Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
perhaps after dinner i will order some more monuments and tall, phallic structures be built in my honor
Silk and Silver Cloud

Demons of all shapes and colors are everywhere, walking and flying and crawling and balancing on hundreds of pseudopods towards the Thing. From a distance they look like the lifeblood of a gigantic being, pulsing forwards towards a gigantic heart--which wasn't a terribly inaccurate way to think about them, as Malfeas' world-body creaks under their feet and claws and columns of silver light. It was strange, and a bit off-putting, but now was not the time for doubts. Besides, it was Calibration--expectations of what is possible are not so strong. Either way, when in Malfeas... He concentrates for a second, then smiles.

A menacing figure in jet-black armor zooms past the congregated demons and warlocks, circling around once before diving off his disc and ruling to a stop in one of the few free spaces left next to mostly other Green Sun Princes. His 'blade hovers for a fraction of a second, as if confused, then collapses into a small chevron and flutters down to his waiting palm. Silk and Silver Cloud gives snappy mock-salutes to the warlocks next to him, ten settles down into a not-quite formal but still distinctly military posture of attention, his eyes up at Adorjan. His silence and a slight nod are all that is needed to show his respect(and terror, but that seems quite universal).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
perhaps after dinner i will order some more monuments and tall, phallic structures be built in my honor
Silk and Silver Cloud

Normally, he would flinch from this sort of thing--though 'normal' was becoming increasingly unclear these days. But this was not the time or the place, and he was playing a role.

"Really? a devil-walrus booze butler? I thought all this was going to be the weird part." He took a swig, made much more difficult by the black helmet his armor had morphed into. "Not going to mind the result, though."

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"Well, time to get to it. I'm going to go look around for a bit, try to see more exactly where we are at."

Cloud sniffs the air for a second, trying to figure out which direction the surface is, then dashes towards the surface, keeping careful watch for any threats.

Per+Awareness 8. Probably won't come up, but Threat-Monitoring Excitement notifies me of any threats within sensory perception for 1m, reflexive.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Hearing that last, Cloud smiles and looks back for a second. "A few steps ahead of you there, chief!"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"Aaaah." It was nice to be home. Cloud lay out spread-eagled on the somewhat rocky ledge, waiting for the others. They should be able to handle whatever giant spider things are lurking around--might even be one of those weird demon-spider things. It was odd, he reflected, that giant spiders might now be more likely to be an ally than something to avoid getting eaten by. But these were odd times; and he had even odder orders.

After thirty seconds of waiting, he calls out, impatient more than worried. "Don't get eaten by giant spiders!"

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 28, 2012

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

At the sound of a loud roar from inside the cave, Cloud winces and dashes over to the Glorious Tyrant's side. "Something tells me they are going to be in there for a while. Anyways, the ship is a good start. I will do some initial scouting."

With a whoosh, Cloud takes off on his wind blade, laying flat on it and flying so close to the water that he must weave between individual waves, slowly getting closer while staying out of sight.

Perception+Awareness 8, Dexterity+Stealth 8

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Hmm, the Guild? While he had nothing personally against them, something tickled at the edges of his memory. Maybe Snow would want to do something about the ship. Without a second thought, Cloud performs a quick U-turn and zooms back to the cave, still trying not to be seen.

What are those, humans? I suppose good thing the others explored it, otherwise all of them would have probably died... "Hey hey hey, did you know that there is a ship flying a Guild flag out on the, well, ocean? Thought you would want to know! Also those people look like they are in rough shape; I am going to get them out of this cave."

With that, Cloud starts flitting back and forth with an unconscious person draped over his board on the outbound flights, getting them out of the icky part of the cave.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Cloud smiled as he dragged an unconscious man onto his hoverboard and responded cheerfully "Already on it!"

And then he saw Snow go swimming. It takes a brave man to jump into the ocean right after dosing himself with poison. Of course, he has Flotsam and Jetsam with him--worst case scenario Snow ends up getting mouth-to-mouth from a devil-walrus.

Cloud shudders and shoulders another body. A brave man.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Well, they were all in a pile now. All these unconscious, boring people. And dogs. Even less interesting. I wonder who they are? And what's in their pockets?

After some rummaging, Cloud decides that it might be better to wake them up, too. He dashes down to the ocean to grab some seawater, lightly splashing it on faces until people wake up. Or drown, but he would probably get bored before then.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

His hand deep in an unconscious man's pockets, Cloud has a minor epiphany. "Hey Tarn, can all this spider silk be used to make...balloons? If so, we should look into that. Balloons will be necessary later down the road, many many balloons."

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Cloud looks into the blank eyes of a newly-awakened mortal, absentmindedly stroking the fur of one of the dogs. Good boy. The people though, were boring. He wasn't even quite sure these broken ones could rightly be called people. Even the dogs--Good boy, yes you are--are more active, more resilient than these meatbags. He stands up from a crouch, ready to tell Chukh that they were all his, when something--his conscience? No, never!--made him pause for a second. He instead gets right in the face of a blank-faced youth and starts speaking intensely.

"You can't just stop, give up and go home. That's not how it works--not how anyone is supposed to work. Something gets you down? Pick yourself back up and keep on going. Move somewhere else, make a new life for yourself. Get that? A new life--not whatever you call sitting there and staring off into space! I know how tough it can be when life has you on the ropes, or in your case sacs. It's not who we are. No matter how dark the cave is"--he points towards the almost blinding light of the exit--"there's an entire sky out there. So get up! Look alive!"

Cloud looks intensely at the young man--not much younger than himself, honestly. His eyes do not flash with the green of cruelty, or even the white of command. Instead, they are soft, almost watery with tears. For all that he hates everything about this blank-faced youth, he can't help but feel a twinge of love.

I spose using Tragic Love Amusement on a dude and trying to convince him to snap out of it

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 8, 2012

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"Let me ask a different question: which one of those options doesn't involve murdering people in cold blood out of a vague sense of convenience?"

Cloud pulls his new friend close protectively. "Besides, I think with the Tyrant around we don't have to worry about keeping a low profile. Besides, what would we have to hide? That we saved some people from being eaten by spiders? Afraid it'll damage your credibility on the street or something?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Cloud smiles and hugs him back. "Aww, that's sweet of you. What's your name, friend?" He turns towards the others. "Thank you all. And indeed it is time, time to usher in a new age for all of us. But first, let us sit down and get to know each other." Cloud sits crosslegged on his windblade, which hovers a few inches above the cave floor. One by one he takes each cultist's hands in his own and asks them about their life stories, their hopes, dreams, talents.

I think I want these guys, assuming it would bump me from Cult 1 to 2--I dunno if you wanted us to spend XP on 'em, but if you do, I have it!

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"Thank you all, for being who you are, for being here. I believe good Tarn here will lead you to the village to stay." With that, Cloud turns away. They are so pure, so empty...truly, they are not far from enlightenment. Without another thought about them, he stands on his board and flies off, slowing down for a second to ruffle the fur of a dog as he passes before accelerating at top speed.

"Did I hear someone say 'hurry'?" he yells as he zooms past Snow, circling once and giving Snow a chance to step on before hurtling towards the village. But before he reaches a point that would be visible from below, he stows the windblade and peeks over to see what is going on.

Unsurprisingly, several people are bowing around a glowing figure. With a shrug, Cloud gets back on and flies to the Tyrant. "Looks like you've cleaned up nicely here. Anything for me to do still?"

Freedom Lets Go-ing the cultists.

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 15, 2012

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge doesn't appear to even hear the second half of the Tyrant's speech, as after the word 'mistress' he turns his windblade sharply towards the sickly man, nearly throwing Snow off in the process. "You have a mistress? Who is she? What's she like? If you were telling about her, she must not be here; why not?" Cloud finally takes a breath and looks attentively at Leif, his head resting on his palms as if ready to soak up all the wisdom the man has.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

It's always hard, times like these,not sure when something else might happen or what needs to be done next. He smiles and bows slightly to Lief. "Thank you; I'm sure we will hit it off when she arrives--"

The comment wasn't directed at him, but Cloud can't help but overhear. "Snow, you think the ship saw the Tyrant's little light show? If so, we'll have to do something with them. Best to do it anyways, come to think of it." He makes as if to zoom off, but thinks better of it and extends out an arm. "Got room for one, if there are any takers."

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"Glad to have you on!" The little board shoots off over the water towards the boat, keeping a low profile not to actually avoid notice but to simply make sure they are not shot at on the approach. The two shoot up over the side of the boat, circling to find the captain and hover in front of him, smiling broadly.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Not for the first time, Cloud was beginning to regret having taken the Tyrant with. Not that what he was doing was fundamentally wrong, though the sheer force of it and blank stares of the people post-conversion seemed to indicate otherwise, but because it was simply dull. Or rather, there was an awful lot of talking, and making pretty colors in the sky, but not a whole lot of doing much of, well, anything.

So, the Scourge circles around once and dives into the hold, curious as to what the ship is actually carrying. Sure, he could have waited a few moments and simply asked someone, but, well...

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge emerges back top-deck a few moments later, a bit of blood spattered on his windblade. "This ship is boring. Grain, coal. I killed some mice but they weren't even that sporting. I'm gonna go back and talk with some guys in the village, see if the Mistress is back yet. Feel free to make the sky glow or something if you need a ride to shore or something, I suppose.

With that, Cloud is off, skimming the waves again because it's more fun. As he gets nearer to the village, he aims towards the Cold Iron Brand people. "Hi there! I hear you fellows are up to some good work around here. Anything we can help out with?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The game was afoot! Cloud let out a huge grin and flew around everywhere, circling the entire village in a quick sweep, hanging down from his knees to look close at the ground, shooting straight up to get an eagle's eye view of the surrounding terrain, spinning around somewhat frightened villagers while asking cheerful questions about where the men could have gone(making sure not to accidentally slice the villagers open with his ride's blades), then having sudden inspirations of where they could have gone and flying a mile or two in a seemingly random direction, ever hopeful that his search is successful.

Searching montage!

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Ahh, these were people close to his heart. They really knew how to move; no dilly-dallying or discussing for hours what to do, no hesitation, just hustling off to wherever they should be next. Cloud jetted forwards to catch up, waving exaggeratedly when they notice his presence. "Hello again! Sorry I vanished before introducing myself! The name's Gert. What are all you fine folks off to do? Is there anything I can do to help?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Cloud smiles happily as he realizes he can be useful. "Sounds like a plan. Which one of you is Sammi'?" The Scourge moves over slightly to make room for the man. "Besides, it sounds like we have a lot to talk about. And don't worry about anything weighing me down--I don't let anything keep me from flying high!" He almost flips into the air to emphasize his point, but then realizes that he is trying to let someone get aboard and that sudden spirals might be somewhat disconcerting.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge pauses for a long (for him) second to think. That's...not normal. Not human. With another moment of reflection, neither am I, anymore. With a shrug and a smile, Cloud turns to Sammi as they begin to flit back towards the village. "I never expected to meet someone as fun as you around here! And clearly the stories of your merry band have been gross under-exaggerations. I am sure the real stories of what you do and even where you come from are much more interesting. Care to enlighten me?"

I like these guys! Specifically, Tragic Love Amusement-ing Sammi over there and trying to get some info out of him. Uhh, stories please? also with -4 to his DV and +1 stunt value. As a reminder I have a reflexive which negates surprise attacks, you know, if it comes up.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge grins and whirls about, trying both to show his amusement and keep the two of them from plummeting to the earth. "An excellent story! But I have one more question before we go down and see my cheery companion over there; you seem, how shall I put this, a bit on the light side for a normal mortal--not that I would judge. I just want to know what you are so I can properly introduce you!"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"I want to introduce Sammi here to you all. I don't know everything I want to know about him yet, but he tells great stories and weighs about as much as a feather and apparently isn't mortal!" He turns to Sammi. "Did you want to go get your ring now or did you want to talk with my, ah, associates here?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge's face falls as his companions hammer again and again at Sammi, accusing him and trying forcefully to wrench answers out of him. For a second he is afraid for his new friend's wellbeing; after all, the others in his not-so-merry band seem to be quite violent. If they are starting to question, they will not stop until they have gotten answers or broken him utterly.

But then...Elf. The word chills him, flashing him back to the wails of children and the smell of burning flesh. How could Sammi, the lighthearted, almost ethereal jokester, be the same as those monsters? It couldn't be true. It can't be true.

"It can't be true, Sammi! You're different from the hobgoblins; you're not about destruction and pure chaos. You're here for a reason. Tell me; tell me why you're here, why you're dressed as a Cold Iron band. You're here to help, aren't you?"

Desperate to find a reason he shouldn't be aching to slaughter his new friend, Cloud flies forwards, locking eyes with the elf while choking down tears.

Channeling Compassion, using 1st Adorjan, maxed, for Whyyyy plus 4 successes from Compassion, minus 4 to his DV, and +1 to my stunt rating; I'll take a Compassion channel back instead of the WP if I get an adjusted 2+ die

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The young Scourge pauses for a second, overwhelmed by images of flying free through the cold, bright air, free from he obligations and the seemingly psychotic companions he has been assigned to. A life of endless adventure, where every hill reveals new wonders and things to do! They might be able to even do some real good, serve as an example to the people of what they could be...

A crystal flies past his face, glinting in the pale sunlight. From the back of his brain some jumbled words filter in, and his mouth begins to open slack-jawed. His mind races with the new information, trying to piece together what he should do; Tarn seems serious enough that it might be worth it to hel--

The Tyrant's laughter booms, and bright flows of essence begin to gather. Cloud's stomach drops--he knows what comes next, and if Tarn's right...they'll never get the ring back with a blind Sammi.

Time begins to slow down, Sammi seemingly floating even more than normal, simply perched on his shoulders. The Tyrant's words come slow as molasses in the winter, and in between syllables Cloud acts.

Before a blinding flash, before anyone can even react, the two are gone, hurtling at almost ground-level through the town, dangerously tilting perpendicular to the ground to flit through open doorways and out the back in a fraction of a second. As they pass by, normally flensing winds gentle themselves and become mere fingers, gliding over every surface, rustling curtains and sliding under beds in search of a lost ring.

You want to save me? First I have to save you...

(in addition to those SICK ROLLS[for love] also using Joy in Violence Approach for 2 auto-suxes to that JB and channeling Compassion for 4 auto-suxes on the ring-searching.)

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

After a moment's thought (which seems to be happening much more often these days...) Cloud flips his windblade right side up. "Yes, let's get away from here--though we shall return, some day."

The young Scourge helps Sammi up to his ride, an unnecessary gesture that allows him to catch the elf in a tight hug. "I'm glad you're back with us...eventually we'll fix the others, but not today I think." With that, the two are off, swooping and diving in the sheer joy of flight and freedom as they head off toward the wild blue yonder.

"Have a story for me while we ride?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge smiles and ruffles Sammi's hair affectionately. "I have a few--most I can't say in mixed company. I am also Silk and Silver Cloud, Scourge of the Silent Wind, but I would love to get a few more."

---

Within a few days, Cloud seems to have gone native, with fantastically nonfunctional-looking armor in no less than half a dozen colors (he got advice on matching them properly from Sammi!) and various beads and feathers in his hair.

Getting Fond Remembrance of Adrian immediately, but having fun.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

Standing there, in Sammi and Misha's hut, is simply amazing. The surroundings are crude and fairly commonplace, but there is something about it more appealing than all the opulent palaces of Malfeas--Home. It's been a long, long time since he's felt that, not since the hobgoblins took all of that away...

NO! These two were different, not mindless killers, not haters of all shaped life. He looked up and gave a wan smile to Sammi, who was looking a bit worried. And all that falls away as Cloud concentrates on enjoying himself with his new friends.

-----

As the tricorne is placed firmly on Sammi's head (if he wasn't Fair Folk Cloud might've suggested tying it on with string), Cloud decides to make a little speech. "I have a history, you know--we all do, in the North. I remember cowering in fear as a little boy as scouts gave reports on which emeralds had been raided by hobgoblins, which friends had not survived the winter because of them. I was there when all of our worst fears were realized; I was there to hear the last screams of my family as they burned alive, defending our home from the invaders the only way they could, trying to take a few with them--"

His voice cracks, and he pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I easily could have become nothing but an instrument of vengeance, spending my life as fuel to wreak destruction on all the Fair Folk. And I almost did, but for the grace of the Killing Wind. She and I disagree on many things, but one thing I have learned from her--to not dwell on that which would destroy you, to move past anything that would warp you into something you don't want to become. Take hold of the good in life, but let that which is not slip between your fingers." He chuckles for a second. "Not quite how she would phrase it, I'm sure. But because of her, and because of your persistence and understanding even in the face of my co-workers, I can be here with you today."

The Scourge begins to pace as he continues.

"Sammi, you said that you love this land--Misha, I hope you feel the same. I know I do: even the mountains themselves fight every season to stay up against the power of ice and snow slipping into cracks. Life here is struggle, but that's what makes it so beautiful. And I don't want to take that away, but I believe that we can best preserve the soul of this land and all its peoples by doing something rather unprecedented. I believe we can work together to make something new with all the good and none of the bad."

----

A village is on the brink of starvation, oppressed by local bandits and lords alike. Its young folk escape or join the bandits instead of banding together to fight off their enemies. By now there are vanishingly few under the age of forty, and so they face an existential threat.

Enter: A masked man and jaunty, hat-wearing compatriot, flying in on what appears to be a floating disc of black metal. They stay at the head man's house for a night, graciously accepting their meager hospitality (but secretly slipping the cooking staff a large haunch of elk-meat and some rather strange but delicious grain to make sure their presence is not a burden on the town's foodstuffs) and listening to their plights. Two hours before the crack of dawn they and what appear to be a large wolf are in the grain silo, lightheartedly joking around as they corner and pounce (humans? and wolf? alike) on the mice and rats that steal from the townspeople and tie their tails together so they make a large, squeaking ball of flesh.

On to the bandit camp, where several dozen men sleep or keep watch around a lazy fire. Their sentries are alert, but unsuspecting of what comes next: a faint squeaking sound is heard from above, and suddenly THWUMP! A blaze of sparks erupts from the fire and the most awful, keening wails assault the bandits, as if a hundred tiny creatures are being burned alive. Which they are. A flaming ball, chest-high, begins to roll around desperately, clawing over sleeping bandits and setting even them on fire as Death begins to ride. Those who run immediately survive; those who try to stop the madness are suddenly found to be without heads.

On to the lord's manor house. The same two men (?) appear, walking calmly up to the house. When asked what they are doing, they respond simply that they have a proposition for the man in charge. After much posturing on both sides, it is revealed to be thus: a game of skill and chance. Three cups are overturned, one with a single coin in it. The lord, suspecting that he has already been had, reluctantly calls out that the coin is in the rightmost cup. Of course, it is not, but this merely frustrates the man. Within an hour, the strangers have won all the lands and authority the lord had possessed, though he merely splutters and orders his guards to kick them outside.

That night, a keening wail resonates through the dark manor house. A chill wind has blown out every fire, every candle. The lord's sleep is assaulted by dark dreams, and when he wakes the smiling mask-face of Death greets him, then disappears back into the shadows before he can decide whether it is real or not. A wolf howls, and the doors slam open--all the guards and servants have disappeared, unresponsive to the lord's shouts for help.

By morning he and his family are on a wagon with just their nightclothes, traveling anywhere far from here. A bag is hidden under the seat, thoughtfully packed with spare clothes for all and enough money to survive while they start their new lives.

-----

News spreads that there is a new force to be reckoned with, that the poor and downtrodden should take heart, that the rich should beware.

Ally-4 and as much Reputation/Influence/Infamy/Cult?/Spies as I can, as well as possible Enemies as you see fit.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Infernal waves goodbye to his new friends, staying still to watch them go for long instants, perhaps an entire minute. When he turns away it is not to forget them forever; it is to find himself in new and exciting ways, to have wonderful stories to tell when they meet again, off and anon--new people because of the intervening experiences, but comrades through it all. He smiles gently, then kicks up a plume of snow as he jets off to meet the others again and tell them the good news.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud
Day One

Cloud swoops in on his windblade, sans any elf friends. The fact makes him somewhat sad, but there's nothing to be done about that at the moment. He waves warmly at Snow and Tarn and Chukh and coldly at The Tyrant, and sets off to help however he can. "I hadn't thought of this before, but if you can identify a thing we could steal or destroy or alter to help this grand plan, I can definitely help out; as a side effect, Piánzi would have to take an awful lot of effort to even notice something is off."

Day One, Five minutes later

"I'm bored. Snow, Chukh, want to go hunt down a giant five-eyed monster?"

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge's eyebrow lifts. "I bet you are."

Normally a person would pause for dramatic effect, but the quarter of a second Cloud tried to wouldn't register to nearly anyone. "I suppose you probably won't find anyone to mind-rape along the way. Snow? Chukh? Ideally I'd like to leave in the next thirty seconds or so."

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge's face falls as he hears just how long it would be before they would go on the hunt. An entire week? The very idea of it makes him want to...

DofifteenjumpingjacksruninacirclepeelanappleeatittoodrawapictureofamanandhisdogonthegrounderaseitagainreciteanancientpoemputonawigflyinaloopdeloopaskTarntomakehimsomething--

Whoops. Noone could understand that last one, could they? Anyways, after that last burst of activity, he was feeling better for a bit at least. So at normal speed, he walks up to Tarn and asks very politely, "Tarn? I find myself using my staff more to help the needy in the villages, but I am finding it just isn't cutting it." He looks at the half-cracked crude staff he had found lying in a ditch a few weeks back. "I know you are good at making things...could you perhaps spare some time to make me another one? Either way, I'll see you in a week!"

And with that, he is off again, twirling through the air like a bird. Maybe there was someone to help over the next hill!

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

When he comes back, the Scourge eyes the staff appreciatively--until he gets the chance to heft it. "Uh, a bit heavier than I'm used to, isn't it?" Ah well, lugging around a large wolf might actually make me strong enough to use this without killing myself.

Str-2, I suppose.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

"...Cool, I didn't know you could make a cloud people could sit around in! Does it require, you know..." He nods over at the bound figure, dashing over to him. "Hello! Do you do commissions? Cuz I would like maybe a thousand of these sometime, or one really big one..." He smiles as he is met with only renewed thrashing, and waves his hand in a friendly dismissing gesture at Brass. "Oh, I'm sure she's just wanting to use your pretty cloud. Do you need to be in it to power it or something? Because if not we could maybe arrange something..." He looks back at Brass, bright-eyed with possibilities.
--------
Soon enough, he flies over the Iron Soldiers and swoops down to have a little chat. "Hi! I think it's time to deal with these pesky things--don't you? I and my men are more than willing to take the brunt of any assault, especially if you have any plans that needed a bit more muscle." He flashes them a quick smile. "I've been working out."

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge of the crying river, as Hakond so excellently named him, smiles softly and pauses from flitting about, standing tall on his windblade just a few inches off the ground. His voice is gentle, but carries to every ear in the camp. "Tell me, have you not heard of how we fought Orek Grimjaw? How his three wolfhounds kept all at bay--until we drew them this way and that, and there again, until their leashes were braided together so tight they strangled themselves? Or how do you think the people of Aursholme managed to fight off three times their number of bandits? That was no skill of arms on my part, else the bandits would merely return next year when I am not nearby; no, we counseled and conferred and so there were caltrops along the path, and wolves baited with fresh elk on the path, and three hidden pits." Cloud chuckles darkly. "They say the Wyldhound was among them, but who can say? Perhaps some simply do not want to dwell on what carnage the beasts of the field and forest can wreak. Or what about the dockworker revolt at the ice piers of Lewin? I only slew five of those slavedrivers personally."

Cloud pulls in, dropping his voice to a (still quite audible) whisper. "Then there is my past life; I have been a leader of men, a leader into battle. I cannot say when or where, for now is not the time, but I can say that I have led mine to fight against beastmen in the air, against the swift ice weasels, against the clamoring hordes of the hobgoblins..." His voice cracks slightly, and he spins around on his Windblade, gaining speed and altitude until he is high above them. "But that is not now! Today, there are Maws to slay!"

Givin' that pep-talk, trying to get the people to want to help us take it down...together :3

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 23, 2013

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

After a few seconds pause, Cloud continues. "But I don't expect you to just take my word for it--I propose a demonstration: If a few of your men would meet us in the lower glade at midday two days from now, I believe they will find it worth their while."

------- One Day Later -------

Cloud, after having spent several hours talking with the Iron Soldiers, decides it's time to keep moving. Shortly afterwards, he sees Tarn again, slaving away at some crafting project or other. "I know you're all busy and all, but I was thinking--it might be good to have some sort of grenades, especially if we are planning clever traps and so forth."

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 1, 2013

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

A somewhat uncomfortable Cloud turns distraught as he sees the nail come out of Tarn's leg, and he begins to whir about, grabbing medical supplies from a dozen places and beginning to dress the wound and then realizing that he is pretty bad at it and neatly stacking the bandages and soforth on a nearby table and saying something quite incomprehensible and...

Repeating himself, at a more reasonable rate. "I don't want you to hurt yourself trying to help me...just...don't worry about it. I'll be fine without them, I suppose." He turns away and sighs, 'slowly' walking away, scuffing his shoes on the hard-packed earth floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
Silk and Silver Cloud

The Scourge, distracted from his moping, rushes up to the Tyrant and looks at him quizzically (and from several angles): "Do you think I would really throw grenades right next to you? I meant to use them while I was being chased by the thing. Silly."

• Locked thread