Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
Just want to say, to both Cam and defiant industries, that this system, once you get your head around it, items like Donkey Kong. Out of curiosity, is there a printer friendly version of the casefiles somewhere on the internet, so I can print a bunch of then for people to get together and play.

Just makes it easier if I can just see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I have a physical copy of the first two books, but that's not a bad idea.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Well first up, someone made a sweet cheat sheet for the game if you want to throw that in their face. There's also a Watcher version just for you.

Explain how the die pool works for building, and say that the only thing limiting the use of their distinctions and specialties is their imagination, and how they play it out. If they can justify it in their descriptions, they can use it how they see fit.

Every time you roll an opportunity, reinforce that they can buy it with their PP and get some cool poo poo like an asset or a resource or, simply, just boost their Stunts. MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM ABOUT STUNTS in case they complain that they don't have enough PP. And if you have reached the point that they don't have enough PP, the players themselves will be looking for ways to get more. Remind them of this and they should pick up using d4 distinctions more sensibly.

A point you need to make clear is that the game doesn't use a grid, or maps. Distance isn't really an issue, but that means that there are no real boundaries on locations when you're kicking rear end. This includes being able to make up sh** about the place they're in if it will help them roll better. Fighting carnage in the kitchen? And they have an opportunity to add an asset or resource to help? They can say that there's a man size oven sitting by that people can shove carnage into. fighting in a hallway, tell them they can say that they attempt to kick a dude through 5 walls into a shower room if they want.

For the love of god and all that is holy, make sure they know they can do three different types of damage if they like! Want to try talking a bad guy down, THEY CAN DO THAT! WHILE FIGHTING! AND IT ALL WORKS TOGETHER!

I think that's all I can point out, but I have only played the game, not run it, so someone else will probably give you a hand with stuff later.

A Really EVIL trick to pull is with initiative. Pick someone to go first, then tell them that they pick the next person who can go (including you. and themselves if it's the end of the round) until everyone has gone. Make sure to casually tell them that at the end of the round it resets, and starts again with the last person in the round picking someone new. Watch them fall for this, and pick you go go last. Then, have your turn... then take another turn with an evil grin in your eye. Totally worth it.

Feel free to separate players if they have a lot of people with high dice in Team, making them have to work a little bit tougher to get what they want. It will also have your players playing lone wolves and going after objectives while some of the team keeps the bad guys busy.

Oh and as for replacing the Sentry, go for it. Why not?

Druggeddwarf fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 10, 2013

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Rocket raccoon, hell yeah!

Day one purchase right there!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

....herald of galactus raccoon?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

Thanks to this new avatar, I am tempted to have the Watcher appear in our game but in the form of a giant disembodied JJJ head.

Anyone else who GMs, I've basically been racking up Doom Dice in early fights for a big blowoff, but what are some other ways to make a villain really knock some heads around that don't revolve around giving myself tons of big dice?

(druggeddwarf don't read this)

I hate you so much right now.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I was giving Spiderman a go, but you know what, I think I will take that now.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

drat. I pre-ordered the annihilation book, but looks like they aren't releasing it that way now.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Wait. Defiance. you HAVE the PDF?

AND YOU WONT LET ME HAVE ROCKET RACOON?!?!?!?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I ordered mine from amazon. Are they going to give me a refund from there and inform me of this, or will they just quietly take my money until it's too late.

Screw you Marvel, I really wanted this book. It was my birthday present to myself.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I genuinely cannot believe they're going that far. That's crazy.

Took the bullet and got the PDF. Browsing through it right now.

Can I just say, that Thanos is RI-DIC-CU-LOUS!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

What lead time? they put the statement at the bottom of the article, and have not done a big note across their front page at it.

If it weren't for me actually seeing this here, I wouldn't have been any wiser!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

A lot of people where dying for an age of apocalypse game, and some people have even Written their own stuff to run their games in

If MWP won't do it, I say we have a fan based AoA booklet created. We've read the comics long enough. How hard can it be?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Alright guys. Some aid needed here.

In about a months time I plan to debut a one-shot game of Heroic with some buddies of mine. It may end well, it may go badly. I have another game that will probably be annihilation based in July but I'm saving that for later.

Three things:
Is there a Avengers version of Marvel heroic based on the movies that someone has made? If not, I'll just make it myself, it's probably not that hard.

Is there a list of multiple possible Iron man suits? I have this idea of having some of his suits being worn by other people.

WHY HAS NO ONE DONE A DOCTOR MCNINJA VERSION OF THIS GAME YET?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

drat you people are on fire.

Still in the process of turning characters from the movies into heroes and villians for my home made game. Times are hard for some of the villans, and I am tempted to give Ironman a simple distinction of Billionare Playboy Philantropist.

That aside, is there any power sets for using tezzeract weaponry yet? That would definately come in handy later.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Don't forget to link to the Marvel Wiki (which we really should be putting our stuff up on)

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Too.. much.. can't.. read.. them... all...

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Man.. I want to return to the world of Marvel... but I feel it's not my time just yet.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Oh hey! Me again.

Guess what I found guys!

Mass effect RPG done with Marvel heroicish style:

Well.. its more like cortex plus but look at that GETH!

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Oh BTW, does anyone know where one could find printer friendly versions of the Datafiles? Especially the ones in the first book.

I recall they released something like that but it isn't on any site that I can see.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

GimpInBlack posted:

If you got the pdfs through DriveThruRPG, the printer friendly datafiles should be in your Library. If not, and assuming it doesn't run afoul of :filez:, I can email you the printer-friendly versions of the Basic, Civil War, and 50 State Initiative datafiles. Let me know and I'll double check with Winson to make sure it's kosher.

I can't believe I missed this the first time round. Ended up making some using a template online. I own the civil war and the core book, so passing me the pdf datafiles of those should be alright.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I would suggest splitting it up to give him something like Cajun Hearthrob or something similar that has weapon d8 and all his enhanced abilities, then kinetic energy with the incredibly well named sfx.

You should also include something that he can use when he charges items that are not cards.

And yes I am in fact still here.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

I'm planning on using the hulk one for my Breakout! Villans game. Give someone the option to play as banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

Captain Hats posted:

Having slept on it, you guys are right, as goons usually are. Here's the version I wound up giving the player.

Just letting you know, this is my new Gambit. Also he is legit.

Also, I was thinking of uploading the crazy amount of Datafiles on this thread we've made to the Marvel Wiki, is that cool by everyone?

Druggeddwarf fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 16, 2014

• Locked thread