Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I wish I hadn't been so cynical when I read "A podcast unlike any other" and ignored the thread when it first popped up. I've just listened to every episode over the course of a few days. It's amazing. I'm very much looking forward to this Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Fantastic episode(s). For all this time, I thought that Desert Bluffs was just a normal town, remarkable only for its dangerous proximity to Night Vale. And for being terrible.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Welcome to Desert Bluffs soundtrack got posted on the Night Vale Twitter and Facebook!

EDIT: Much more descriptive thread title.

Orb Crabmelt fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 8, 2014

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I generally listen to each episode in its virgin state, then edit out the weather segments so that I can listen to episodes at random at night, in my bed, when I should be sleeping instead.

OgNar posted:

Its not that we don't like the music, its that the music really doesnt have anything to do with the rest of the whole thing.
Would you take an episode of the Outer Limits or Twilight Zone and edit in a Beatles song?

maxnmona posted:

Pretty clearly I would.

I appreciate the logic of the first post, and the sentiment of the second.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

BigRed0427 posted:

Listening to the Pilot episode now. Seems cool so far. Does it have a overarching story or is it just weird happenings in a small desert town?

Nothing too grandiose, but there's call-backs and small developments, so it's worth listening to the episodes in order.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Lord Dekks posted:

Do I make myself only listen to one a day or do I blow through the rest in a week

Binge through them all. Then listen to them again, and again, and again until they are firmly etched into your subconscious mind and are all you can ever remember. we have just the thing for you and we also have its by-products

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Speaking of Cecil's performance, I have to say that his work in the new episode sent absolute chills down my spine. That falsetto voice out of nowhere was hilarious.

Great job, as usual.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Jeremy's birthday party :ohdear:

A great episode, as always. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I wonder if Alton Brown might know how to fashion a traditional soft-meats crown. Or if he knows what one is. I certainly don't.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I absolutely loved "A story about you." So melancholic and disturbing and beautiful, too. I got a little hyped up with the second-person stuff at the beginning of the latest episode because it reminded me of the first time I heard about myself on the radio.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I still have no idea what compels people to do these things. It's like the time I was at the mall and saw some kids dressed up like those Home Stuck gremlins or whatever.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Annakie posted:

Today's episode is the most terrifying episode yet.

You might want to spoiler tag some of that stuff for people who have yet to listen to the episode.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
With the new episode, I suppose that the planet of awesome size, lit by no sun, is not a phenomenon exclusive only to "A story about you." Neither are those crates in the desert we'll never hear about again. Perhaps, "you" are not special enough to warrant a broadcast solely about yourself; the fact that there was one is simply another mysterious occurrence at Night Vale Community Radio.

A fantastic, evocative episode all around. I winced at that *click* that ended the final playback.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
The episode before Halloween was fairly creepy, and Zack's episode fit the somber mood of fall. I wonder if the next episode will be about engorging yourself with bland food during family gatherings? Hmm...

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I was really just wondering in an obtuse way if any consideration is given for when an episode comes out in terms of content or tone.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I usually have an episode or two loaded up along with a playlist of quieter Disparition songs when I go to bed.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I don't really like the weather. I generally listen to every episode all the way through, then edit out the weather so that I can re-listen to episodes without that distraction. I honestly don't think I'm missing anything, but I appreciate the effort to expose people to new music.

I don't know why every single time someone mentions that they don't like it, everyone else jumps down their throats. To each their own, I guess. I don't care for it, but it's easy enough to remove. It's a good show, either way. We're all friends here, et cetera.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I always thought that it was a spooky cassette tape.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
It definitely takes place before Numbers, but it doesn't really matter in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I really hope that this

Zorak posted:

I had assumed from the end of the episode that the whole "Niece" thing was a lie and it's just Cecil funding the rebellion against Strex Corp using it as a front. Plus it could also be a ruse to get station management to buy / consume something as some sort of ruse. Thus his attacking Steve Carlsberg was incidental because gently caress that guy.

is the case instead.