Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Count me in! I'm in Melbourne, Australia and happy to ship it wherever, and also happy to throw in a roll of film for the next person too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Tumblr title suggestion: Rokkor'n all over the world (if only it was a minolta).

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Third'd. If you take more than a week to shoot the most interesting/iconic stuff around you, you're not trying :colbert:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Hard nipples are okay right?

Hard = art, soft = smut.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Indonesia is our closest neighbour :australia:, I'm willing to kick it along to anywhere in Oceania or SE Asia with a roll or two in it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's either B&W or go crazy like that Australian guy from APUG who managed to do the K14 process in his shed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Yeah, I think he was something like that, he basically wanted to prove that you could do it, and then not tell anyone how he did it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Send it down here! :australia: I don't know if there's any more of us interested, but I'm sure I remember some Dorkroomers in SE Asia who were keen.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I remember getting that nasty surprise from customs when I ordered a Mamiya 645 from KEH while living in Scotland, duties ended up being nearly half what I paid for the camera. Thankfully we have the $1000 duties threshold for imports in Australia before you get charged (otherwise it'd be impossible to buy anything here at a reasonable price).

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

geeves posted:

What are we missing about this shot? Besides that they're playing some game to which the plebs are not privy.

Thats probably my favourite of the shots just posted, but it's pretty common game typically popular amoung the older set in Commonwealth countries and also young people who want to drink cheap booze during the Summer in Australia.

Spedman fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 5, 2013

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Send to the Far South East, I'll shoot the gently caress out of it, and I'm sure all the other goons in SE Asia/Australasia would too.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

deaders posted:

Send it to Australia

DO IT.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Send me an email here tdjames82 (at) google mail and we'll get the ball rolling

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

My bad with the late reply, busy weekend of footy finals here in Melbourne, email has been sent!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just to update everyone, there's been a little issue with getting the camera from the Melbourne Airport to my house from Japan (thanks VomitOnLino!), but I've called the actually quite helpful Australia Post and they're going to resend it out this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in time to shoot some of the action around the city with the Aussie Rules Football grand final this weekend.

Also, any Aussies out their who want the camera after me get in touch! tdjames82 at the mail that starts with a g

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Man_alive posted:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you capture. Local footy's finished here, so there's not much going on :(

Well I won't be capturing any of the game, I won't be getting a ticket this year. But I'll hopefully get some of the colour before and after around Melbourne, maybe get the Grand Final parade on Friday.

The mess-up with the camera has been sorted and I'll pick it up tomorrow on the way to work.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I've now shot a couple rolls around town, and probably will shoot another on the weekend, so NEXT WEEK I want it pass it on to the next goon.

So if anyone south of Singapore wants the camera please post here! Otherwise it's off to alkanphel.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Baron Dirigible posted:

I don't have any exciting plans for the next while but I'm sure I'd regret not getting in on this DICPIX action.

Spedman, are there any neutral meeting spots you'd want to do a shifty handover? I work in Collingwood and live in Northcote but I'll take anything more specific to PMs.

I work in Carlton so we could do a handball of the camera in Fitzroy next week sometime. I don't have PMs so hit me up at tdjames82 at gee mail so we can keep the camera moving. Good thing being that the awesome high speed colour film that VomitOnLino put in wont be x-rayed before the next goon has a chance of shooting it.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Ready to be passed on to Baron Dirigible today

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That reminds me, I need the email for the tumblr for my boring Melbourne photos tdjames82 at Google

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

New photos are up!

Here's a few I liked

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

It's probably a combination of shooting Kodak Gold and just mashing the auto adjust button in Lightroom that gives it the warm VSCO style tone, and hence 80's look.

Plus the places I tend to go haven't changed their facades in decades and have a fair amount of much loved graffiti on them.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Baron Dirigible posted:

Yikes, I lost a few frames to leaks but nothing that bad.

I'm pretty sure I didn't manhandle it too badly, but I'd be happy to chip in for a CLA if this is a recent development...

Same, I had a few little ones, nothing that crazy. Mind you, its probably the fact that Perth is about 20mins drive from the face of the sun.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Deaders probably got murdered by some Mad Max types in the wastelands of Perth for critiquing their art too bluntly.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Nothing ever escapes Perth easily.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

He favourited one of my photos on tumblr the other day, so he or his bot are still breathing.

Also, Perth is full of terrible people, which is why it's kept on that side of the country all by its self.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I just sent him a message via the new Tumblr messaging service, I'll let the thread know of any response.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Deader's is alive, and the camera will be up and moving again soon, with WTF will take it and it can go from there I think.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Any takers for the AE-1? Deaders is keen to ship it out of oblivion (ie Perth).

http://m.imgur.com/M8Ya120,wUaHAZ5,bIeqrzM

Spedman fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 14, 2015

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That whole series is fantastic, ya long streak of pelican poo poo.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Mr. Despair posted:

I mean, deaders has had the camera for over a year already, so I guess 2-3 users in 6 months would be a massive improvement.

e. seriously is Australia so boring that it takes more than a week or two to shoot a roll of film? :colbert:

Perth and Adelaide are, the rest isn't.

You've gotta get out Aus so you can come back see how good it actually is.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

They're incredibly hit and miss, I'll for for months with everything being sent on time, then I'll get them attempting to deliver a photobook I ordered from Brooklyn once, not leave a card, then immediately send it all the way back, or something just as dumb. I know a few posties, they're an odd bunch.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

SoundMonkey posted:

not vb, 0/10

He's not from the mainland, thats best/worst he can do down there.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Emu Export is the rabbit piss equivalent from WA, easily worse than VB/XXXX.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think WTF has it down in Tassie and will shoot it when he's back, then send it off immediately.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Has anyone got in touch directly with Sludge Tank about it?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Best to get it out of Aus ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

That's the one, deaders and then mine being the last two posters

• Locked thread