Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Our cat quite enjoys Cecil's voice! She likes to snuggle as we listen. :3:

Although that episode with Koshek's "hungry" meow freaked her right out. Whatever you guys sampled is apparently horrifying to kitties-- kudos for the equal-opportunity terror funtimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Speaking as an improv/theater geek I'm really surprised that anybody who had the chance would NOT go to a Neo-Futurist show. :allears:

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Markovnikov posted:

So, if you had to introduce someone to Night Vale with just one or two out of context episodes, which ones would you choose? IE: Not just your favorites, but episodes that work well on their own and show the possibilities.

A Story About You, and Subway are what I use. I'm thinking I'll add this last episode (A Beautiful Dream) as well.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Do people in the southwest even have mowable lawns? I don't know anything about the southwest.

Sometimes-- it's really expensive to keep up, though. But this is Night Vale, so maybe it's a status symbol to have a xeriscaped lawn instead.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Knockknees posted:

I thought radio stations west of the Mississippi began with K.

Unless they're really old, that generally holds true. WKY in OKC and WEW in St. Louis are old enough to not fall under the convention.

I dig what they're doing with the tarot cards.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Awesome show in OKC! Eliza Rickman is such a treat live- I'm so glad she was the weather tonight.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Released a breathe I didn't know I'd been holding when Cecil spoke. Physical, palpable feeling of relief. Really awesome work on this episode.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo it's going to be a long wait until the 15th...

Now I want a video of this week's weather that's Kevin and Lauren running from the angels through the hallways of the radio station, because that's all I could picture as I listened to it.

And Cecil's line just before the weather, "While whatever happens next, happens," is a little chilling, what with that tone of voice.

Possibly a lot of redecorating in that video. Or maybe something more reminiscent of Scooby-Doo chasing villains.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Thank you for the new title text inspiration, Night Vale Radio twitter!

effika
Jun 19, 2005
My Kindle started telling me I had 1 minute left in the chapter/20 minutes left in the book. It stayed like that until the end, about 2hrs later. Time doesn't work in the Night Vale ebook, either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
This last Night Vale episode :ohdear:

Everything worked really well together. Just a great way to convey all the stuff happening in the background and bring it forward.