Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pim01
Oct 22, 2002

If the camera makes it to Europe I'm happy to shoot a roll of Castles and Assorted Old Stuff here in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Also quite willing to ship long distance if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Awesome. I'm working on getting the tumblr up and running now. Thanks very much, nonanone!

Did the handoff to dorkasaurus_rex go down successfully / awkwardly?

EDIT: Re-iterating that the pictures are excellent, nonanone

Also, Tumblr is up:

http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/

"Dicpix.tumblr.com" was taken; I did not venture there to see. But our Tumblr is indeed titled "D.I.C.P.I.X."

Once I figure out the best way for other people to upload their pictures to it (first guess: email) I'll send out the relevent info to Awkward Davies and nonanone.

I'd like to have the pictures appear in both this thread, and the Tumblr.

Thanks! Still trying to arrange a handoff, hopefully it won't be too long now.

spooky wizard
May 8, 2007

I'm in NYC, but just starting out this month, and I'm willing to get in on this if there's still room. :)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I got emailing to the tumblr to work. Seems fairly straightforward.
For those who have never emailed a post into a tumblr, you simply send an email to a particular email address linked to the tumblr, with the title of the post as the subject line, any photos as attachments, and any text in the body of the email if you like.

I will email the address to people as they announce they have received the camera.

I have Awkward Davies' email address already, nonanone please PM me or email me at (all one word) martin brummell AT msn DOT com. dorkasaurus_rex please do the same when you get the camera.

pim01 thanks for the long-distance shipping offer. I think we'll hold you to it!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Man, I still haven't developed my pictures yet but nonanones are so good I'm not sure I want to.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Awkward Davies posted:

Man, I still haven't developed my pictures yet but nonanones are so good I'm not sure I want to.

Just develop your dicpix already, gosh.

ExecuDork posted:

I got emailing to the tumblr to work. Seems fairly straightforward.
For those who have never emailed a post into a tumblr, you simply send an email to a particular email address linked to the tumblr, with the title of the post as the subject line, any photos as attachments, and any text in the body of the email if you like.

I will email the address to people as they announce they have received the camera.

I have Awkward Davies' email address already, nonanone please PM me or email me at (all one word) martin brummell AT msn DOT com. dorkasaurus_rex please do the same when you get the camera.

pim01 thanks for the long-distance shipping offer. I think we'll hold you to it!

Hey can you add a link to the tumber to the OP so it's easier to find the link in the future?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Mr. Despair posted:

Just develop your dicpix already, gosh.

Hey can you add a link to the tumber to the OP so it's easier to find the link in the future?

Seconding the "develop and post your pix already" request - and that goes to everyone who fondless this camera in futre.

Also, tumblr link in OP. Good call.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

A nice excuse, but go develop them anyways!

I also added my pictures to the tumblr, hooray.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

nonanone posted:

A nice excuse, but go develop them anyways!

I also added my pictures to the tumblr, hooray.

nonanone's photos are indeed on the tumblr. Now I don't feel like I'm just throwing stuff into the void! Other people are standing on the precipice and throwing stuff in, too! The rest of you, go there and admire those photos again.

This took a little back-and-forth in PMs to achieve, so here's some advice I will also add to the OP: maximum file size is 10mb. I uploaded mine directly so even though my total file load came in at 15mb, it went through. I guess tumblr treats emails as individual files, so make sure your total email attachment size is under 10mb. Break it up into multiple posts and all will be well.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
Hey Dorkasaurus, give me a shout when you're ready for the next hand-off. I will make my ventures with the camera quick so as not to keep the next person waiting too long.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
South Williamsburg under the JMZ in Brooklyn:

16080037.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

The view from my workspace in Brooklyn:

16080035.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

In New York, we play a fun game called: "Actual Crime Scene, Or Movie Shoot?"

16080034.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

This one was tough, but turned out to be a movie shoot:

16080032.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Yes those are Christmas trees in August:

16080028.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Graffiti near my apartment, Brad really seems to like his name, but I still like the "Mila Kunis is Bored" tag better:

16080027.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Self-portrait on my roof right before one of the many huge storms we had this summer:

16080017.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Others indulging in storm watching at the same time as I was:

16080016.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD scooters near WTC:

16080011.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

A man and his chips:

16080006.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Hoard of tourists by the WTC site. The number of people there/the entire site is pretty weird.

16080004.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD control tower at WTC:

16080003.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Hurray!!! Great stuff, thanks for putting it up. Did you get my email with the information for posting to the tumblr?

Dorkasaurus_Rex and nonanone, did the hand-off happen?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Those are awesome!

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

These two are my favorite, great mood.

And the camera is officially in Dorkasaurus' hands, so hopefully everyone isn't too sick of seeing NYC yet :)

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm starting to wonder if someone (not me, I don't have any suitable spare cameras) should start one in Europe somewhere, while the Canon is circulating the US.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

nielsm posted:

I'm starting to wonder if someone (not me, I don't have any suitable spare cameras) should start one in Europe somewhere, while the Canon is circulating New York City.

fixed it.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

South Williamsburg under the JMZ in Brooklyn:

16080037.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

In New York, we play a fun game called: "Actual Crime Scene, Or Movie Shoot?"

16080034.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

This one was tough, but turned out to be a movie shoot:

16080032.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Yes those are Christmas trees in August:

16080028.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Graffiti near my apartment, Brad really seems to like his name, but I still like the "Mila Kunis is Bored" tag better:

16080027.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Self-portrait on my roof right before one of the many huge storms we had this summer:

16080017.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD scooters near WTC:

16080011.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

A man and his chips:

16080006.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Hoard of tourists by the WTC site. The number of people there/the entire site is pretty weird.

16080004.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

NYPD control tower at WTC:

16080003.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Some really great shots here, man. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this little thing!

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

I will shoot a little NYC probably and then go straight into the "great state of New Jersey", where I live, and continue from there. So I think the NY part of this will be coming to a close shortly.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Mannequin posted:

I will shoot a little NYC probably and then go straight into the "great state of New Jersey", where I live, and continue from there. So I think the NY part of this will be coming to a close shortly.

What are the post-New state plans? I'm in Chicago and would chip in for receipt or be willing to be a long distance conduit (disposable income and a lack of social life!).

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I think there are a bunch of us in the midwest. It looks like the camera will get here too late to catch the nice fall colors, though. Maybe it'll bum around Virginia long enough for it to get snowy up here.

Here's the list of midwest folks who've posted:

a foolish pianist: Ann Arbor
Trevor Hale: Chicago
xzzy: Chicago
Man_of_Teflon: Chicago
geeves: Pittsburgh
dakana: Dayton, Ohio
RizieN: Cincinatti
Enter Char: Wisconsin
Mr. Despair: South Dakota

a foolish pianist fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 18, 2012

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress you lovely database error

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2012

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

a foolish pianist posted:

I think there are a bunch of us in the midwest. It looks like the camera will get here too late to catch the nice fall colors, though. Maybe it'll bum around Virginia long enough for it to get snowy up here.

TomR: Hamilton, Ontario

Wonderful Midwestern states like Pennsylvania and Canada.

(I'm in South Dakota).

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Pittsburgh is practically Ohio. I'd gotten the position of Hamilton mixed up with London, ON, though, so that definitely shouldn't be in there. I've added you.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

a foolish pianist posted:

Mr. Despair: South Dakota
Quoting this so I can find it again by searching for myself (which I might be able to find using both hands :downs: )

Also, Hamilton ON is like 2-3 hours away from London ON, so I wouldn't put them in different regions. Just me, though. Rarely is Ontario considered part of the American Midwest, in my experience.

From Page 4, updated:

ExecuDork posted:

dorkasaurus_rex New York IN POSSESSION
Mannequin New York or somewhere nearby with a similar name
rio New Jersey and its scenic pollution
AIIAZNSK8ER Virginia
BobTheCow Virginia
torgeaux Virginia and willing to give it a good hard shove to at least another time zone.

I would like to see some longer-distance movement, like either across the Atlantic or to the West Coast of the USA. But, there are many enthusiastic goons in the fly-over states ("Midwest", Texas, I'm sure other areas are well-represented).

Middle-America goons, convince the rest of us to send it to you!
With the caveat (and to repeat myself), all movements of the camera are ultimately up to whoever is currently holding it. So you're really gonna have to convince torgeaux if nobody earlier on the list changes the plan.

dorkasaurus_rex PM me or email me (email address under spoiler tags on page 1) and I'll send you the email address to post to the tumblr.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

If I have the camera the week of november 12th I will try and take the camera a mile (almost) underground. Just tossing that out there.

The pics won't be that special underground at all, but at least you can say it was there :buddy:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

ExecuDork posted:

Quoting this so I can find it again by searching for myself (which I might be able to find using both hands :downs: )

Also, Hamilton ON is like 2-3 hours away from London ON, so I wouldn't put them in different regions. Just me, though. Rarely is Ontario considered part of the American Midwest, in my experience.

From Page 4, updated:

I would like to see some longer-distance movement, like either across the Atlantic or to the West Coast of the USA. But, there are many enthusiastic goons in the fly-over states ("Midwest", Texas, I'm sure other areas are well-represented).

Middle-America goons, convince the rest of us to send it to you!
With the caveat (and to repeat myself), all movements of the camera are ultimately up to whoever is currently holding it. So you're really gonna have to convince torgeaux if nobody earlier on the list changes the plan.

dorkasaurus_rex PM me or email me (email address under spoiler tags on page 1) and I'll send you the email address to post to the tumblr.

Yo fool, check your PMs.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Sorry, I was out of internet contact for the last week or so.

dorkasaurus_rex, take pictures with the camera. Get them developed (or develop them yourself) and put them up on teh intarwub somewhere. I will send you the necessary information to put them on the Tumblr.

Also, pass the camera to Mannequin unless you suddenly decided you hate him and everything he stands for. It happens, so we'll understand (not specifically to Mannequin, just in general) but we do want you to pass the camera on when you've shot a roll through it.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I'm torn. On one hand, I'm bummed this is moving so slow. On the other, the camera won't hit the pacific northwest until the spring, so I'll have something more interesting to shoot than the streets of Seattle.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm just going to take the camera on a walk from my office to Pike Place. The only thing that will change is the farmland I drive through on the way into the city.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Someday it'll leave New York.

Someday.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
I'm going to have it for like two days at most and then send it immediately off to the next person. I know some of the things I'm going to shoot already, the other... I'm not too sure but I doubt any of you will care if you get a cat picture or something. (Not planning on taking a picture of a cat, just throwing that out there for the sake of keeping this thing going).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like the idea of the camera moving slowly, if it takes a year to work through the whole list it means we'll get an interesting progression of time.

Maybe we should all agree on taking a single photo with a fixed theme or subject, like a park bench or something.

"A study of park benches around the world and across time" sounds sufficiently pretentious. :wotwot:

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -