Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I've been obsessively listening to this for a few weeks now after hearing about it on io9 and I had no idea it was made by goons, let alone Maxnmona! :o

Seriously, as a guy who's been listening to podcasts for almost 10 years, this is my favorite of all time. I'm actually JEALOUS I didn't come up with this concept myself! Keep up the good work!

bengraven fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I need to stop updating this thread until I'm done with all the episodes. :(

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm still not convinced Everett (the Man in the Tan Jacket) is actually a good guy. While he may have helped save the town, maybe indirectly, he still is around and intentions are still unclear.

I think we'll find out that Emmett is doing this all for his own dirty deeds.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

J.A.B.C. posted:

And on top of that, Ernest is one of the last people to speak directly to both Pamela Winchell (Who is stepping down as mayor) and the Apache Tracker.

What was his connection? Why, before any dedicated journalist could scribe their conversation down in blood and vellum, did both suddenly become unreachable? Is there a connection?

Whatever it is, don't bog me down, son.

And does it have anything to do with the disappearance of John Peters (you know, the farmer)?

I think Ennis owes us answers if we can ever find him.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Gainesville, Florida! Let's get some people behind this - we have perfect venues we just need the cash to set them up.

I would pay great money for this to happen (within reason).

Annakie posted:

Hearing that Mark Gagliardi and Hal Lublin were there kills me, I'm even more jealous now than I was before that I live nowhere near anywhere you've done a show yet. Every reaction I've read online said that last night was fantastic no matter which show people went to.

Forgive the diversion, but Thrilling Adventure Hour is my other favorite podcast. If you guys aren't listening to it you really, really should be. TAV is a live show put on every month done in the style of old-timey radio, which has various programs which are each about 20 minutes in it. They break up each segment for the podcast.

Beyond Belief is Paget Brewster and Paul F. Tomkins as a pair of married alcoholic mediums / supernatural creature mystery solvers.

Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars is a space western set in the year 3000 on Mars starring Marc Evan Jackson as the Marshal Sparks Nevada, and Mark Gagliardi as his faithful Martian companion, Croach the Tracker. Nathan Fillion, Josh Molina and Busy Phillips are also all regulars. Sparks Nevada might actually be my favorite thing in the world right now.

Sparks and Beyond Belief are in every episode. There's about a half dozen other shows that they rotate through that show up occasionally, and a few spinoffs of Sparks Nevada.

I hope WTNV comes to Dallas soon, and bring Mark Gagliardi with you. :3:

How did I not know this existed...!?

bengraven fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 12, 2013

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I kept waiting to hear adult Cecil at the end of the tape.

But that's not Cecil's thing. That's Kevin's thing.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
The last, what, 10 episodes or more of weather have been loving phenomenal. Songs that I legitimately am going to buy on iTunes when I get some time to do so.

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Earwicker posted:

and to think we shall perform on the very same stage once farted upon by David Cross

How far you've come!

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Great episode; loved the weather - actually turned my stereo up when it came on.

Come on, though: Tamika was created to have just another cosplay/fan-art character. Admit it!

(I'm totally kidding, keep up the awesome work)

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I could see people getting too upset by it, but in fairness it was one episode and just a few sentences and as Jeffrey said, it wasn't even really supposed to be that big of a deal. And he made a radically progressive and awesome reason, that the work should go to an actor of color or a gay actor instead of another white washed role. Can't argue that!

Also, as was said by The Second Doctor up there, I don't get the tattoos and third eye thing, neither of which has a single bit of evidence in the canon presented so far, but Tumblr can be tumblr and if they enjoy it, so what. Just kind of irks me when I see it.

It feels like, until the film came out, if 90% of the fan community suddenly thought Harry Potter had a swastika on his forehead and walked with a cane ("because she never said he DIDN'T!").

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Ariong posted:

Wait, what? Harry Potter has pictures. There are pictures in the books. What?

Oh that's true.

Fine, pick any other novel series that hasn't had an adaptation. Or...poo poo...pretend it was before they had their adaptations. :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengraven
Sep 17, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm excited for this.

In the mean time it would be pretty cool to get a book of scripts from the first 50 episodes or something similar to come out in 2014.