Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I love the fact that the music is so honest and that he is making just the kind of music he wants. No bullshit, just expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

oh god im dying

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Grace is headed straight to my (big) list of favourite Dev songs. And holy poo poo Kingdom is good.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Devin pretty much isn't the same person as he was during SYL and a big part of why I love this dude so much is because the music is so honest. He's said that's the reason he won't do SYL stuff anymore, because he can't play the songs 100% from the heart, because that isn't him anymore since he's clean and whatever. Also I've got the feeling that SYL took off harder than Devin expected, and he wanted to be known for his solo stuff instead of just SYL and now that it's happened he wants to do his own stuff for a while and I'm fine with that.

My friend chatted up Byron Stroud like a year back when he was signing stuff at a record store or something, and he said he'd wanted a SYL reunion cause the songs are really fun and everything, but it's up to Devin. Who knows what he'll do after he's gotten all of this awesome music out of his system, a strapping reunion doesn't sound impossible at some point in the future. I'm rambling like an idiot here, but I could just talk about this dude all day long. :allears:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
According to facebook, you can stream the retinal circus show for like 10e. That's a sweet loving deal if you can't be there physically.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
15 minute break, show rocks. Totally worth 10bux

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
SIKE! :stare:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'd start from 'a really heavy thing' and follow the progress of the music through the albums but that's just me.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Goddamn, another two albums coming up already, if devin takes good care of himself we might have someone whose total musical output compares to zappa's.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I had no idea he had the guy from Shining on one of the tracks, awesome.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I've found Epicloud-era Devin hard to listen to, but after seeing Truth as the first track on the new record I've kinda got my hopes up. Went back and listened through Infinity for the first time in a while, and holy poo poo that's a drat great album, I hope some of it rubs off on Transcendence.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
If devy's bass bombs arent hitting you like a cannonball to the chest you are too far from the stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
So whats up with the coordinates all up on devys IG? A treasure hunt?

• Locked thread