Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Since Ziltoid was after coffee on Z1, I'd say he's after a biscuit on Z2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
^^ It is my least favourite Dev record. The production isn't that bad, it just isn't either SYL or solo Dev. It's like a weird mix of the two.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
And in true Steven Wilson style, the vinyl contains a track not found anywhere else.

Also, the promos have been distributed.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
^^ All good suggestions. I'd also add Terria to the list due to it being literally an ethereal wall of sound (and my favourite Dev album anyway).

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

Allen Wren posted:

I would be into a full remix/remaster of Physicist, though. Material is quite probably my favorite Dev moment ever.
This. It should really be re-recorded with larger production, but I'll take a remix any day.

Devin said recently that he might do older stuff in a new coat so to speak. No mention on whole albums though.

Edit: It's actually on the listener commentary for Epicloud he says this. There are several Physicist songs he wants to redo.

Viivac fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 12, 2012

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
^^ Hard to argue with that one.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Just got Retinal Circus. Definitely the best produced live show of his yet. It looks great!

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

Hammer Floyd posted:

I'm not sold on it yet.
Me either. I think Flight, Forgive Me and The Bridge are pure gold, but the rest of it have to grow on me a bit.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Blu ray on the way because holy poo poo. The RAH mix sounds much better than BAT and RS.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Death of Music is pretty much his ultimate song for me. We were watching the RAH blu ray yesterday on my setup and we had to rewind 3 times for it. It's that loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Casualties of Cool reissue with the Union Chapel DVD up for preorder.

• Locked thread