Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I just wanted to be one of the many voices that say that they love the podcast. I overheard some people at NYCC talking about it, and just today I finally caught up with listening to the archives. Now I'm scared and confused and kicking myself for not finding out about this sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I'm oddly okay with this.

On the subject of fanart, I've noticed one small detail that I like. Not also does everyone have their own mental image of the characters, but everyone draws the trophy Cecil got for Carlos different, too. :allears:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
"There better be fanart of this episode by the time I get home."

I was not disappointed.

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 2, 2013

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is there a master list somewhere of all of the weather songs, and where I can buy them?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

MikeJF posted:

Any plans to update the mug now that Night Value Community Radio has a logo? Also, if you're thinking plans for the future, I think a non-limited shirt that just has the NVCR logo on the breast would be nice to keep in store.

And on an unrelated note, I have stumbled across a model/actor who is basically an exact match of my image of Carlos: Luciano Szafir.

I've been hoping for a simplified logo shirt, too. Maybe on a grey or purple shirt. :shobon:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
To go with more merchandising requests, I would also like a logo patch to go along with the scout badges. :shobon:
/
But seriously, more purple/grey shirts. Please?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Perfect, imperfect Carlos. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
New episode tonight! :toot:

I know they're usually released around midnight, but is that EST?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

maxnmona posted:

They've actually never been released at midnight, people always just assume they are and then get mad when we release them later as we always do.

(There's no specific time, but usually around 2-5am EST).

Good to know! I guess I can actually go to bed at a reasonable time instead of staying up late!

I might still stay up

I just want to know what happened to Tamika

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I seem to be having an issue where I actually can't handle everything that just happened this episode. I am currently kicking my feet and squealing like a twelve year old girl. Please advise.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Republican Vampire posted:

So, Night Vale made the AV Club's top podcasts of 2013 list. Not especially notable in and of itself, but I think it's interesting how fan-art-y the version of Cecil they use in their header is:

Aww, he's got a little pet Glow Cloud! :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

:colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Between the not talking about what happened and the ending I am now dieing from cliffhangers. Please pray for me.

Also congrats on the book! :toot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

MikeJF posted:

Ditto, actually, now that you mention it!

With any parts about Desert Bluffs being narrated by Kevin. :allears:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I am heartbroken that I couldn't go to the live show last night. I wanted to see Carlos. :sigh:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I miss Steve Carlsberg. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I honestly don't know what's better. Mini Fig Carlos' hair or Khoshekh :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Carlos: The Science Scientist

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos! :swoon:

Also are we marking off March for special events, or just tearing it out of the calender completely? I need to know if I'm having a birthday or not this year.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Cecil has become self aware about the format of the show.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Between this and the Glow Cloud, I like to think that Cecil's mind is more or less a revolving door. Maybe as a side effect from whatever happened in cassettes?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

KingJackalope posted:

So This person is working on a WTNV-themed Tarot deck. What they have so far looks pretty drat cool.

Cecil being The Fool is pretty much the best choice. :allears:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos and a new episode? This is the best bloodstained Valentine's Day ever! :dance:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Hiram's speech about why he wants to be mayor was way more touching than it had any right to be. You have my vote, Mr. Five Headed Dragon! :patriot:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I listened to the first half of Condos while I was driving around with my seven year old niece last weekend. At first I thought she wasn't paying attention until she randomly announced that she thought Carlos looked like Bruno Mars. :allears:

She also kept talking back to Cecil during the traffic, it was adorable. "I can see the road, Cecil! Yes! I can see the lake!" :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos happened on a canceled Wednesday. :colbert:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Glow Cloud was seen waiting in line for a Condo. It's unsure if it got a Condo. Or when exactly Condos happened in the time line.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Hulu ad :stare:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I am completely torn between Yay Kevin :neckbeard: and kitty no :(

But I really hope we hear from Kevin again.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Earwicker posted:

I wasn't at the Indianapolis show but I've heard Dylan play Carlos a few times and never heard him lisp or seen him do any "limp-wristing" :confused:

No you see a gay actor played a gay character and that made it too gay.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I guess I'm a dumb tumblr fangirl, because Cecil and Carlos' relationship is one of my favorite parts of the show. It's just so adorably normal (and healthy!) :3: And a nice foil to all of the crazy poo poo going down in Night Vale.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Cecil has a sister! Cecil has a niece! STEVE CARLSBEEEEERG!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Leospeare posted:

I can't decide whether or not I like knowing that Cecil has a legitimate reason to dislike Steve Carlsberg. But that's probably because one of my all-time favorite moments is his first mention, which was the first time Cecil really dropped his "friendly radio announcer" persona to just tear into Steve for tiny, petty reasons.

I was driving a tan Corolla at the time so maybe I just sympathized with ol' Steve Carlsberg.

I thought the same thing, till I realized that I treat a certain relation that I can't stand the same way Cecil treads Steve. Right down to the nitpicking and petty grumbling. It helps that the relative I don't like is also a dead beat Dad, so there you go.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Zorak posted:

I had assumed from the end of the episode that the whole "Niece" thing was a lie and it's just Cecil funding the rebellion against Strex Corp using it as a front. Plus it could also be a ruse to get station management to buy / consume something as some sort of ruse. Thus his attacking Steve Carlsberg was incidental because gently caress that guy.

This is my theory too, though I think Janice (Janis?) is real. Cecil is always very emotional when it comes to his loved ones. The fact that he didn't sound upset at all after the weather makes me believe this was all a set up. He gets to help fund Tamika's army and maybe even lure a Strex into a trap.

On the subject of last episode spoilers, I love Steve being his brother-in-law for the same reason I love his relationship with Carlos: it's normal. In a town with five headed dragons and hooded figures I love the small touches of reality that peek through.

Also it pissed of the fangirls that think Steve is Cecil's ex, so that's good.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is...is Old Woman Josie okay? :ohdear:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

dragon_pamcake posted:

She hasn't been seen since Yellow Helicopters and hasn't been mentioned since. Either Strex took her away or killed her. I don't think Cecil knows.

Maybe she's with the angels!

...or she's with the angels. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

President Ark posted:

I noticed something.

In one of the earlier episodes, the vagrant living in a closet in the earth sciences building at Night Vale Community College (whose name escapes me) mentioned that this isn't the real world, and the real world ended about thirty years ago.

The last correspondence from Nyulgorsk, the Russian town in Deft Bowman, before it was apparently obliterated in a nuclear holocaust and trapped in time, was... in 1984.

30 years ago.

Simone Rigadeau? The one with the pet cans?

And good catch. :stare:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is there anywhere that I can buy the weather from the Debate? It's not on his bandcamp page.

Also Cecil and Carlos' back and forth was the cutest thing. :3:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

maxnmona posted:

No, like all the rest of the music he's been performing at live Night Vale shows, it is a new, unreleased song.

Curses! Hopefully it'll be released soon, it's become one of my favorites already!

His cover of These and more than these was amazing, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
After relistening to Parade.Day, I have decided that Carlos' "Stop :3:" is the cutest dang thing in the world.