Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

There is far to much hate going on in here. This is the thread for brotherly chickencheese LOVE. not hate.

What's this? leftovers? Why yes, you too can become chickencheese!

We've got chicken, cheese, hummus, and bbq sauce.

Chickencheese ASSEMBLE!

Chickencheese 2 ways!

Hummus chickencheese pita

BBQ Chickenchese pita

Chicken+cheese brings us together in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

That mug chicken was done without the proper love, it was made from and for, the darkside.

The remnants of what wanted to be oozing cheese, instead have bubbled and blackened with rage at their fate.

Together the rest of the ingredients heaved themselves across the surface of the microwave in a futile gesture of escape.

You sir have corrupted and twisted what could have been delicious mug-o-chickencheese and instead have birthed the microwaved abortion.

For shame.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

DEAR LORD sir.....:worship:
You have taken the chickencheese beyond!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Hear me brothers of the chickencheese. Let us not lose the faith amidst the onslaught of the unbelievers. Let us return to our roots.

First make some bread.

Get your not cheese ingredients ready.

Chicken, you must not be raw!

Veggies, your turn!

Not Cheese Assemble!

Now make room in your bread. (You can unleash the :krakken: too, its cool)

Cheesify the bread (:krakken: has been contained safely)

poo poo son, we've got chickencheese RIGHT NOW!

Melty!

Topless!

Where's the chickencheese?

It's on the inside bro. Where it COUNTS

Long love the chickencheese.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Krabkolash posted:

I had no provolone, so it was either that or american. I feel like I took the better way.

We accept your chickencheese, no matter how humble.

We hope you have learned from this attempt, and will return triumphant with a chickencheese parmesan (why is it a chicken parm when its covered in mozz?) worthy of the massive dump it will turn into.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Jazzahn posted:

Happy Hat, in all seriousness I understand that my skills as a cook are amateur at best. To be honest this started out as a silly joke that we had on mumble and I decided it would make a silly thread. I didn't realize GWS was so uptight about bro jokes and low brow humor (Though I do think a good deal of the poo poo was funny, and I know other people enjoyed it as well) AS WELL AS people who are just learning to cook.

In my defense I was really hoping people would move away from JUST sandwiches, which is why I did the Paneer and Chicken Tikka Masala (from scratch).

To sum up, stop being so drat elitist about food and use creativity to come up with chickencheese that ISN'T just a normal sandwich. Also, lighten the gently caress up.

See chickencheese pita :D

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Overall, I think GWS takes it self a bit too seriously at times.

One can sometimes get the feeling that if it's not Haute Cuisine or not "proper cooking" its not worth posting. (I realize there are exceptions, slow cooker, the "poor" thread, etc) While the amazing super effort super plating content is great, first and foremost SA was always a humor site.

I think sometimes we just need to sit back, eat a chickencheese, and just have some fun. You can only elevate a chickencheese (chicken philly cheesesteak) so far. It's drunken greasy street food for fucks sake. I'd love to see the Gravity deconstructed chickencheese, but at the same time I would eat the gently caress out of colhannibal's colonic destruction chickencheese doom dip.

TLDR: Can't we all just eat along?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

MasterFugu posted:

This is exactly the point that ricola, HH and various others have been making. when the thread is so narrowly focused, there's nowhere to go but down.

I'd counter that, with look what items myself, hannibal, and Jazzahn have done. Chickendip ChickenPita, and PaneerChicken. poo poo, I'm surprised there hasn't been a blackened chicken alfredo, or a chicken cordon blue, or so many other variants of chickencheese.

AI, PI, all have their oh god this is silly threads too. Car Game, Horrible Car poo poo, "You look like an idiot."

There should always be a bit of room for sillyness. at least in this case our sillyness is with something thats actually pretty tasty and reasonable.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Toast posted:

Honest to god who said anything about super effort plating? I'm loving terrible at plating (and food photography) and I contribute. Most of the people (like HH) are commenting on the narrow focus. There are a few people that are regulars that have that attitude I'll grant you but the vast majority of us just enjoy seeing new things posted and as long as a modicum of effort was made we don't care. Ignoring valid criticism and painting us all with that brush is incredibly lame.

Edit: What fugu said.

I'm not at all painting everybody with the elitist brush. I'm just saying how i feel about GWS sometimes. I agree that GWS is an amazing resource. It just sometimes feels like do it right or don't do it at all.

I've been around when it was GBS food, and it was goon food only. And I also remember the swing to PURITY THE ONLY TRUE CARBONARA and THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HOUMMUS.

Can't we all just gently caress around sometime?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Toast posted:

Why are you using those as examples?

The Carbonara thread was named that because what most people think is carbonara is actually anything but.

As for the hummus, there have been about 8 billion hummus recipes posted in here since that time and it was one person's joke title?

Again, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with gbsfood type things (well some of them, most of the hotdog rollup vein were loving terrible.) My point is that there needs to be some actual ongoing new content.

Those were what popped into my head, probably not the best examples.

I agree with the EpicMEalTime clone hate. I'm just saying, sometimes dumb is fun. Obviously we can't have every thread be silly, poo poo I've earned probation for trying to play calvinball in GBS a while back. Sometimes silly isn't funny anymore.

*shrug* I just really like this thread, think its sort of fun, and figured I'd roll with it. Sorta like RainbowCake.

Edit: VVVV I like you. Bro.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

NEW IDEA.

Toast! I hereby challenge you to a chickencheese throwdown!

You feel there is nowhere to go, and that all the chickencheese that can exist have existed. I say NAY!

We each must create 3 new preparations of chickencheese not yet photographed in this thread. I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but dessert and drink are fair options if you think it could work.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I hope Toast accepts my challenge throwdown.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Saint Darwin posted:

This thread made me go out and buy bread, green peppers, and provolone, so once the kitchen clears out due to whatever nonsense meal the housemate is cooking, it's chicken cheese time.

More like chickentease :(

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Saint Darwin posted:

I'm a terrible cook...yo

I'm not sure what you've done there.

You sir are the Picassbro of chickencheese.

The Doctor posted:

I accidentally a chickencheese.

Here are the instructions.

Please bring me one of these yesterday.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

KlavoHunter posted:

This should really go in the 'Show us what you cooked today" thread, but I love this thread more, and this DID have both chicken and cheese... so...

BEHOLD! CHICKENCHEESE ENCHILADAS!

That's 'Quesadilla cheese' and mashed avocado. Not depicted, a little bit of shredded cheddar.

:bravo:

You have joined us in our quest to further the art of chikencheese! Welcome bro! Chickencheese beyond the sandwich.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

It was good.

You are brilliant, and have redeemed the mug.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

angerbot posted:

This is oddly the most successful traveling thread I've seen in years.

The power of the chickencheese is mighty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I made Chickencheese with couscous, veggies, and Marsala sauce.