Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just picked up Annihilation finally, goddamn this is a quality rear end supplement. At first my group and I were hesitant about the game, but since we picked it up it's become one of our favorites. I just know that thanks to this book my group is gonna face down Galactus soon, and that gives me all sorts of happy nerd tingles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Druggeddwarf posted:

....herald of galactus raccoon?

I'll buy every copy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it's apples and oranges.

The comparison a friend of mine made was that DC Adventures is Saturday morning cartoons, focused on action and using as much as possible in your character and that whole deal. Marvel is more comic book like, you can do a whole session without a fight and still feel accomplished because of the mechanics around Stress and all. It's a game where if your party gets into a fight with each other, even just an argument, it can actually affect things.

Both are good games, but like JD said, very different things that depends on the group.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I'm not mad about the pulling of PDFs, but goddamn give people more than less than a week maybe.

Well, luckily I have all the books and my group loves this game, so Marvel roleplaying will never die with us :unsmith:

Really bummed no more event books though, those were really excellent products.

• Locked thread