Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So...this episode's weather was musical Angel fan fiction?

That's...oddly awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Did the whole "third eye wonky tattoos" thing I'm seeing on all the Cecil fanart actually come from somewhere or is it just a case of spontaneous internet consensus?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My wife has taken to using Welcome to Night Vale to get to sleep every night. Something about Cecil's voice just knocks her right out. That said, she does often get woken up by the weather, so she's not so big a fan of that.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
God, I love that this mayoral race comes down to Matilda vs. Hank Venture.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dr Pepper posted:

When one of his heads did the Monarch voice I couldn't stop laughing.

That's nothing, I think the other head (the purple one?) was Publick doing an impression of Urbaniak doing Phantom Limb.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Guys, he's just a traveling fly salesman! They're trained flies. They buzz the national anthem! They fly in delightful, intricate formations! They regard you with cold, insectile disdain as you scurry about your petty, ultimately meaningless lives!

You guys are just paranoid.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
When Cecil opened the show with "Perhaps you noticed something strange yesterday..." I thought he was going to finish with "...and perhaps...it noticed you, too."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The third episode must have taken place on a particularly wistful day, then. I still can't listen to "Bill & Annie" without getting a little misty-eyed.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Um, guys? Bad news...

Yeah, but that's not Cecil Gerschwinn Palmer.

Also, I don't know why I think Gerschwinn is spelled that way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
See, I always thought Khoshekh was a "cat*". The audio recording of him would seem to back this up.

*note: the quotation marks

EDIT: Maybe just have an amorphous balloon shape covered with fur wearing a collar and "Khoshekh" name tag.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Oct 23, 2013

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Anchors posted:

Nah, Cecil makes it pretty clear that he is, in all respects, a perfectly normal cat save the fact that it is floating.

This is Night Vale we're talking about. What we consider a "normal cat" probably bears no resemblance whatsoever to what Cecil does.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I always pictured Cecil looking kind of like Cyril Figgis from Archer. Like, just an aggressively ordinary looking fellow.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

maxnmona posted:

From now on, every time someone complains about the weather, I'm going to raise the maximum allowed song length by one second. I look forward to being able to put one of the Disintegration Loops in there soon.

It won't stop snowing. I'm tired of having to shovel my walkway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Hey, so I'm thinking about getting a dog - does anyone know if secret terriers are a good breed?

No one has ever survived to tell.