Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Yeah that rerecording of Kingdom completely blew me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Yeah, last night was pretty drat special in person. Here's hoping he does more shows like this in the future!

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Incase any London Goons missed it, Dev's just announced a show in May with Meshuggah and Periphery :)

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
I thought Devin played an interesting set in Brixton, but the sound quality was really really bad...

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

henpod posted:

I came here to post the same thing. I had a friend who had never heard/seen Devin before so I was really excited about what was to come, but the sound...you could barely hear the vocals, the banter or even lead guitar melodies. I wasn't a fan of the set either to be honest. I know he must be bored of the same songs, but Addicted and Life were sorely missed and I think Planet of the Apes needs to get dropped.

Oh yeah, Jesus, I have seen Planet of the Apes three times, and it's by far my least favourite on that album. I was happy to get Deadhead and a few off Epicloud that I haven't heard before.

Still holding out to hear any Ocean Machine though (Other than Life...)

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

Revol posted:

He said he'd like to revisit more Physicist songs like he did with Kingdom. Is there any word which songs he'd do? I really hope he gives Irish Maiden another shot.

Oh yeah, Irish Maiden could be so rocking if only the sound wasn't quite so flat.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Retinal Circus Teaser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Gwtep2oXw

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

I was wondering what was up with that. Looks too dark to be a vein, though. I thought maybe it was some makeup or something.

Ziltoid TV show could be really great.

Yeah, he was wearing corpse paint for a reason I can't really fathom.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
New teaser for Ziltoid something: http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/08/19/ziltoid-interrupts-u-k-radio-show-my-hour-is-getting-close/

I think I read somewhere (Twitter?) That Ziltoid radio was starting in the UK this Saturday, so probably for that.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
I have to say I really enjoyed the Z2 snippet he played at the beginning.

Also; this is the perfect radio show after a few drinks.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

henpod posted:

Don't get me wrong, I love the man but I think he needs to get other people to mix his stuff. I might be in the minority here, but I find The Retinal Circus audio to be so damned 'bassy' and low that it just sounds flat, overproduced and a little bit lifeless. Deconstruction and Addicted from By a Thread were horribly mixed also, and the last time I saw him live earlier this year, it was the same issue. Just loud, loud lowness and drowned-out vocals. I know he wants a 'big' sound but sometimes it's to the detriment of clarity. The guitars just don't seem to have any bite.

Saying that, he loving nailed the vocals in Detox from the Circus. Man still has it.

I didn't mind retinal so much, though I have only listened on Spotify so much. It sounds a hell of a lot better than By a Thread and his Brixton show this year to me.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Ziltoid is doing an alternative Christmas speech at 3pm on team rock tomorrow.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I still remember when some London person in the thread was complaining that they could only go to 3 out of 4 of the DTP album shows and how I wanted to punch that person in the face.

That was probably me. Still pissed I didn't see Ghost :)

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
I think Deathray is the first Devin song I've ever been disappointed by. Normally if I don't get it, it needs a few more listens, but I don't think that's going to save Deathray :(

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
I don't know what's wrong with me. All this love for Z2... And I can't get into it at all... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

Kaboobi posted:

I like Sky Blue a lot better than Dark Matters, as it seems most of the thread does too :ssh:

Not enjoying that either. Ah well, can't win them all... :(

• Locked thread