Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

shoot kodachrome

Not funny. I have a roll of K25 in my freezer that I didn't get to shoot before the kodapocalpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

The problem is that nobody offered to buy the domain and/or set up the WordPress.

I did register dorkroom.tumblr.com but never got around to posting goatse on in.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I think we should keep it in the PNW for three months as a gently caress you to NYC.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

rio posted:

Don't even talk about getting the shaft. New Jersey got straight up hosed by the assholes in New York.

Jersey deserves it. :radcat:

EDIT:I meant getting hosed, not the camera.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Bob Socko posted:

I went to four different stores looking for black and white film - two drugstores, a grocery store, and finally a camera store. No luck. I finally gave up and bought a roll of Kodak Ultramax 400 because I've had good luck shooting at ISO 320 around here. I shot two photos, only to learn that the first two photos are usually burned when you load the film. Oh well.

I'll use most of the roll tomorrow, if not all of it. Depends on if I have time to get to the base of Snoqualmie Falls by 10 AM or not - if not, I'll do it Friday. Either way, the camera will be on its way in a couple of days.

Glazer's has a ton of B&W as does Kenmore Camera.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I am sorry that you live in the scrub tier part of the Seattle metro (ei; anywhere outside the city limits). Too bad you are planning on sending the camera out in a timely fashion otherwise I would offer to meet you some where and hand off a roll of Arista Premium.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Why would be there any issue with a local trade instead of mailing? I know someone else is up next, but if it can save someone fifteen bucks on shipping...

Nah I don't want the camera I just meant I would have donated a roll of B&W to the project. It takes me like a month to shoot a roll of 35mm no need to have that hanging over my head.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

but seattle could be the new new york!

Already is, half of my friends moved to Seattle from NY.

Bob Socko posted:

Edit - in the time it took me to type up a response while chasing around my toddler, I saw that 8th doesn't want the camera. Thanks for the offer of film, that's a very nice gesture. Hit up the next person who gets it in Seattle?

Thanks, I do appreciate the offer but with my work schedule right now photography is a bit rough. If this camera keeps on moving I would be interested in shooting a roll sometime in the future.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I am planning a cross country drive in May or June and could pick up or drop off the camera any where between Seattle and upstate NY on I90. If the logistics aren't a nightmare I think it would be cool to shoot a roll on the road or something and then hand it over to some other nerd along the way. No solid plans yet just thought I would see what people think of that idea.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

Flyover State Snipe

The saddest of all snypes.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ShotgunWillie posted:

:thejoke:

I already mixed up the chemicals and everything. Heck, I would be happy to travel to whoever has the stuff and develop/scan on location so I wouldn't even have to borrow the equipment.

I'll bring a beer.

You can come over to my place (in Seattle) and use my tank, bring nonscrub tier beer.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

ExecuDork posted:

It occurs to me that it should be possible to develop in the Pelican case - it's waterproof, and big enough you could just toss a roll in there and let it unravel itself. You'd have to change solutions in the dark, but it's basically tray developing with the option of agitation by tossing it down the stairs.

If somebody does this, please remove the foam inserts first.

And upload a recording to youtube of you drunkenly tossing a case full of chemicals down the stairs.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

My photography teacher insisted the secret to development was consistency, especially when agitating. :colbert:

Stairs do not qualify.

How is our fault your have hosed up stairs?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

pseudonordic posted:

The Inconsistent Stairs would be a good band name. :coal:

Kind of a post rock Mogwaiesque thing maybe.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

Heh I had skipped right over that statement.

gently caress that, I don't want the stupid camera anymore. 5 months rotting in NYC, then it skips all the way to the west coast, and apparently now it's a "coast only" around the world camera? Here's hoping it gets sent to a watery grave trying to document those coasts.

Someone is jealous of people that live in nice places.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
As much as I like to make fun of people bogarting the camera, what's the rush? There is no deadline for this project right? The longer it's out there in the wild the more diverse the photos will be. I do think (unless money is a concern) that two shooters in the same area shouldn't get it in a row that way it bounces all over the place.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Buy a medium format camera.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I have like 15 sheets of those little stickers petapixel sells, because I thought they were limited time only and bought a ton just in case.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

a foolish pianist posted:

Come check out Detroit. We've got abandoned skyscrapers.

Robocop was one hell of a documentary.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I wanna shoot that mill too but every time I have made my way over there I have seen a truck or King County Sheriff parked there.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

It's either B&W or go crazy like that Australian guy from APUG who managed to do the K14 process in his shed.

I think that guy was a retired Kodak engineer right? Not that I doubt Mrdespair's mad science skills but....

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Spedman posted:

Yeah, I think he was something like that, he basically wanted to prove that you could do it, and then not tell anyone how he did it.

Sounds like Kodak's MO.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Pink...=item4164177b92

You know what you need to do.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Clayton Bigsby posted:

edit: Stone Tablet reader won't even work after the 10.8 update UGGHHHHHH

SMDH if you can't OCR a stone tablet.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

squidflakes posted:

How do you move the pins? The pin attached to my name is in the wrong city by about 350km.

Everything is bigger in Texas, even the mapping errors.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm told I received a camera at my house today from NJ, so wooooo for lovely photos on a lovely camera!

So business as usual?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Haiku? What's next anime robots with big titties?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

corn dogs for coon dogs
i will put mustard on both
woot is a poser

I will pay serious money for a photograph of Whitezombi putting mustard on woot fatique while a raccoon eats a corndog in the background.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Quick, someone find something even shittier to scare up interest in the shame box Soundmonkey is sending around.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

Where should I send the sigma.

The garbage. :snoop:

iceburn snype.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Much like when MrDespair sent me a N5005 declared as a gift, value $10. Customs opens it, declares it to be a digital camera, assesses the value at $300, and charges $45 in tax.

I mean, yeah I'll dispute it and get my money back, but this poo poo does happen. Goddamn though, thinking a N5005 is digital. What with the film spools and lack of LCD and all.

They probably just figured if you were dumb enough to use a N5005 then you wouldn't bother disputing the tax.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Is 'shitcameraforaclownatthecircus.tumblr.com' taken?

Nope, muchlikeyourposting.tumblr.com is also available.

EDIT: Serious post: why is shortbuscatte.tumblr.com still available? We could have been reblogging your cat THIS WHOLE TIME.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 6, 2013

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Yeah if it ever makes it back to the PNW I would like a crack at this thing.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Also I want the name and home address of whoever shipped a pallet of worthless Chinese LiPo packs that caught fire and made them make this rule.

Samsung Consumer Electronics
85 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I only want it if you promise to ball touch it right before you send it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Oh great, now we are Tumblr famous. Strong work guys.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Ball-seasoned or otherwise, did you send the shitcam to 8th?

Well don't send it to me right now. I leave for NY on Sunday and will be there until the 22nd.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I mean if he thinks he can get to to upstate NY by the 13th I will photograph a wedding with the poo poo cam.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Musket posted:

So whats the deal with shitcam? I may want to use it for a portrait project outside my soulmate bar. If 8thsam has it next, how about that shitographer comes to portland and hand delivers it.

This can be arranged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Musket posted:

Could do a photobeers meet up in my hood on a weekend night and take drunk portraits. My sofa is available. My body is ready.

I will get at you when this wedding shindig is over. If noone hears from me in two weeks I died from central NY's lack of culture.

• Locked thread