Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there any chance I could ever buy like a Nightvale window cling or bumper sticker? I'd be interested in buying something advertising the show or cheering on it's football team.

Edit: What song is used for the intro of each episode?

Double edit: gently caress Desert Bluffs.

Len fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
We are in fact planning on t-shirts. These would be print-on-demand kind of things, so I imagine that stickers, posters, or mugs would be pretty easy to do as well.

We just have to find a reliable print on demand place that does quality work. If anyone has any leads on that, please let me know.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

The Ballad of Fiedler and Mundt from the album Neukrk by Disparition (Earwicker). http://disparition.info/uncategorized/neukrk

And indeed.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Len posted:

Is there any chance I could ever buy like a Nightvale window cling or bumper sticker? I'd be interested in buying something advertising the show or cheering on it's football team.

I was thinking exactly the same thing about there needing to be shirts for the football team.

Dicere
Oct 31, 2005
Non plaudite modo pecuniam jacite.

As an ESL teacher, this is great for many reasons. First, it's not NPR or TED. Second, it's a native speaker of English speaking VERY clearly. I don't see a Creative Commons license, so I guess I should ask permission.

6 episodes in is likely a little late to ask for transcripts, but it sounded like you were reading from a script so maybe it would be less trouble than I think? I can tell you, if you're interested in the education angle, a transcript would help.

Most of my students are 19-ish and anything more subtle than Transformers 2 is more or less lost on them, but I can see this being a part of my higher level listening and speaking classes in the future.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Len posted:

I bet Telly is from Desert Bluffs. Why else would he cut Carlos's perfect, magnificent hair?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Dicere posted:

As an ESL teacher, this is great for many reasons. First, it's not NPR or TED. Second, it's a native speaker of English speaking VERY clearly. I don't see a Creative Commons license, so I guess I should ask permission.

6 episodes in is likely a little late to ask for transcripts, but it sounded like you were reading from a script so maybe it would be less trouble than I think? I can tell you, if you're interested in the education angle, a transcript would help.

Most of my students are 19-ish and anything more subtle than Transformers 2 is more or less lost on them, but I can see this being a part of my higher level listening and speaking classes in the future.

That should definitely be fine. Email me at joseph dot r dot fink at gmail.com and tell me more about what you plan to do. We have written scripts of every episode, although the occasional word might be different since we don't bother to go back and fix minor mistakes from Cecil.

Episode 7 comes out in a few days. "History Week" in which you get a few thousand years worth of Night Vale history, including a glimpse of the future of Night Vale.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Will we be hearing about the bowling alley anytime soon? I want to know how their exploration went.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Len posted:

Will we be hearing about the bowling alley anytime soon? I want to know how their exploration went.

Short answer: yes. Long answer: yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

Short answer: yes. Long answer: yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss

This is the best news. I can only imagine something horrific happened. I hope the bowling alley didn't get annexed by some subterranean conquistadors :ohdear:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want to know more about three things/people:

1) John Peters. You know, the farmer?

2) The five-headed dragon

3) The Apache tracker.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Dickeye posted:

I want to know more about three things/people:

1) John Peters. You know, the farmer?

2) The five-headed dragon

3) The Apache tracker.

1. Ep. 11

2. Ep. 12

3. Ep. 7

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

1. Ep. 11

2. Ep. 12

3. Ep. 7

The third one has me so goddamn excited.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I've just listened to ep 7. Goddamnit i love this podcast so much. Nothing at any time really leaps out at me but it's so slow and deliberate but creepy and off-kilter. I love it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I love Cecil's hatred of the Apache Tracker. He's the only one that Cecil has poo poo-talked who hasn't either A) been a voice of reason or B) cut Carlos's perfect, beautiful hair.

Can't wait two more months to get to the next one about that one guy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dickeye posted:

I love Cecil's hatred of the Apache Tracker. He's the only one that Cecil has poo poo-talked who hasn't either A) been a voice of reason or B) cut Carlos's perfect, beautiful hair.

Can't wait two more months to get to the next one about that one guy.

Steve Carlsburg is an rear end in a top hat. He can't even take care of his Corolla!

epic funhaver
Jun 8, 2011

by Debbie Metallica

Watch Out Smarmy posted:

God freaking drat. You're just furthering the stereotype of posters with negative post counts being boring trolls.

Edit. Yeah, gave that intro a second listen and it is a bit lackluster. I really like the book so I truly believe the podcasts will be better. Is there any way you can get Justin Marquis to somehow illustrate your podcast?

Yeah because expressing a dissenting opinion has to be a troll. For the record I listened to some of the first episode and it was just as painfully awful as the sample.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

My favorite moment in the series so far has to be when Cecil, just for a moment, dropped the radio voice and just started angrily talking conversationally, normally, probably because it was just completely unexpected and bizarre for someone that has never before dropped his slow, clear enunciation including while under siege from lovecraftian horrors.

I am so very excited for the upcoming episodes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Len posted:

Steve Carlsburg is an rear end in a top hat. He can't even take care of his Corolla!

No, Steve's a spoilsport, the Tracker is an rear end in a top hat. And Steve would be the "voice of reason" I mentioned. I mean he was the only one to point out how goddamn stupid a drawbridge in the middle of a desert is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dickeye posted:

No, Steve's a spoilsport, the Tracker is an rear end in a top hat. And Steve would be the "voice of reason" I mentioned. I mean he was the only one to point out how goddamn stupid a drawbridge in the middle of a desert is.

Why don't you just move to Desert Bluffs if you hate Nightvale so much? The drawbridge will be a perfect addition to town.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

So, um, this popped up in my google alerts this morning. Really not sure what to think.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WelcomeToNightVale

kashikis
Jul 28, 2008
Just listened to the pilot and I think I'll give this a chance.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

maxnmona posted:

So, um, this popped up in my google alerts this morning. Really not sure what to think.

I think that means you've made it.

Edit: I've never been on tvtropes before. Do those people have a category for everything? Jesus.

Len fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 18, 2012

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Len posted:

I think that means you've made it.

Edit: I've never been on tvtropes before. Do those people have a category for everything? Jesus.

Do yourself a favour and don't look too far into it, that place is a swirling vortex of horrible bullshit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

Now is the time to pack it in. It's all downhill from here. Just spoil waht happens to Hiram McDaniels and John Peters and be done with it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumping because new episode! Glow Cloud on the school board was easily the highlight.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks. Next episode is the first one with a guest writer, and look forward to the just written ep. 13 (Dec 15) which is a very, very different format than previous Night Vales and has some exciting big picture story stuff in it.

Also a lot of weird, silly stuff like usual.

maxnmona fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 2, 2012

Cheng Pu
Aug 12, 2005
Poe Theed
Clever Betty
I think this is my favorite episode so far. Got to hear about a lot of our favorite citizens and I just about lost it at the explanation of what the mysterious lights actually was (or totally wasn't, as the case may be).

Cheng Pu fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 5, 2012

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
You've got my entire office at work enthralled with your humorous brand of horror. To the point where I got angry at another co-worker who went ahead and listened to one of the new episodes a couple days before our Sunday group listen. Perhaps he would be more comfortable moving to Desert Bluffs to be with people of that kind.

Anything special being done for Halloween?

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
I really dig this podcast, thanks for making something fresh and creative.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks everyone! It's really, really great to hear that people are enjoying it.

As for Halloween, no there isn't anything special planned. The problem is that we write the episodes a few months beforehand, and so we kind of keep forgetting what time of year it will be when the episode comes out. We plan to get better about that.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
:siren: Episode 9 is out! :siren:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

Thanks. Next episode is the first one with a guest writer, and look forward to the just written ep. 13 (Dec 15) which is a very, very different format than previous Night Vales and has some exciting big picture story stuff in it.

Also a lot of weird, silly stuff like usual.

Ugh why is it not December yet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

This is the first Audible commercial that makes me want to actually check out the service.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Today's episode (PYRAMID) is the first to have writing from a guest contributor. The messages from the pyramid this episode were written by https://www.twitter.com/regisl. It's also an episode I'm very fond of, so I hope you enjoy.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

maxnmona posted:

Today's episode (PYRAMID) is the first to have writing from a guest contributor. The messages from the pyramid this episode were written by https://www.twitter.com/regisl. It's also an episode I'm very fond of, so I hope you enjoy.

The period in that link is making it not work FYI.

http://twitter.com/regisl

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

I now present our first piece of fan art.

http://twitpic.com/b4gty5

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

maxnmona posted:

It's weird and funny and sad, and at no point do any comedians discuss their unique takes on the comedy business and life.

This alone makes any podcast worth checking out, and so I will!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I listened to all 9 episodes at work yesterday. This podcast is seriously the best and I was sad when it was done. Please record a million more episodes, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Loved the weather in this episode, from one of my favorite musicians from where I live.