves me $5/Mo over my old plan with Fido, for miles more stuff.

If you're hesitating, now is the time to bite folks. Remember, you're only really on the hook for the cost of your phone.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Well, my Desire decided to say gently caress you after exactly two years (to the day!) and now I need a new one. I'm on Telus and I've been eyeing the S3, but I'm wary of doing any more ROM modding - the Desire was not even wildly experimented on and it had tons of problems I didn't have the energy to suss out. Is the stock S3 fine?

edit: I've got that Telus plan that came with six gb data for free, and I can get any of the phones for 3 year price + 120 bucks, if that helps.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Touchwiz is alright, for some people anyway. If you want to have the shiniest stock version of Android then you can always get a GNexus (which is like half the price of an S3 nowadays).

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Kafka Esq. posted:

Well, my Desire decided to say gently caress you after exactly two years (to the day!) and now I need a new one. I'm on Telus and I've been eyeing the S3, but I'm wary of doing any more ROM modding - the Desire was not even wildly experimented on and it had tons of problems I didn't have the energy to suss out. Is the stock S3 fine?

edit: I've got that Telus plan that came with six gb data for free, and I can get any of the phones for 3 year price + 120 bucks, if that helps.

I'd go for the S3 as it's wildly popular, more so than the desire, if modding is something you'd want to do down the road.

I'm writing this on a stock S3 and love it. I won't be making any changes to it for a while.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I wouldn't recommend an S3 for modding because then you'll have to wait for people to port *whatever ROM* from the International S3 or one of the other US S3 variants to the AT&T variant which I think is the same thing as the one we get in Canada. That and a Nexus phone by default is a better developer device and will get all the new updates (and thus new modded ROMs) before any other.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Lone Rogue posted:

You are not allowed to without the permission of the CSR which you usually will not get.

Um, no - Ontario is a one-party consent province for phone recordings.

One of the reasons that you're told when you call a call center that your call might be recorded for "quality control/etc" is that the rep you call might forget everything is recorded (as they don't hit a "record" button and it's a pretty mind numbing job) and therefore it would be illegal to do so. Or something along those lines - it's been a while since I worked with a bunch of call center pbx guys (their job was to know and cover weird cases like that).

So Martytoof, record away to your heart's (and disk drive's) fill.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh sorry I forgot to update. I went ahead and made the call (completely recorded) and I think I got exactly what I wanted. Also of note was that my CSR was incredibly helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I got the transaction ID or whatever of the change, so hopefully I can tie everything back to this call in case something does go wrong though.

In any event, I'm still off contract as of today as far as I can tell. Crossing my fingers that this continues to be the case for a long long time ;)

For what it's worth, I've actually been really pleased with Rogers for the most part over the past three years so I'm not AGAINST signing a new contract, I'd just like to hang onto that for something like a hardware upgrade. I think the only thing that's bothered me about Rogers is that they keep sending me text spam reminding me that "loyalty has its rewards" bla bla bla upgrade your phone because you're off contract, despite me opting out of everything, AND rogers twitter telling me to go to that stupid form I posted a few pages back to unsub.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Kafka Esq. posted:

Make sure you actually try the S3 first. I have one and I love it, but it took me a while to get used to how light, thin and big it was compared to an iphone 3g. Its a monstrous difference from the Desire. Desire 107.2 x 60.6mm x 11.95mm vs S3 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm. 3cm taller, 1cm wider, 1/3rd thinner. Battery life is great too and swappable. As long as GPS is off (which by the way is fast and very accurate), you could watch 720p 10bit video for nearly 10 hours on a full charge.

The stock S3 is fine for the most part. There's some small bugs here and there, but nothing show stopping. Most of the samsung apps aren't terribly intrusive/totally optional. If/when you get one, I'd recommend bringing a jacket or something to simulate total darkness. The AMOLED screen still has the black splotches manufacturing problem. Pure black screen in total darkness, you'll see opaque black spots sometimes. It doesn't affect the colors when there is ambient light though so this is only if you like using your phone as a replacement LCD e-reader in bed.

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 22, 2012

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I jumped on the new 6GB promo plan for Bell (new job!), and fortunately I double checked the agent's work because the first one gave me the blackberry plan, which apparently would have caused me charges since I don't have a blackberry. My usage meter is still showing that I only have 1GB though. Is that something that will be updated at midnight or some such nonsense?

OilSlick
Dec 29, 2005

Population: Buscuit
It might be that your plan will not take effect until your next bill cycle date, to avoid proration.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I had them apply it immediately since my billing date is the 19th. I guess I'll call them again.

vesper
Jun 24, 2006

Ooooh, shiiiiiiny.

vesper fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 3, 2017

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

vesper posted:

I work for Rogers as a technical support supervisor. You can indeed request transcripts of any call made to us (any department, not just technical support,) as well as any notes left on your account. Every call you make has notes associated with it from the agent you were speaking to, and every call is recorded.

I tried this no less than half a dozen times to help customers out when I worked in sales, no go every time. The reps were always enormous fuckwads about it too. This is both DSG/DIG and Customer Service.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Props to Koodo for rolling out Jelly Bean in a timely fashion. It took them months to ok ICS, but I got the notification for the 4.1.1 update this afternoon.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

The Dark One posted:

Props to Koodo for rolling out Jelly Bean in a timely fashion. It took them months to ok ICS, but I got the notification for the 4.1.1 update this afternoon.

Koodo has zero control over updates.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Everything I've read has indicated that that carriers have the ability and propensity to delay updates that even hardware manufacturers have signed off on. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Martytoof posted:

Oh sorry I forgot to update. I went ahead and made the call (completely recorded) and I think I got exactly what I wanted. Also of note was that my CSR was incredibly helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I got the transaction ID or whatever of the change, so hopefully I can tie everything back to this call in case something does go wrong though.

In any event, I'm still off contract as of today as far as I can tell. Crossing my fingers that this continues to be the case for a long long time ;)

For what it's worth, I've actually been really pleased with Rogers for the most part over the past three years so I'm not AGAINST signing a new contract, I'd just like to hang onto that for something like a hardware upgrade. I think the only thing that's bothered me about Rogers is that they keep sending me text spam reminding me that "loyalty has its rewards" bla bla bla upgrade your phone because you're off contract, despite me opting out of everything, AND rogers twitter telling me to go to that stupid form I posted a few pages back to unsub.

What did you end up getting?

The Dark One posted:

What phone?