Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
Just listened to the pilot episode. It is awesome!

I like the monotone dj. Makes me think that maybe the dj is a AI robot project or something. Cant wait for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Mental note: Do not be a intern at Night Vale radio...

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

maxnmona posted:

No, there is no specific end date in mind. We're all having a lot of fun making them, so at the moment we have no plans to stop. All three of us (2 writers, 1 voice) are often busy with many projects at once, so it's possible we might need to take breaks in the future, but I think we'd all like to keep going with it as long as it stays interesting.

Oh, speaking of other projects, I should probably mention this.

We're making a Night Vale book and we're looking for submissions

Writers: Click here.

Artists: Click here.

Cool, one question, where does one submit their stories? On that site or is there a email addy?

Or do I knock on the south most wall of my house and whisper it into the ear of the bear? :tinfoil:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Coco13 posted:

The latest episode seems to have taken a detour through the Mobius onramp near the dog park. After the traffic report, it started over.

YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE DOG PARK!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Watuhboy posted:

I'm pretty sure his name is actually John-Peters Yunothepharmer. I think it's Welsh.

And he's not even a farmer, he's a cobbler.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Kowak posted:

I'm on a road trip with my wife.and I've been listening to the show since the beginning. One of the earlier episodes starts with "rabbits aren't what they seem" or something similar. Will this be addressed? She is very concerned about what rabbit might actually be.

You could always ask the Night Vale twitter account, they cleared up the whole Wednesday being canceled thing. I was able to move on with my life now that I know hump days are back in rotation.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Crossover. I think a cooking segment with Alton would fit perfectly into Night Vale.

It would be like 4 seconds, he says wheat and boom, off the air, darted by sheriff's secret police!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

ZRM posted:

Its the Sheriff. Remember, one of the episodes describes him as being masked and in a cape.

Made me think of either:

or

(tried to find a luchador pic wearing both a suit and cape but no go!)

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

I want serials to come back. I'm honestly amazed the rights holders haven't tried to resurrect something like The Shadow in it's original radio serial format as a podcast yet, honestly.

If you like radio show kind of thing you can check out decoder ring theater. They do a super hero show set during WW2 called The Red Panda and a PI show called Black Jack Justice. They are well acted and written very well.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Slaan posted:

Uhm, without invisible food, how would they feed the workers in the invisible clock tower?

Or be able to eat that very good, very light, carrot cake from the restraunt the host went to?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Throb Robinson posted:

I hope the Apache Tracker is somehow reborn. He is my favourite.

He comes back as a middle aged black woman who speaks German.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Feriowind posted:

:haw: Well I drew this a couple days ago too, of Cecil and Kevin's meeting.

I thought of Kevin (just by voice) would wear like a sweater vest, something like Mr. Rogers.

I also imagined Cecil having glasses.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Feeble posted:

Is Cecil-with-3rd-eye canon?

No. Creators pretty much said no but fan art don't care.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

I am a little worried about how he just blew off intern Jesus's disappearance/death. I hope he's not taking those interns for granted.

Well, he was a bit distracted, I mean this weird tape was on his mind... also the guy was just an intern.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Some Fitter Happier poo poo in this episode.

Also, the idea of giving birth to a severed man's hand is horrifying to me. Regular pregnancy and birth are freaky enough, but man...that just makes my skin crawl.

I thought it just showed up, nothing about her giving birth to it, just showed up at their house and they love it all the same!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

CuddleChunks posted:

:ohdear: I've burned my library card and bunkered myself in a remote compound and I don't know if I'll ever feel safe again.

Now I just sit by the warm glow of my trusty radio, waiting for further instructions. Oh summer reading program, why did you have to go so horribly wrong?

Ariong posted:

I'm not sure what you did to deserve a library card, but burning it will not be enough.

You can't destroy your library card. Look in your wallet. You will find that you now have two library cards, one white, the other yellow.

I suggest leaving them alone, burning them gets you the red card... you don't want the red card.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

JohnnyCanuck posted:

...and neither goon was ever heard from again. They live on, though.

They live on in the Dog Park.

Amateur Sketch posted:

If you can call that living... Or even existence.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT THE DOG PARK!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

I had a thought when I was done listening to this episode. A scene where Strex Corp has some troops outside Night Vale. Tamika and her amry slowly walk towards the armored vechiles. Soon they are joined by the Night Vale Girl Scouts who went into hiding after their camping trip. The troops aim their guns about to open fire on the small group of child freedom fighters until something odd happens. Behind Tamika and her group suddenly arrives the Nationless Army that roams the Desert. Thousands of battle hardened troops vs the small squad of Strex Corp rent a cops. Tamika screams "CHARGE" and the Strex Squad is over taken.

The Battle for Night Vale begins...

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Amateur Sketch posted:

Oh man, that would be awesome. If there's one thing Cecil would hate more than a Strexcorp broadcast on his station it's STEVE CARLSBERG in his booth!

I hope the episode starts Steve says his name, then some how Cecil hacks into the broadcast, screaming NOOOOOOOOOO almost the whole episode, only stopping for the weather (the song would be something about saying no or whatever), then the last part... more NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

To be honest, I had always imagined them as three guys named Shaun, Sean, Shawn.

So like Tony! Toni! Toné! ?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

I was listening to the new episode while driving to work, and when Kevin said in that voice "He's holding a cat" and the music changed, I yelled "gently caress YEAH!" in my truck.

I have to say I never had that reaction to a podcast before!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo it's going to be a long wait until the 15th...

Now I want a video of this week's weather that's Kevin and Lauren running from the angels through the hallways of the radio station, because that's all I could picture as I listened to it.

Dark Grapefruit posted:

The image I got from the weather was all the heroes of the rebellion (Cecil, Carlos, Dana, Tamika, Josie and the angels) calmly walking down the street in slow motion, possibly wearing sunglasses.

When the weather was playing I saw a montage scene of angles just swarming around Night Vale, killing anything that was Strex, the people in the picnic being rescued by Dana and her masked army, and some angels rescuing Tamika from the camp they were placed in.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

maxnmona posted:

That account is full of half-truthes and leaves a lot of things they did out, but on the plus side they publicized private emails without asking us.

Of course it's going to be half-truthes. They are trying to be the victims here, but the more they talk about what happened the more people are seeing that they are full of poo poo, this might be more of the thing that maybe they shouldnt say anything at all.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

So will WTNV/Thrilling Adventure Hour show be release for download or is it a live thing only?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think I've discovered one of Night Vale's sister towns. (Other than Nulogorsk, or course).

Seems like a nice place to live.

I saw this from knowyourmeme.com and spent a good part of a work day looking at the posters and listening to the audio they posted. I am looking forward to the book and what ever else the Scarfolk Council produces.

Yeah they could really be Night Vale's sister city: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHBZ69AKDg

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Diet Poison posted:

I would love a "The Auction" from Beyond Belief's perspective, even if it doesn't feature Cecil's voice. Just imagine Sadie reading the listings! "Item one, an Alclad dinnerware set..." "features the first appearance of the Blob!" "Cecil Palmer..."

The whole time they think Cecil Palmer is some kind or rare wine or booze but no... they won a community radio show host.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Night Vale animated series (or live action series) should be something like the Twilight Zone. It starts with Cecil in the studio, reading what would be the plot of the show, then cut to some random person in the town having to experience what messed up poo poo is going on. At the end it cuts back to Cecil in the studio, doing his little wrap up. Then the "Good Night Nigh Vale, Good Night!"

And no, never show Cecil. You only hear his voice either though the radio or like a shadowy outline though some frosted window. like the banker on Deal or No Deal.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm really hoping at some point Cecil says flat-out that he doesn't have a third eye.

It won't matter, Tumblr had already decided and nothing anyone says will change their "head cannon"

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Crain posted:

A musical holocaust, perhaps?

Any kind of holocaust could be considered a musical. If you count the screams and crying as music. And I know the clerks at Night Owl records count it!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

MailboxFullOfBombs posted:

My book was supposed to be delivered by Wednesday (because of a credit card malfunction), but now it's Thursday, Amazon and UPS are giving two differing accounts. Amazon claims it has already been sent and should have already been delivered, the UPS tracking number says it hasn't even been shipped yet. This isn't the first time Amazon has flat out lied to me, anything I can do about this?

Go to your nearest blood stone circle, cut your hand open and make sure you rub equal amount of blood on every other stone. On the other stones cut your other hand open and draw 5 different shapes.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

rotinaj posted:

Next will be Welcome to Night Vale: The Coloring Book

It would already be colored, it is up to you to remove said colors.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Enjoyed Alice Isn't Dead. I do like how the "cb radio" cut out randomly as if maybe we are listening more to a series of found recordings than a "live" driver.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Loving "Alice isn't Dead"! Listening to it this morning on the way to work I had to say I had a bit of a freak out moment. Not because of the story but because it was either the driving sound effects you guys were useing or the music made me think there was something wrong with my truck I just got fixed. Until I paused the ipod I realized it was the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Democratic Pirate posted:

1.5 episodes in to Alice. It makes me want to take a road trip, but at the same time never leave my room again.

Just get a CB Radio and make long rambling monologues in the middle of the night. Same thing as a road trip!