Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Ooh, I'm digging the NVCR intern shirt. I think I'll have to get one.
Edit: Ordered!

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Cecil's voice is ridiculously soothing, I'll give you that.

I could quite happily listen to him reading the phonebook.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Earwicker posted:

also, all Disparition albums are a free download from now until the end of the year (though I'm pretty sure I've posted them all on SA for free at some point anyway).

Where would I be able to get Transmutations? Disparition.info?

Edit: Because Transmutations is fantastic and probably my favourite of your work.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 30, 2013

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, it was my favourite episode for some time.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Will the soundtrack from Condos ever be released? Because goddamn, that was some good work.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Leospeare posted:

A Europe tour renews my hope for an Aus/NZ tour someday.

I'd kill for an NZ show.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I would have been upset if all Ricman got was one song during the weather. I also bought a CD, got it signed, and got my picture taken with her after the show. Cause she owns. Sorry that you're lame, though.

If Night Vale ever comes down NZ way, I can only loudly hope that they bring Eliza or Jason Webley.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

My favourite weather is still "Promise to The Moon" from The Debate. Jason Webley is the best.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I got to see him live during the Librarian tour, it was absolutely awesome :cool:

He also played a really great song about giraffes.

I've seen him live a couple of times now, and he's always amazing. Last time he played us some of the voice mails he got from the Giraffe Farm owner after writing that song (https://youtu.be/G4A9lEn070Q). They were some of the most surreal things I've ever heard.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Oh man, I'd forgotten Anais Mitchell did a weather too. I like her almost as much as I like Jason Webley.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Eliza Rickman owns, and I'm hype for her eventual new album.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

"Stupid" from Company Picnic is my favorite weather of all time.

That was one of the few weathers I'd heard before it was in Night Vale. Brendan Maclean is great, and just released a new EP that is equally great.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Earwicker posted:

ty for the support guys. btw the audiobook will have a bunch of totally new disparition music not found on any album or in any wtnv episode. and there is a new album coming in the fall.

Oh, awesome. Granicha was one of my favourite albums of last year, so I'm super excited for the new one.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

I finally heard the cross over with The Thrilling Adventure Hour and...Did anyone else think it came off as a bad fan fiction piece? Sorry Fink :(

I enjoyed it, but it's not the best example of either podcast. That said, I'd pay literally dozens of dollars to hear Sadie and Cecil read things to each other.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Oh man, I can't wait for the Auckland show!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Got my tickets for the Auckland show! So hype!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

It's always nice to hear Mark Gagliardi as John Peters, you know, the farmer?

I met him a few months back after a TAH show and he signed my poster as "Mark Gagliardi, you know, the actor" after I mentioned that I was also a Night Vale fan (Hal signed it as Steve Carlsberg, too).

Edit: what I'm saying is that the TAH cast needs to show up more on Night Vale. I want to hear Cecil and Sadie read lists of things to each other.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 21, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Does anyone have a setlist of what Jason Webley has been playing on the tour? I'm always interested in how much new stuff he's performing as I live in eternal hope of a new album one day.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Oh man, that's a great bunch of songs.
I'm in New Zealand, so I don't think I'll get to see him again for a few years, but I was lucky enough to catch him when he was here earlier this year.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Steve is great. It helps that Hal Lublin is the most loveable dude on earth, too.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

Huh, went poking through Topatoco, and noticed that they've got a Night Vale Tarot deck coming soon. Looking at the full set, each one's got a ton of flavor with it. Gonna have to get me one.

poo poo that's cool. I'll have to grab one when I next have spare cash.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I caved and bought a deck. They're too beautiful not to!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Earwicker posted:

for what it's worth there is about an hour's worth of new Disparition music in the audiobook that is not (nor will ever be) on any album nor used in the actual podcast at any point.

also in addition to Cecil the audiobook also includes voice work by Dylan Marron and Retta

I'm listening to the audiobook right now, and I'm really digging the music. And everything else, but especially the music.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Earwicker posted:

So please note that the show is at Sky City - the other place got condemned and shut down or some poo poo!

Apparently it's not earthquake-proof. Remember kids, safety first!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Leospeare posted:

The Auckland show was fantastic all around, I loved every second of it. I don't know what else to say except that I'm so grateful you and the rest of the Night Vale crew were willing to sit in a plane for 15 goddamned hours each way to share it with us.

Seconding this. I had an absolute blast, and meeting everyone afterwards was fantastic. Even if I did get a bit embarrassingly enthusiastic about Earwicker's work.

Also I got my Night Vale Tarot deck signed, which is super cool.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I just wanted to take a minute to say how in love I am with last episode's weather. I'd never heard Astronautalis before, but holy gently caress, he's amazing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think we're missing the bigger picture.

That this is more or less the direct fault of Steve Carlsburg.

Steve Carlsberg is a treasure and you should not speak ill of him.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Golem II posted:

I won't even pay that for a concert. What do the night vale people think anyone will?

I mean, the fact that they pretty consistently sell out probably makes them assume.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Golem II posted:

Good concerts without entitled poo poo heads

Then what are you doing there

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Alice Isn't Dead, which is written by Joseph Fink and produced by Disparition, was really good. I enjoyed it a lot more than I'd been enjoying recent Night Vale.

Edit: Err, if you haven't listened to it already, I mean. I somehow forgot this was the Night Vale thread, so didn't think that you're probably already aware of it.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 19, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Grabbed my tickets to both New Zealand shows. Four months is plenty of time to get all caught up.

Now to obsessively check every day to see when it's announced who's doing the Weather.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Is this the best place to talk about how much I'm loving I Only Listen To The Mountain Goats? Because that's been incredibly good so far.

It's great just listening to two well spoken dudes (and their equally well spoken guests) talking about art and politics and the value of having roadies and so on. And I can't wait to buy the covers album when the season wraps up. So I guess I have nothing of substance to say other than to just kind of flail super positively, but if you aren't listening to it you should really give it a shot.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, I went out and listened to a whole bunch of Ibibio Sound Machine as soon as I was done with episode 3 - they're super good.

I'm most looking forward to Eliza Rickman's cover, whatever it ends up being, because Eliza is always great, but seriously, every one of them has been top notch so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Any other goons going to the show in Wellington tonight? I'll be at Known Goon Hangout The Malthouse if anyone wants to get a beer beforehand.

I'd say "I'm the one with a beard, wearing a blazer" but that might not narrow it down.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 30, 2018