Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

Hey seriously not to poo poo post because these recipes are great and look good but is this "black folks imitation" a hilarious GWS inside joke or what? Its kind of not cool tbh. But again, good thread besides that :)

No, this thread just sucks and you're a racist shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Thread redeemed.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Chickencheesemug is the only thing that is stopping this thread from being a complete failure.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Jazzahn posted:

Happy Hat, in all seriousness I understand that my skills as a cook are amateur at best. To be honest this started out as a silly joke that we had on mumble and I decided it would make a silly thread. I didn't realize GWS was so uptight about bro jokes and low brow humor (Though I do think a good deal of the poo poo was funny, and I know other people enjoyed it as well) AS WELL AS people who are just learning to cook.

In my defense I was really hoping people would move away from JUST sandwiches, which is why I did the Paneer and Chicken Tikka Masala (from scratch).

To sum up, stop being so drat elitist about food and use creativity to come up with chickencheese that ISN'T just a normal sandwich. Also, lighten the gently caress up.

I like your posts/chknchzs but I think that people are mostly annoyed that lots of the posts with boringish sandwiches are basically proto-GWS, where people made stuff like this:

The Breakfast Log
The Hot Dog Rollup, Outdone?
The hot dog rollup isn't that filling
Hot Dog Roll-Up: The Post-Apocalyptic BBQ Breakfast Edition

An awesome chicken melt sandwich is great, but like the slow-cooker salsa chicken stuff, lots of posts in this thread are just encouraging people to make foods that, while they might be good, aren't really noteworthy and just kind of barf ingredients onto the bread enthusiastically.

Doh004: I would like to call out your lovely posting and garbageposts and challenge you to a cooking contest.

Name the terms and I will gently caress your poo poo up, loser suffers whatever consequences Happy Hat decides are reasonable.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

Well that is apparently a hot dog and an egg roll. Would you look at that.

What did these guys do? Someone mentioned emeraldcity earlier in the thread.

EmeraldCity did this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3493011&highlight=

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Uh my dessert for the challenge appears to be a chickencheese.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

And here is me: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515276&pagenumber=2#post409494968

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Nasgate posted:

So I have a chicken in the fridge and this thread reminded me that I should do something with it. I'm thinking chicken fingers covered in cheese curds with drizzled gravy, and then maybe some shredded chicken on top for dinner Tuesday.

Like a chickencheese version of poutine :getin:

Though I apologize in advance that they will be cell phone pictures.

Get a couple more carcasses and a pound or two of chicken feet, as well as roughly 5 pounds of chicken skin.

Finely chop and render the chicken skin.

Remove the meat from your chicken and braise it until it is pullable. Pull it much more finely than you would for pulled chicken, more like you would for rillettes.

Make very gelatinous chicken stock. Reduce to the point where it sets like hard jello.

Mix in your pulled chicken, pour into a cookie sheet, and allow to set. The texture should be about the same as that of head cheese (good head cheese, not that cubes-in-jello stuff at the grocery store deli). Chill in the fridge until well set.

Slice into fry-shapes. Batter the fries with chicken skin and panko. Deep fry.

Top with squeaky cheese curds and maybe a port demiglace.

Get up to go to sleep after two or three bites.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Doh004 posted:

Now you're in the spirit! :D

Effort Chickencheeses or Bust :colbert:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

The journey begins.

ONWARD TO GLORY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwyW9ngLNg

(I'm saying I'll have to make a hobbit inspired chickencheese one of these days)

I don't think they have chickens in The Shire, maybe you'd have better luck with a coneycheese? They start with the same letter, which is close enough.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

If I make chickencheese with chicken feet should I declaw them first?

No, you need something to pick your teeth with after.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Enelrahc posted:

Am I doing this right?

That is a handsome chickencheese.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Saint Darwin posted:

No, that's kittencheese.

Pedants ITT

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Miss Indy posted:

We need a corgicheese up in this thread! I'd do it, but there is no way that cheese is ever getting that close to one of my corgis without the corgi eating that cheese.

Just feed one of the corgies four pounds of feta, some olives and some spinach, and miss, you've got yourself a pre-rolled corgicheese roulade.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Saint Darwin posted:

That's how you make a diarrhea rocket
I mean, I'll admit it's a time-sensitive operation.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Jazzahn posted:

Ya'll I just want to re-emphasize that chickencheese is not necessarily a sandwich. All you need is chicken and cheese. Let your imaginations be your guide!

Sorry Jazzahn, this isn't in your hands anymore. Sometimes you just have to let your little goslings grow up and fly away.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You sanctimonious pricks won't even recognize the genius of Guy Fieri, the Herve This of our time. He put Flavortown on the map.

Isn't Herve This the Herve This of our time?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

pointsofdata posted:

Someone should run a cook your pet themed NICSA for PI. The GWS rabbit thread person could judge it or something.

It's legal to buy cat and dog meat in my province.

BRB I have to go get... something.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Saint Darwin posted:

I don't see why you'd eat a cat when you can eat a much cheaper, bigger, stupider rabbit.

Spite?

Hmm I could make a horsecheese I guess. What about a reindeercheese?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

mediaphage posted:

Make a fresh reindeer cheese to go with it! Reindeer milk has like 600% the fat content of cow milk, so it'd be pretty awesomely rich.

I dunno if I have time to milk the reindeer and then butcher and dry age the meat before tonight.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Noooo this is meatship all over again.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Pope Mobile posted:

Guys I am going on a flight Sunday and want to make a 'to go chickencheese'. Is this a good idea? Can chickencheese be had at room temp?

Do you have any MREs from which you can steal the heaters?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Doh004 posted:

If you have the blue, you might as well go with a buffalobluechickencheese.

I'd do this and go with a vinegar-heavy franks+butter sauce instead of sriracha if I was using blue cheese.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

I spent the afternoon collecting top quality ingredients, the evening cooking and eating it, and now a night of intense diarrhea because above all else I'm still lactose intolerant.

Voted 5, will do again.

Alright check this out.

Get these things:

Olive Oil
Guanciale, Pancetta or Bacon
A shitload of whole black peppercorn in a grinder
Some eggs
A teeney shallot
A clove or two of garlic
Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Maybe a bit of white wine if you want it
Chickenstuff
A Bread

Sear off your chicken on relatively high heat to brown it without slicing it first. If you got skin-on chicken, which you should, then sear it skin-side down first to crisp the poo poo out of it, then let it finish in your pan. Once it's getting close to done, take it out of the pan and let it rest on a plate.

Cook off your porkmeat. When mostly done, add a bit of olive oil into the same pan, then add in your diced shallot and garlic. If you're using wine, put a sploosh in now. Slice your rested chicken (you need to rest it or it'll leak meatjuice everywhere and then suck). Add chicken to pan. Stir, take off heat.

Toast bread, if you want.

Crack egg(s) into a bowl, whisk. Stir in a shitload of cheese and pepper. Add to chicken/pork/otherstuff and stir/toss in the pan. If it's not salty enough from the pork, add a bit more salt. Put on toasty bread.

Congrats! You now have a lactose free or very close to lactose free chickencarbonaracheese that took you 10 minutes to make.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

toby posted:

Eggcheese is pushing it. That's kind of the conceptual outer edge of chickencheese territory. Like a three-wheeled, soft-body, solar powered concept car that won't ever see production.

Is chickencheese dessert ok? :ohdear:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

I'm kind of tempted to write up a sous-vide thread for YLLS now.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

spankmeister posted:

What's a macro?

Lots of people want to hit a specific macronutrient (carb:fat:protein) ratio based on exactly what they're trying to do.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Someone make this please:

quote:

Chicken Cheese Castle
1994 Cookoff Winner

10 White Castle cheeseburgers
2 cups chopped chicken breast, previously cooked
1 (10-oz.) can cream of celery soup
2 cups sour cream
1 (4 1/2-oz.) jar Green Giant® mushrooms
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 (2.8-oz.) can Durkee® French fried onions
1 1/2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups colby cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sliced black olives
2 cups linguine, cooked and drained
10 strips bacon
1 stick butter
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 (8 1/2-oz.) puff pastry
Shortening (to grease baking dish)
1 tbsp. Paprika

Remove burgers and pickles from buns. Place buns in oven at 200° until dry, then crush. Meanwhile, chop the burgers and pickles and combine with the chicken, celery soup, sour cream, mushrooms, garlic and linguine. Prepare puff pastry according to directions and place in a greased 11 × 17-inch baking dish. Prebake pastry at 350° for 15 minutes or until pastry starts to puff up. Prick with fork to deflate. Pour above ingredients into baking dish and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp, drain and crumble. Mix bacon, butter, cheese, onions, olives and bun crumbs. When the top of the ingredients in the baking dish are starting to become slightly firm, remove from the oven and spread the bacon mixture on top and return to the oven for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with eggs, parsley and paprika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

You need to adjust the salt on it and also so sear it so that you brown the meat. Get skin-on too, you can sear the skin so that it turns out all crispy and awesome.