Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does it do area damage?

Can you just throw it at the ground, rather than hitting an enemy?

If the answer to both questions is yes, it can probably break walls. An easy way to tell this is: on the first floor you're probably going to find a big room with a moat screening the northeast corner and the only walkway is covered by an acid-bolt trap. The northeast room is guarded by traps and has an artifact inside.

You know the place.

Anyway, in the southwest corner, right by the door, you can tunnel up into the wall and find something inside. It's about 3-4 squares of rock.

I don't have time to test right now, but I'll roll up an archaeologist later and see if Remember Your Charlemagne will break it. I seem to remember it doing that, but that was a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Do you mean the southwest corner of the room overall, or the southwest corner of the little treasure room, and where exactly is one supposed to dig? if you find that room when you're testing Remember Your Charlemagne please post a picture

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

InediblePenguin posted:

Do you mean the southwest corner of the room overall, or the southwest corner of the little treasure room, and where exactly is one supposed to dig? if you find that room when you're testing Remember Your Charlemagne please post a picture

Went and tested it, both with Remember Your Charlemagne and other skills that have a blast radius. There are several rooms with breakable walls, not just that one. If you can get to the room with the seven prison grates and one pile of rust in a narrow hallway:

(5 is a pile of rust)

the wall between grate 1 and 2 is breakable, as is the wall between grate 7 and 8.

RYC is a single point of impact with a summoned aftereffect. The point of impact has to be a clear tile, not a wall. The aftereffect can't break walls.

I also tested this with the first-level Promethean skill, Dragon's Breath. The three-tile straight line of the initial breath did break walls. But when it stopped in the middle of a long breakable wall, the fire field aftereffect didn't break the wall.

So, no, Remember Your Charlemagne will not break walls. It will shove things around, though, so it can be useful when dealing with the occasional shovable grate and such, or knocking items off of otherwise unreachable islands.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 4, 2015

snooman
Aug 15, 2013
Thought I'd fire up this gem again and couldn't figure out how I died, until

quote:

in 1.12, if you kill a Diggle Geologist who is petrified, then stand over its body, the petrification damage will hit the player. Intended? It could be a nasty way to die.

This were running so well up to that point.

• Locked thread