Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Doh004 posted:

Troll trying to take this thread down.

:frogout: narc.

There is no 'down' from here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Doh004 posted:

Aren't fake arguments are the point of internet forums?

You would know about things being a complete failure in GWS, wouldn't you? :colbert:

*edit* drat, beaten. I should refresh pages.
I really like Ricola, and know him for quality posting. I am sorry that you're disagreeing with that assessment. However I may habour a certain bias.

Could you please explain how it is that the salsa chicken of sandwiches is quality posting - is it the cameraderie around calling each other 'bro'? Is it the usage of inner city written slang? What specifically is it?

I am sorry, but this thread filled with "baby's first attempt at making a meal unsupervised by mommy" is baffling to me, it is good fun - I understand that, but it is only half a step up from meat ship, and the lingo around it is taking it back down.

I started out by seriously thinking that there were racial prejudice exhibited in the thread, specifically because of the usage of the slang while producing something so elementary and backwards that it was a poorly hidden pun on the perceived inaptitude of a different segment in the population than the middle class boys I suspect you to be..

To my relief it turned out to just be idiotic.

Please continue.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Mindphlux has been banned enough for the rest of us

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

I kinda wanna, but the last 3 years has showed US Post to be as adequate at delivering parcels as the French at acknowledging the superiority of the American quisine..

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Yeah I agree!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Enough with the thread derailing. Make chicken cheeses instead!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Errant Gin Monks posted:

When Bart did Whirled Peas it pasically cemented the GWS "regulars" core into harcore haters.
I don't hate anybody...

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Shine posted:

Between our jarred garlic and skinless chicken breasts, I'm pretty sure we lost all credibility with GWS years ago. Maybe ladyweapon will come redeem us this evening.
Two (honestly) well meant recommendations... (Flavor wise).

I understand that chicken is a big thing for YLLS, but it is one of the more flavorless meats - consider going low and slow on young hens breasts instead. (Low and slow to get the breasts more chewable (what the gently caress is the term I'm looking for here?) yet still moist - puddling them at 72 for 1 1/2 hours, finishing on a pan at extreme heat or with blowtorch will really do something for them.

Also - consider doing garlic confit rather than pre processed stuff in little jars. You can live of that poo poo!

Edit: my English is broken again, gently caress! Having the eloquence of a pony boy after gag-night at the club! Sorry!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Scientastic posted:

I think that might be the best thing I've contributed to GWS.
Next thanksgiving you will be angerfucking with the best of them!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Shine posted:

Dunno how GWS feels about steak on stainless steel but I love pan sauce :allears:.

Stainless is fine - don't use teflon though - Baby Jesus will cry carcinogenic tears of sadness if you do!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Shine posted:

If any GWS folks would like to start a crossover thread about spiffing up our cherished chicken breasts and other "swolefood" staples, go for it.

We're discussing how to go about doing that - we would like to help, but at the same time the YLLS way of thinking is as alien to us as personal hygiene to that one 300 pound female construction worker with a mustache that you just happen to stand next to on the metro on your way home from work - every single loving day...

As we gather it - there's importance in not only getting the right amount of caloric intake, but also the ease of adjustment need pushes you in directions where your base materials consists more or less of purely one nutrient group.

This - to us - is actually quite a challenge, because that leaves us with basically the pure process to improve flavor, and if you have a demand for an easily done process (due to the amount of meals that you eat) combined with a bit of convenience (loving laziness in the kitchen - because swinging that sturdy cast in the volcanic fires of iceland iron-man-pan is just too much), it becomes even more interesting to try...

Let us think about it a bit!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Doh004 posted:

I don't get what they're saying :saddowns:
Which was my sentiment for first few pages of this thread....

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

J. Alfred Prufrock posted:

You could just cut up your veggies before the raw meat.
I know that I personally am loving paranoid about earth living bacteria, like c.botulinum, and hence about cross contamination.

I won't create drama about it though, but I think that method is not really enough to keep proper hygiene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Vegetable Melange posted:

I, on the other hand, am scared shitless about space-borne pathogens, and would roleplay the poo poo out of decontamination for just about any system you want to run (except GURPS, gently caress GURPS).
I should have said soil.. Should I have said soil? gently caress!