Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Crossposted from the World of Tanks thread, the devs added a racing mode recently using a special vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Game Boy games are magical for that. Really poor error handling so it's just like "I have to output SOMETHING!" and throws whatever graphics it can find to display what youre looking at.

Error handling in that era wasn't so much 'really poor' so much as 'doesn't exist'. I mean sure, you could make a game with error controls, but that would take up too much of the CPU and dev time, so it generally got cut.

I remember a Pokemon blue LP that explored exactly how poorly programmed it was. 99.99% of it functioned perfectly(or at least, as-programmed). But if you knew exactly what you were doing, it showed that the game was practically held together with the coding equivalent of chewing gum, some duct tape, and distilled hope.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

The Kins posted:

Videogame cars and physics seem to not entirely be on speaking terms sometimes, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjYi0CkrlY

This is the car equivalent of getting hit so hard your socks fly off. That front bumper continuing to roll gets me every time too.