Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

"I slept same as usual." She pops a grape into her mouth. "But we have 'Powers' listed on the schedule too, Crystal. That has to be what you're talking about, with getting us 'comfortable'. But maybe they want to double-up on training, just to make sure. Oh yeah, and some of us don't have physical abilities, do we? Like Cecilia."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Oh cool," Sarah says, staring at the little robot. Robot rats? Why not? It even sounded like a rat, although she wasn't sure what the point of that was. With a wave of her hand she gestures for it to trundle off, returning to its toast deliveries.

"Or me." Sarah turns back to the group. "I mean, unless they need cheerleaders I can't see us doing... well, whatever counts as a supersport." She takes a bite of her food. "You want my guess? We'll be running track and field or playing netball, same as any other school."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

A look up, still with a fork in her mouth. Crystal tugs the fork out quickly, waving it in her hand as she swallows. "Mebbe it's a theory-practice thing. 'PE' gets us out doin' while 'Powers' just teaches us a lotta history and theory," Crystal speculates, scraping her fork along the plate to get the last of the eggs. "Guess we'll find out."

"Don't be making fun," Crystal says to Sarah. "You've got to be in top shape to cheerlead, least competitively. Wouldn't get caught sayin' it but it's even harder than football. Easier to just slam into a guy than get tossed up in the air and land without breaking something."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"Slept like a log." Rickie announces. Which the girls to either side can attest to, it sounded like a sawmill in there. Quickly, the artist grabs two waffles, three strips of bacon, a fried egg and two sausages, and immediately arranges them into a sandwich. "Mwahaha. God, Mom would poo poo. Mostly because of the bacon. You know, I only had bacon once before I ran away. It doesn't matter if she's a horrible godforsaken mutant, the Ashers will keep kosher! Ugh." Rickie rolls her eyes and takes a bite, then sets it down and goes to work on it with a knife and fork like a normal breakfast.

"I think they're going to start us out on normal gym stuff, maybe with some stuff for the super-strong to do. Is that part of your deal, Crystal? Anyway, I'm like, a little stronger in the legs because I rode my bike across five states, but I couldn't power a small town with a giant hamsterwheel or anything."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Yeah, well, Ms. Caida's room is at the end of the hall on the first floor, and Anna's pretty sure none of the other girls were watching, and she's not going to tell, so there's no need for either of them to be embarrassed. And she meant what she said; it's good having someone who understands in your corner.

Anna heads upstairs and unpacks just as much of her bedtime stuff as she needs, then hits the hay. It takes her a while to get comfortable: it's an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar space, and her wings keep getting in the way as she tosses and turns. Eventually, sleep claims her.

The alarm rings all too soon, rousing her from bed and into the bath for a quick shower, followed by a quiet plod downstairs. The scent of food, not just reheated pizza or a school cafeteria's meager spread, meets her halfway down. She hangs back in the kitchen doorway for a short while, staring around at the buffet arranged on virtually every flat surface. Ms. Caida didn't do all this, did she? Anna steps closer to read the note near the grapes. No, apparently not.

Vzzz! Tires spin at the end of tiny electric motors and clever little servos, carrying... well, if Mickey Mouse had his own branded lunar rover, this little thing would look very much like it. Anna stares as it rears up on its hind wheels and stretches out like a cat about to claw the upholstery... and orients itself to roll up the kitchen island as if the furniture exerted its own gravity. She puts a hand against it, just to make sure that it doesn't.

"Gym's first?" she asks muzzily, not having memorized the schedule yet. Protein, then. A couple of sausages, a bit of eggs, a slice of the pizza so it doesn't go to waste... hmm. What'll they do with all the food that's left over? There's enough to feed two houses, probably. Maybe some of the other girls have higher metabolisms?

"Probably regular gym. The state probably makes it mandatory for schools. Might be different for the girls who can throw medicine balls overhand though," she opines.

---
Oop. Added 1 HP to first post.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Yeah, but I reckon I could do regular cheerleading." Sarah twirls a forkful of food as she talks. "It's the super-powered stuff I can't do."

"Regular gym's fine." More food, more OJ. There wasn't just a lot of it, it was good too. "Guessing they just up the difficulty for the people who need it."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"Mown'ng, Auwv'troff!" Rickie says around a mouthful of waffle as Anna grabs some food. She swallows and looks slightly abashed. "I've kinda started coming up with super-names for everybody. ...I like that sort of thing." She blushes.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"How's a log sleep?" Crystal asks Rickie. She nods a few times. "Not sure why. Partta bein' tough, I suppose. Haven't tested it or anythin'. Sounds like somethin' they might do in that powers class." Crystal stands back up and goes to the counter. She lingers there, idly stabbing a sausage with her fork and nibbling on it. "Howdy, Anna," she says. "Find out soon enough, Sarah. Y'all gotten enough?" she asks. "Not feelin' that hungry myself."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

"Aw-waw-wah?" Anna's jaw hangs open and wags loosely, impersonating a Sesame Street alien. It takes a second for her to translate, even after Rickie continues on about super-names. "Oh! Albatross!" She smiles, and there's a shrug with a tilt of her head for small emphasis. "Better than 'I'm So Raven!' at least."

Anna sets to noshing after she finds a fork in one of the drawers. Crystal's question comes as she's polishing off a sausage. "Probably another helping for me. Eat like a bird, you know."

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 12, 2012

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
To any eyes that accidentally glance across the clock on the mantelpiece, they'll see that 8:00 is bearing down on them!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

"Oh hell!" Crystal declares, dropping the fork and rushing to scoop up her bag. "C'mon, girls, we gotta get out to PE. Can't be late on our first day, they'd never let us hear the end of it!" With that Crystal's breaking into a full run out the door.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

What?! Anna looks toward the clock. "Aw, dammit," she says, grabbing another sausage before hurrying out.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Huh?" Sarah glances quickly between the departing housemates - then it hits her. The time.

"Oh great," she moans, grabbing her bag and heading after Crystal and Anna.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"Yikes!" Snatching another piece of bacon, Rickie dashes along with the girls.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

"Hwah?" Tara mumbles, mouthful of melon and oats. She sees the time and nearly chokes. "Ommgofffkkkkk--" She sends down some milk to flood the blockage and the spiders take of the rest. "Guh-Gotta run!" She stuffs a bunch of papers and pencils into a bag and runs out the door, following the others.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Cecilia

Her eyelids spring open at the sound of a door slamming shut. Why would anybody be slamming doors at this hour, she wonders lazily as she rolls over to peek at the tiny alarm clock set up on her dresser. 7:53 stares back at her with all the ominicity of a freight train and a dime on the tracks. Her mind groggily remembers something about PE first thing in the morning. I guess there's more than one way to be flattened.

Blinking sleep from her eyes, she leaps out of bed and into a randomly-selected set of hand-me-downs from her luggage. Torn jeans and an overly large sweater over a simple t-shirt with a department store logo. She rolls up the sleeves as she bolts down the stairs. The overwhelming smell of a delicious breakfast going cold slaps her in the face like a wet trout. She makes a pit-stop only long enough to grab an orange, then heads for the front door.

Luckily, she can still the group heading to class. She runs the whole way, catching up to them completely out of breath. "If only *gasp* I had *gasp* superspeed," she manages, between gulps of air.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
One by one the girls realise the time, and race out of the house. Streaming across the quad, the chilly early morning air hits them like a tonne of bricks. The house had been nice and heated, and the sudden change to chilly rural air is drastic. All the more reason to get into the gym as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately it isn't as big a relief as one might have hoped, as they're hit by a blast of cool air as they race into the gym. After workout it would probably feel nice, but combined with the temperature outside it just chills the girls to the bone.

A dividing wall with an empty welcome desk greets the Blues. Following the entrance further into the gym on the left side of the desk the girls are met with lines of treadmills, ellipticals, rowing machines, stair machines; just about every kinda of cardio machine that had ever been made. And one or two that none of them had ever seen before. Poking around, the Blues find a just as big space with more machines to the right of all the cardio stuff. The fact all of them have some kind of weights on them tip inquisitive minds off to the fact that this was the weights room, both machines and free weighs at the back. Some of them were so cartoonishly huge that they wouldn't have been out of place in Bugs Bunny.

Separating the cardio and weights areas was one long and super tall rock climbing wall that stretched all the way up to the ceiling. And in a three story building that was a hell of a long way up. Off to the side of the cardio room was a stairway leading up to the second, and then presumably third, floors. And under the stairs is a door to the locker and change room, and beyond there an olympic sized swimming pool and diving boards.

One last bit of poking around find that there is yet another space behind the cardio and weights, containing a basketball court, separated off by a diving wall. And on the basketball court another group of girls finally come into view, presumably Red House if the schedule is to be believed. A group of six very awkward, slightly nervous looking girls.

They seemed to be a mixed bunch, looking at them. There is one girl who looks 'normal', with green eyes and caramel skin and maybe a bit older than you. Next to her is a girl in Hot Topic goth garb lazily floating on top of a cloud of flame. She has maybe the single worst dye job any of you have ever seen, black and green streaks marking her shoulder length hair. Sitting on the floor was a kinda chunky blonde, her eyes a solid blue. She seems to be concentrating on the floor in front of her, where little blue animals were frolicking. A tall asian girl with an unflattering bowl cut is bouncing on the spot quite noticeably, but that isn't quite as noticeable as the really very baggy Straw Hat Pirates t-shirt she was wearing. She seems a little hyper.

More eye catching than even the anime shirt is the girl sitting by herself in a corner. Her skin a constantly shifting psychedelic tapestry of flowing colours, right now being a calming mixture of deep blues, purples and cyan. It takes effort to look away as the slowly shifting colours and patterns across her skin suck you in. When you do finally manage to tear your eyes away from her, it's because a huge pair of brown and white wings block most of the view.

"Hi, I'm Jean." She introduces herself with a little wave. She has sharp yellow eyes and small talons where most would have fingers. Her short hair matches the brown of her huge wings, which were bigger than even Anna's. Maybe 12ft wingtip to wingtip. "You guys are Blue House, right?"

There's still a few minutes before class starts and Ms. Sanders is no where to be found.

Happy birthday fowl! Have a HP to celebrate!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

The opulence of the facilities wasn't lost on Sarah. Whoever had financed this place - Ms. Frost herself? - was loaded. Seriously loaded. A part of her wondered exactly how much was being wasted on running machines and rock-climbing walls, but held her tongue. She doubted anyone would appreciate a lecture this early on in the morning.

The other girls were... different. She realised that Blue house was surprisingly normal-looking, for the most part. Only two people with visible mutations - three, if Tara was feeling spider-y.

"Hey." She waves a cautious hand, matching Jean. "Yeah, we're Blue House alright. I'm Sarah. We were kinda running late... You seen the teacher yet?"

Her eyes keep on drifting back to the psychedelic skin girl.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Cecilia

Cecilia follows her housemates into the gym, carefully peeking around the place before committing to entering the impressive building. Cecilia does some additional poking around, momentarily getting lost in the closet near the locker room. She catches up with the Blues as they enter the basketball court. She is immediately aware of the large wingspan of the girl who calls herself "Jean".

Cecilia glances nervously at Anna. This is going to be a wing-off.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

Anxiously, Tara waves to her classmates from Red House. "Um...Hi?" Come on, hold it together. "I'm Tara and I hope--" A rogue spider dangles down from her bangs, unfortunately exotic and eyecatching. She smacks it down firmly against her neck, laughing nervously.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

Through a series of unfortunate turns and confusion on the exact location of the gym, Crystal arrives in the middle of the pack. She doesn't look winded at all, but then, why would she?

"Right, y'all, blue house," she agrees. "I'm Crystal," she says, watching the other house members keenly for any signs of snickering.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

Rickie shares her bacon with Cecilia as they move.

In the gym, the artist is all smiles as she greets the other house. "I'm Patricia. Call me Rickie."

Her attention drawn to the blue-eyed- really blue-eyed- girl, Rickie approaches and forms a pair of bunnies, one red, one yellow, that hop forward into her peripheral vision and look hopefully at the group of blue animals.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Bolting the last of her breakfast, Anna runs across the small campus and fights an urge to fly the rest of the way. It'd be faster, but she doesn't know what the rules are about flight, and even if one or two of them got there before the others, the House would lose points as a group. They might lose less points though... if the gym instructor wasn't the scary-as-heck Purple House mistress. Anna decides to keep running, looking back every so often to the girls behind her.

The gym is a lot bigger than she expected, and appointed more like an athletic club than any school gymnasium she's ever been in. There looks like there's more than enough weight machines and stuff to keep all of the Houses occupied at once, maybe looking forward to more Houses, or expecting girls who can duplicate themselves. The majority of her curiosity is focused on the area surrounding the climbing wall, with its three stories of open air. Maybe they'll let fliers practice there? It's a little cramped, but it'd be better than nothing.

The basketball court, or gym-gym, or whatever the technical term might be is occupied by what Anna presumes is Red House, but fortunately for whatever reason not the teacher. She hasn't got a really good look at any of the other girls at the school yet, and in the first moments of meeting some she has to struggle to drag her gaze away from the quiet, psychedelic gal. Smiling a bit as she sees Rickie and her paint pals try to make friends with the blue-eyed girl and her charges. Crossing mental fingers, Anna keeps checking out the other House with polite curiosity... until her gaze falls on Jean.

Her first feeling is one of inadequacy: Jean's wings are bigger, her plumage is a more neutral shade, she has proper hair without any feathers to get mixed up in a brush. Anna's next is a smile, because... because! Because this is the first person she's met who presumably knows what it's like to spread your wings and take to the air. Anna wiggles her stubby-clawed fingers cautiously and introduces herself.

"Hi. I'm Anna. Do you know what the rules are about flying around here?" she asks Jean, unconsciously puffing her plumage out.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"Nobody else was here when we got here." Jean shrugs at Sarah, which is overemphasised by her wings following the motion. "Umm, who is taking us? Professor Gloom didn't actually tell us."

The other girls from Red House notice the convivial conversation and look up at them. The psychedelic skin girl takes but a disinterested glance up at Blue House, then back down at the floor. Opposite to this the slightly hyper girl runs up to the blues, closing the distance faster than any of them could see. "Hi!" She blurts out. "You guys are Blue House! We're Red House! I'm Bo!" She introduces herself. "This is Jean!" She introduces her as well, not knowing that she had already said it. "And that's Gabrielle!" She points to the goth girl on the fire cloud. "That's Seren!" She points to the girl with the caramel skin. "That's Alice!" She points to the girl with blue eyes. "And that's Samantha!" She points to the psychedelic skin girl.

Bo also happens to notice the exotic spider that dangles down from Tara's bangs. "You turned into all those spiders! Ohmygodthatwassoawesomeeverybodywasscreamingan-" Bo's motormouth is only stopped by the timely intervention of Jean's wing bapping her in the face. "Calm down Bo."

Alice doesn't look up at Rickie as she approaches, but does seem to notice the red and yellow rabbits hopping towards her little assembly of frolicking animals. When the two paint rabbits get too close the little blue animals scatter in all different directions, disappearing when they got too far away from the blue eyed girl. But from behind her back emerges a rather large blue Indian elephant. The elephant gets close to Rickie's creations and rears up on hind legs, coming down and stomping both bunnies into paint blotches. "She's just like that." Gabrielle semi-excuses her housemate.

"I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to leave campus, but I don't know how high up counts as still being on campus." Jean tries to help Anna, also smiling at the other birdgirl. "I saw you at the welcoming thing, I was kinda hoping we'd end up in the same house or something. But it's nice just knowing that there's somebody else here who really knows what it's like with the whole bird and flying kinda thing, you know?" Her eyes drift towards Anna's back. "I'm so jealous of your wings."

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

Blurty and blurry, Bo grabs Anna's attention and drags it around the knot of other girls. They're Red House, right, that's what it said on the list! There's Bo, and there's Jean again, and Gabrielle on her forbiddingly billowing flame, and Seren with her tan(?) and luckily normal looks, and Alice with her tiny farm, and Samantha, who Anna only manages to look away from again when Jean swats Bo as she waxes even more enthusiastic. She flinches and winces, though it doesn't look like a very violent gesture. She looks back to Jean when the other girl begins to speak to her.

"That's what I was wondering about. I want to get exercise, but I don't want to make the teachers angry, you know?" Ms. Frost would be able to easily confirm she wasn't trying to escape, but rules are rules are definitely rules when you're in a gilded cage of a prison. Anna flickers a smile as she tilts her head back and forth in short, sharp motions.

Anna's smile returns, bright as her eyes. "I saw you too, but I almost got in late to the assembly, and then everyone--" ran screaming "--split up and went to their Houses, so I didn't get a chance to say hi." She tosses her head, a shrugging motion and suggests, "Maybe they were thinking 'birds of a feather' flocking together." That might have been nice, sure, maybe. She chuckles, then raises her eyebrows when Jean compliments her wings.

Black pinions lift and spread subtly as Anna feels a little rush of pride and disbelief. "Mine? Oh, no way! Yours are bigger, and they've got that cool, natural pattern. I'm just like, you know, monochrome."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"We should ask." Jeans nods in agreement. "I don't want to lose points or anything because of a flying accident. …they were joking about the ant-thing, right?"

"Ugh." She faux-groans at the pun. "Really? I thought that at least I was done with the bird jokes coming here." She smiles.

Jean points a talon at one of Anna's wings. "I wish I had only one colour. Black goes with everything." Her big wings ruffle slightly. "Brown and white don't go with much, plus can't wear anything with a back on it anymore. And their so big that they're always standing out, I can't really tuck them in or nothing. Yours are cute and small."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

While the fliers trade wing commentary and probably grooming tips, Crystal's wandered off towards the side of the court. There's a bin under the bleachers that she tugs on and finds a collection of sports balls - volley, basket, foot and soccer. Their presence inside and on a basketball court doesn't stop Crystal from reaching for the spheroid. She pops back around the bleachers with a football in her hand.

"What're you waiting around for, girls!" she calls, sounding actually, really excited for a change.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

There was no way that she was keeping up with the stream of names from the hyperactive girl. Jean? Bo? They came too thick and fast for her to actually take them in.

Still, there was one thing she could keep up with. Sarah raises her arms in the air, palms open and facing Crystal - the universal sign for "Pass it to me!"

"Hey," she shouts, "come on then!"

Athletics 10 if necessary to catch!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Crystal tosses a pretty good pass to half court, where Sarah makes a pretty good catch.

Alice and Samantha were off in their own little worlds, Gabrielle looks painfully disinterested, and Jean and Bo were still with the rest of the Blues. But Seren seemed into the idea. "I'm open!"

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

The artist leans down and "picks up" the orange-shaded splatter. Right, we're all criminals. Got to expect some antisocial tendencies. This ain't- well, it kind of is summer camp. There was always the one girl sneaking off to smoke random leaves.

"I'll just love-bomb her later." The bunnycake dissolves into a wafting cloud of hearts and sparkles (None of which are exactly pink), then coalesces back into a ball the size of a grape that Rickie leaves floating beside her head. Her attention shifts to... Gabrielle? The bouncy girl is basically Pinkie Pie, but Rickie's sure on about half the girls' names.

"Gabrielle, right? Gabe? Gabby? Bree? Ellie?" Rickie does some probing for acceptable nicknames. "Cool power. Like a rocket hosed a hovercraft."

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Gabrielle doesn't look terribly glad Rickie is trying out nicknames. "No. Gabrielle." She bluntly informs, folding her arms. "It's something to do with fire, but it isn't like normal fire." She kinda shrugs, the fire cloud dissipating into nothing allowing her to float down to the floor. "And you can make paint?" She looks at the tiny ball hovering besides Rickie's head.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

"Sort of. It's, uh, my sweat. Otherwise, yes, it does everything paint can do and more, but this bubble's going to be getting bigger by the time class is done. Speaking of which, join me in some stretches?" She raises her voice slightly, looking to the rest of the girls not playing ball.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

"Go long?" Sarah had never been a huge football fan, but that was what they said. Right?

Regardless, she hurled the ball as hard as she could at Seren. Which, compared with some of the girls there, probably wasn't that hard.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Anna

"I hope so! Threat of having to fight fruit flies for airspace is bad enough."

The pun could be worse. There could have been schemes hatched together.

Anna looks back at one wing, rather down and to the side as she lifts it forward. "I guess so. But if I want to wear anything over them, I have to buy in Nonexistent Varsity Boyfriend sizes and wear a trenchcoat over that," she says, turning to the side to show how feathers still poke down past her waist when her wings are folded in tightly, unless she hikes them up high. "I either get to be the Raven, or Hop-Frog."

Anna smiles though, turning back to Jean. "Okay, uh, if mine are 'cute' and 'small', then yours are 'proud' and 'majestic', which is why they're always standing out." She nods in complete agreement with herself. A chirp of a giggle accompanies an idea. "Ever tried to dye your feathers?"

The self-described raven looks over at the other girls tossing the ball. "We should probably join in, shouldn't we?" asks she, dubiously.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Crystal

A solid pass out to Sarah at half-court, Crystal puts a good spiral on the ball and starts moving right away after. "Think we can do this outside!?" she calls to the group. "Gonna takeout a light in here. Anna! You'd make a great flying back!"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Cecilia

Cecilia heads towards Rickie and the fire girl, awkwardly tugging at her oversized sweater. "I'll join in the stretching, never was good with basketball," she adds, watching the other girls move about the court.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tara

Tara goes pale as she's recognized, and another traitorous spider descends, spinning to face her. "Nnno--Yes. Yeah, that was me. SO! This sure is a nice gym, isn't it? Ms. Frost really must have broke the bank. I don't think I've seen one this good...well, in a while." Some time before she would have gone to Nationals, before her incident, her coach managed to get her time at an Olympic facility. It was amazing.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"Paint sweat?" Gabrielle repeats, taking a second for the less than usual ability to sink in. "So I guess we're going to see rainbow pit-stains, huh?" She chuckles. The invitation for stretches is met with resounding silence from everybody bar Cecilia. Gabrielle was clearly not the exercising type, and Alice and Samantha seemed to just want to be left alone. Bo and Jean were chatting with the other Blues who hadn't starting tossing the pigskin yet.

"Oh yeah!" Bo agrees, either taking a hint and changing subjects or just not being able to focus on the previous stuff. Could really be either. "I checked out one of the treadmills and it can go up so fast that even I run on it! I can't even go that fast outside and stuff sothat'sreallycool!"

"At least you got the option to. If I could trade off looking like a dork for hiding the wings sometimes I'd take it." Jean sighs. "I like my wings and all, don't get me wrong!" She quickly adds on in case she gave Anna the wrong impression. "But it's just like… everybody is looking at them all the time. Maybe not so much here, but back home?" Anna's comment seems to raise Jean's mood. "Heh. Thanks." She can't help but smile. "I didn't try to dye them, but one of friends tried to. Turned out mauve with pink spots. It didn't really help."

"Umm." Jean hesitates at Anna inviting her to join in. "I'm no good with catching." She holds up her hands, long and sharp talons where fingers should be. "It's really hard to not rip stuff up."

Sarah surprises herself, indeed going long. She might not have been able to throw it end to end, but her toss was enough to soar over the underestimating Seren's head. She runs backwards but finds it totally inadequate to catch up to the ball. It almost looks like the normal looking girl tripped over, but her falling to all fours was very deliberate. Seren's form melds into that of a big, black panther, and chases down the ball with ease. She gets ready to leap up and grab the ball…

…only for it to be plucked out of the air by Ms. Sanders, the super villain formerly known as Blunt Trauma. She looked imposing on the stage, but in person you can see she is a clear foot above the tallest of you and nothing but muscle. Though her costume is just as scant as it appeared at the assembly. The ball intercepted, Seren accidentally loses her footing and runs into the Amazon's legs. Coming off second best from that, she bounces back about five metres sliding along the ground.

Ms. Sanders looks down at Seren, who quickly changes back into normal girl mode and scampers to her feet. The House Mother then turn her look to the rest of the girls, the gym almost frozen in place the second she had made herself known. "Five points each for the enthusiasm." She directs to both houses, tossing the football in an effortless spiral that lands it back in the ball bin with a thud.

"Now," She walks towards the girls menacingly, through pure stature if it wasn't intentional. "Five laps around the gym. MOVE!" When she claps her hands at the girls, Cecilia is actually blown over onto her back by the shockwave.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rickie

Rickie nods to Cecilia and goes into a simple warmup routine, responding to Gabrielle at the same time.

"Yeah, it causes a lot of laundry, but I should complain, right? I think I saw a girl made of metal at the assembly, a little extra laundry is-"

And there's their teacher. The rule-through-fear type, if appearances (And Tabby's note) were anything to go by. The kind that would get a nickname from the kids. Of course, she already had one. Rickie's mind flashes over a few variants of "We've got Trauma in the morning."

She almost manages to catch Cecilia, but settles for helping the bookworm back to her feet. "You good? Come on, Bo's already passed us three times."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Sarah

...and the Gym teach was almost stereotypical. Definitely all brawn - although Sarah held her tongue over any quip about lack of brain. The woman looked like she could benchpress the entire building.

Instead, Sarah turned and resigned herself to five laps. It wasn't exactly an insurmountable ordeal. She was sure she'd run that far before, although she couldn't exactly pinpoint when. Jerking her head to Crystal and Seren, her fellow pro-footballers, in a come on fashion, she settles into a moderate pace.

Still, five points, just like that. Maybe this TV would be easier to get than expected.

Athletics 6

Staggy fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 26, 2012

• Locked thread