Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It will always defy me how one man can spin so much gold through his entire career. Deconstruction holds a special place in my heart for unique listening experiences, but Addicted and Ghost are just pure magic. Devin has a song for almost every mood and occasion and he's wonderful :3:

Including DTB, Ih-Ah, Kawaii, Life and Namaste are all you need for a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Epicloud is brilliant and my only complaint is how short it is. I want it to go on for hours!

I enjoyed the entire album and I'm suprised how quickly Lucky Animals has grown on me. Themeatically it's a very light experience, I'm not as enraptured by the lyrics like I was in Deconstruction (In a "Holy poo poo, did I just hear that right?" sort of way) or Addicted, but it all sounds as bombastic and loud as you expect a Devin album to sound. Regarding the first half, really my only complaint is I was hoping True North would consist of more of the cheerful "I love you, I need you" bounciness but instead it collapses into Devin's usual chaos which was kind of disappointing.

All in all it's a fantastic addition to the DTP line and you can tell it's something that Devin has really wanted to do. I'm not sure if I like it as much as Addicted, but it's kind of hard to compare it with the rest of his albums as it seems to be a pick n' mix of all the things he's learned from his previous works.

• Locked thread