Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Jesus Christ posted:

I would argue that to remedy the calamity that is the 'chickencheese' situation we elect a third moderator for the GWS forum. It is obvious that there are several warring factions that will not reconcile their differences and desperately need a third party mediator -- an arbiter of sorts -- one who is vested in this community but is not entangled in the politics of it. One who could help remediate the faults that each parties lay claim.

If this proposal is to gain traction amongst the regulars (and irregulars) of this subforum, I would like to nominate myself for that position.

I have been a member of these forums for over 12 years. I have seen every trend, every meme, every flame war, every ghastly thing that has occurred. I was there for Hotdog Roll-Up.

I am one who wants the highest quality of posts and culinary consortium but also enjoy sillyposts and understand their importance. Believe me, no one cried harder the day the burg thread in GBS was locked than myself.

In these short few days approaching the national elections I realize many have little concern for the seemingly 'petty' disputes over quality control of this subforum, but I do.

There is far too much divisiveness, far too much animosity between the different folds of our union. Much as the United States has a checks and balances system with the executive, judicial, and legislative branch, this forum needs the same. Our existence is not sustainable with the current system we have.

Elect me and we will form a triumvirate that will equally represent the values of all Goons With Spoons to form a stronger, more unified subforum -- representing the interests of the highly skilled who wish to demonstrate what talented cooking can and should be, while maintaining a friendly atmosphere where anybody can come to ask any question they have without the fear of ridicule, or post the occasional thread of silly without being be-shatten on by the 'elite.'

"Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity". -Voltaire

[edit] This post is in no way meant to disparage Bart or Happy in any way, just that for the health of this community it might help to introduce other opinions.

lol the food forum doesn't need 3 mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Ice Phisherman posted:

I would agree, but the gunk in my arteries from chickencheese is edging that poo poo out.

3 slices of melted provolone cheese is "artery clogging gunk"?