Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Gingmidget!
I have a 2004 Nomar Garciaparra who would be a huge upgrade to you. Unfortunately, he's my backup SS (and 3B) and I'm screwed if something happens to my starter. However, I only need a backup, not a full time replacement, so I'm happy to take from your hands young Chipper Jones who's cooling off in your minors, Dazzy Vance and Steve Bedroisian, both of whom aren't even on the roster.

You get a proven, versatile quantity, for the price of a bunch of pieces you will likely never use. It's effectively free for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

theacox posted:

This is a monster lineup, what with The Crime Dog leading off and in the 6 hole.
Hey, it takes more than one bite out of crime to finish it off.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
The Tigres are going to bow out of the Foxx/Schmidt trade.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
Team Name: St. Paul Bearers

Team Logo:

Teams Selected:
1971 Giants (4)
1979 Cardinals (2)
1934 White Sox (1)
1943 Cubs (1)
1986 Braves (1)
1991 Astros (1)

Home City: St. Paul, Minnesota (tempted to be cute and make it St. Paul's Island, but...)

Home Stadium: Percy Pringle Memorial Field (Candlestick Park)

DH Preference: No.

28-Man Roster:

C 79 Ted Simmons
UT 91 Craig Biggio
1B 71 Willie McCovey
1B 91 Jeff Bagwell
UT 43 Phil Cavaretta
2B 43 Eddie Stankey
SS 34 Luke Appling
3B 43 Stan Hack
IF 79 Ken Oberkfell
LF 34 Al Simmons
CF 71 Willie Mays
CF 86 Dale Murphy
RF 43 Bill Nicholson
RF 71 Bobby Bonds

SP 71 Juan Marichal
SP 71 Gaylord Perry
SP 34 Ted Lyons
SP 86 Doyle Alexander
SP 43 Claude Passeau

Bullpen:
CL 86 Bruce Sutter
SU 86 Gene Garber
SR 71 Steve Hamilton
SR 86 Duane Ward
MR 86 Paul Assenmacher
LR 43 Lon Warneke

AAA 43 Paul Derringer
AAA 91 Curt Schilling
AAA 91 Kenny Lofton

Lineups:
SS Luke Appling
1B Willie McCovey
LF Al Simmons
RF Bill Nicholson/Bobby Bonds
CF Willie Mays
C Ted Simmons
3B Stan Hack
2B Eddie Stankey

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

gently caress. Me.

Hit and Run: -3
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: -1
Stealing Bases: -1
Aggressively Tagging Up: -1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: -1
Making Cutoff Throws: -1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw through trouble: +1
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Pending Auction Bids:
LF 79 Lou Brock for 1912 Heinie Groh (would replace, uh, probably Oberkfell, maybe Paul Derringer in the minors)
COF 86 Ken Griffey Sr for 2011 Joaquin Benoit (would replace Duane Ward)

Just missed:
C 71 Dick Dietz
1B 79 Keith Hernandez
4OF 79 George Hendrick
4OF 43 Andy Pafko
IF 86 Ken Oberkfell

We're going to have to give Willie Mays frequent days off - short of benching him every other week or something, I'm open to suggestions.

If the other owners agree, I'd like to offer '79 Keith Hernandez to NotThatSamBeckett, who expressed interest, for, I guess, '86 John Smiley and the Postmodernist second-round Super-Draft (not dispersal) pick? I don't think we need to carry four or five guys who can play first base. He also asked for Biggio, so I would also put forward Hernandez and Biggio for their third round dispersal pick. 71 Dick Dietz would be fine as our backup, and we're in a numbers crunch, to be honest.

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009
Finally, a new thread so I don't have to read 7300 posts to get caught up. Like what you've done with the setup, Smasher.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Viscount Slim posted:

If the other owners agree, I'd like to offer '79 Keith Hernandez to NotThatSamBeckett, who expressed interest, for, I guess, '86 John Smiley and the Postmodernist second-round Super-Draft (not dispersal) pick? I don't think we need to carry four or five guys who can play first base. He also asked for Biggio, so I would also put forward Hernandez and Biggio for their third round dispersal pick. 71 Dick Dietz would be fine as our backup, and we're in a numbers crunch, to be honest.
That's fine, I consent to the trade offer as it stands.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

kw0134 posted:

Gingmidget!
I have a 2004 Nomar Garciaparra who would be a huge upgrade to you. Unfortunately, he's my backup SS (and 3B) and I'm screwed if something happens to my starter. However, I only need a backup, not a full time replacement, so I'm happy to take from your hands young Chipper Jones who's cooling off in your minors, Dazzy Vance and Steve Bedroisian, both of whom aren't even on the roster.

You get a proven, versatile quantity, for the price of a bunch of pieces you will likely never use. It's effectively free for you!

Listening to Marauder will probably screw me over at some point, but I'm willing to go with his "'04 Nomar can't play short" thesis. Rejected.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

quote:

I am offering for trade a number of good bullpen arms not shown on my roster, such as; from the World Champion Giants, Marv Grissom (1954 OPS+ 174/career 116) and Al Worthington (119/110); as well as '78 Dave LaRoche, as seen on the Skyhawks (129/106); and '89 Roger "Roddy" McDowell (177/115).

For obvious reasons, I would welcome Don Slaught from South Bolton on my team.

I am keen - I have my trade bait listed on my roster on the first page. On my phone so will update later

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
All Owners!
As some of you may be aware, the Super League was built on the back of an existing LP of BM, based around the Cubs (of which Smasher is a long-suffering fan). "What does this have to do with me?", you may ask? Simple, dear friend, there exists a motley crew, a band of five players known simply as "The Legacy". I, ForeverBWFC, have taken it upon myself to re-assemble this band of brothers, but I need your help to do it.

The Legacy
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Grace (1B)
Kazuhiro Sasaki (RP)
Jack McDowell (SP)
Mark Bellhorn (IF)

As you can see, I am 2/5 of the way to completing my task. If you can help me, fellow owners, to fulfil my destiny, I will see to it that you are richly rewarded. My team is the Eazy W's, and I am open to trade offers (and even willing to pay above the odds to achieve my goal).

Help the SL come full circle, help the Legacy to be rebuilt.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Rated R Superstars have approved a logo change!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

^^^^ Approved

ForeverBWFC posted:

All Owners!
The Legacy
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Grace (1B)
Kazuhiro Sasaki (RP)
Jack McDowell (SP)
Mark Bellhorn (IF)

I have mark grace. What are you willing to pay?

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 8, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I have mark grace. What are you willing to pay?

You want a leftie reliever? I have Dave Righetti just moved to the minors. He was my closer for 5 seasons, when I reached the play-offs in four of them.

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I am keen - I have my trade bait listed on my roster on the first page. On my phone so will update later

I'd roll the dice on Lon Warneke for any of those listed but LaRoche.

Ordius posted:

I'm interested in LaRoche. The availability of Evans and Votto are currently tied up in an auction bid, but I still have Rice available.

Fine with LaRoche for Evans.

ForeverBWFC posted:

The Legacy
Darren Daulton (C)

Help the SL come full circle, help the Legacy to be rebuilt.

Daulton for Slaught?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

Daulton for Slaught?

Deal.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The W's-Gumshoes trade is approved.

BWFC Now has 3 of the 5 Parts of The Legacy

Two Pieces Remain:
-Mark Grace
-Jack McDowell

McDowell is the hard one, of course. Now, if someone had taken the '95 Yankees as a feeder team, you could have nicked him from them. As it stands, the only guy you'll be able to get it from is ToiletofSadness

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

Daulton for Slaught?

Also note in the future, that his full title is "Detective Don Slaught, P.I.".

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

ForeverBWFC posted:

Also note in the future, that his full title is "Detective Don Slaught, P.I.".

We don't stand on ceremony here on the Mean Streets of Frisco. A Gumshoe is a gumshoe, a man who walks down those streets who is not himself mean, etc etc

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Hi there, owners. I'm looking for a good 2B, preferably a righty. In return, I have pitchers, starting but particularly relief, and a few odds and ends knocking about you may be interested in but which I do not have the knowledge to recognise. Tempt, tempt.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ry'Leh Cultists Offer: Mark Grace

Eazy W's Offer: Dave Righetti

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

ForeverBWFC posted:

Ry'Leh Cultists Offer: Mark Grace (2003)

Eazy W's Offer: Dave Righetti (1985)

The Cultists Approve this deal and submit it to the League Commissar (sic). My bullpen is starting to show signs of competence!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Cultists-Eazy W's trade is approved.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Archie Goodwin posted:

Fine with LaRoche for Evans.

Okay, let's trade.

The Splinter Cells jettison the services of Mr. Dwight Evans and approve the contract buyout of Mr. LaRoche.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

'85 Jack Clark (just 29 years old, career OPS+ 137)

'19 Ray Schalk (unused, Rated R Superstars)

NotThatSamBeckett You need our guy for your bid to one up the Doppels, we can use your guy, let's get this done before opening day?

rear end you sold him. How about '02 Charlie Hickman and something as a sweetener?

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 8, 2012

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012

Ordius posted:

The Splinter Cells jettison the services of Mr. Dwight Evans and approve the contract buyout of Mr. LaRoche.

Agreed!

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

NotThatSamBeckett You need our guy for your bid to one up the Doppels, we can use your guy, let's get this done before opening day?

rear end you sold him. How about '02 Charlie Hickman and something as a sweetener?

Hickman and Dave Kingman to hit dingers for you off your bench?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Journal of Don Slaught, P.I. posted:

It was a hell of day, that's for sure, woke in South Bolton to a knocking at my door, and who should I see at my door but Darren Daulton, my old nemesis, ranting about metaphysics and the new age of enlightenment. My hangover's killing me, so I slug him one in the face. Felt good.

Standing over his prone body, I notice that he's got a telegram in his hand, and then my stomach turns, and this time, it's not from last night's Crown Royal. Something's up. How did Daulton get here, anyway. Last I heard, he had washed out of the Super-League entirely. It doesn't add up. Then I remember, it's expansion season.

I take the telegram and my worst fears are realized. It's a letter from BWFC, and I've just been traded to San Francisco.

The last time I went there the old boss said he'd kill me if I ever set foot in his town again. Can't say I blame him after the Petralli case ended so...abruptly. But I'm not on the force anymore, and a P.I.'s got to go where the work is.

God help me, I'm going to San Francisco.

P.S. And so is Dwight Evans because the Splinters-Gumshoes trade is approved.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

Hickman and Dave Kingman to hit dingers for you off your bench?

I have to get the owners group approval, but the brief was Clark or Hickman + a bonus, so I guess this will probably be OK. The below is conditional on two other owners finding the post, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

:frogsiren: Trade offer pending approval from Rated R Superstars Owners

Postmodernists get '19 Ray Schalk (unused, Rated R Superstars)

Rated R Superstars get '02 Charlie Hickman and '81 Dave Kingman

As one of the owners I approve this trade.

:frogsiren: Trade offer

Fukoka Finger Bangers get 2003 Curt Schilling

Ryleh Cultists get 2002 Curt Schilling and '95 Steve Avery

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 8, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

As 20% owner, I approve.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Fukuoka Finger Bangers get 2003 Curt Schilling

I approve this trade.

What wound did not heal by degrees, Curt? This one.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I have to get the owners group approval, but the brief was Clark or Hickman + a bonus, so I guess this will probably be OK. The below is conditional on two other owners finding the post, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

:frogsiren: Trade offer

Fukoka Finger Bangers get 2003 Curt Schilling

As 20% owner, I approve this trade.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

gingemidget posted:

Listening to Marauder will probably screw me over at some point, but I'm willing to go with his "'04 Nomar can't play short" thesis. Rejected.

no probably, it's a guarantee

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

First I saw of this, but it is something that I approve.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Rated R Superstars have elected to add some ivy or neck braces or something to the center field wall at The Spear, thereby changing visibility from good to fair.

As 20% owner, I approve of this decision.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Approved by 20% owner

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Goog posted:

The Rated R Superstars have elected to add some ivy or neck braces or something to the center field wall at The Spear, thereby changing visibility from good to fair.

As 20% owner, I approve of this decision.

As 20% owner of the Superstars, I approve this decision.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Superstars have been busy; they've also approved a trade!

Great Googly Mooglies get: 2009 Ted Lilly, 2006 Brandon League

Rated R Superstars get: 1934 Odell Hale, 2009 Jhonny Peralta

Seeing as I am owner of the Mooglies, I did not vote on this for the Superstars. It passed with approval from Bomber, Senerio and Cthulhu Dreams.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Goog posted:

Seeing as I am owner of the Mooglies, I did not vote on this for the Superstars. It passed with approval from Bomber, Senerio and Cthulhu Dreams.

^ Yeah this was approved.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I can confirm that we have indeed approved that trade.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Goog posted:

Confirming that the Superstars approved this trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The Superstars-Postmodernists trade is approved.

The Legally Binding Expansion Cup VI Preview

As always, good is relative in the Super-League, so the best way to preview these teams is to stack them against each other and see which wins out. So, let's get to it!

Taggart League

Skyhawks Memorial Division

Barrow Daydreamers (BAR) (gingemidget)
Hakata Runnin' Ramen (HAK) (thened)
Lombard Street Gumshoes (LOM) (Archie Goodwin)
Poughkeepsie Superbas (POU) (nerokerubina)
Ted Sox (TED) (Moose)

Catcher
1. '93 Ivan Rodriguez (TED)
2. '11 Mike Napoli (POU)
3. '78 Brian Downing (LOM)
4. '82 Ted Simmons (HAK)
5. '79 Jim Sundberg (BAR)

Five good, but imperfect catchers. I-Rod is a great defender and can hit for contact, but has no patience, which is going to drive you crazy. Mike Napoli is going to hit a ton of home runs, but I'm not sure if he brings much of anything else. Brian Downing's throwing arm was already kind of ropey in '78, but he was a good hitter. Ted Simmons probably shouldn't have been a catcher by '82, though he could still hit. Jim Sundberg is a great defender, but he'll be lucky to hit the Mendoza line in the Super-League.

First Baseman
1. '01 Frank Thomas (BAR)
2. '89 John Kruk/'54 Monte Irvin (LOM)
3. '93 Rafael Palmeiro (TED)
4. '93 Andres Galarraga (HAK)
5. '71 Don Mincher (POU)

Big Hurt is clearly the class of the division here, and an easy Hall of Famer. Kruk was actually a really good hitter, and he has a hall of fame platoon partner, and that just edges them over Palmeiro. It's not that I don't like Palmeiro, it's just that, given the era and the drugs, it's kind of hard for me to say he was ever truly great. Very good, sure, but great? I don't know. He might be better than the Kruk/Irvin combo, it's a close call. Galarraga's career found new life in the thin air of Colorado, but I'm assuming that Hakata isn't a mile above sea level, and that's going to dampen his numbers by a bit. Don Mincher is old and only hit 12 home runs in 1971, which is rather alarming.

Second Baseman
1. '78 Bobby Grich (LOM)
2. '93 Julio Franco (TED)
3. '01 Ray Durham (BAR)
4. '11 Ian Kinsler (POU)
5. '11 Kelly Johnson (HAK)

Grich goes first because he can both hit and field, unlike Franco, who was never really much of a fielder, even back when he was relatively young. Of course, he was a good enough hitter to keep playing into his late-40s. Ray Durham isn't going to be a star, but he'll probably be solid enough, if not much more than that. Ian Kinsler is high-risk, high-reward. He might be great, might be a disaster. Kelly Johnson is going to need to be replaced.

Third Baseman
1. '18 Home Run Baker (BAR)
2. '48 Bob Elliott (TED)
3. '11 Adrian Beltre (POU)
4. '79 Bob Horner (HAK)
5. '89 Mike Schmidt (LOM)

Baker won't actually hit all that many home runs, but he'll hit for average, have a lot of doubles, and be a good fielder, and you can live with that. Bob Elliott has always been at least decent in the Super-League, and I expect Mr. Team's streak to continue in that regard. As for Beltre, well, at least he's a great fielder. Bob Horner is a mystery to me, but I think he might be okay. '89 Mike Schmidt is a tragedy waiting to happen, because, in real life Mike Schmidt sucked so hard that season that he just decided to quit in the middle of it, which is not a great sign.

Shortstop
1. '82 Robin Yount (HAK)
2. '95 Barry Larkin (LOM)
3. '17 Ray Chapman (TED)
4. '70 Luis Aparicio/'71 Bert Campaneris (POU)
5. '18 Roger Peckinpaugh/'93 Jeff Blauser (BAR)

Yount and Larkin both won the MVP in their respective years, but I'll go with the more durable Yount here, though both should be good. Ray Chapman isn't going to hit for power, at all, but he'll do well on everything else as long as you make sure he wears a batting helmet. I'm not sure whether the Superbas are going to start Aparicio or Campaneris, but neither can hit anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Campy is a lot younger, though. The Peckingpaugh/Blauser platoon is bad. And it's going to end badly. And then you're going to take a shortstop in the dispersal draft, and that should be good.

Left Fielder
1. '94 Moises Alou (HAK)
2. '93 David Justice/'79 Oscar Gamble (BAR)
3. '93 Juan Gonzalez (TED)
4. '71 Rick Monday/'11 Nelson Cruz (POU)
5. '95 Ron Gant (LOM)

Alou hit so well in '94 that I can't deny him the top spot here. I like the idea of the Justice/Gamble platoon, although a lot of that might be because it sounds like the title of a buddy-cop movie. Juan Gone will hit home runs. He won't do anything else, but he'll hit home runs. I don't think Monday/Cruz is going to work, but I'm sure that Ron Gant isn't.

Center Fielder
1. '54 Willie Mays (LOM)
2. '17 Tris Speaker (TED)
3. '11 Josh Hamilton (POU)
4. '82 Paul Molitor (HAK)
5. '79 Al Oliver (BAR)

Mays is probably the best center fielder of all-time, so that ends that discussion. That said, Tris "The Gray Eagle" Speaker was plenty fine himself. Josh Hamilton will be fine as long as he doesn't get injured or is disobedient to God. Paul Molitor is not a center fielder. Let me repeat that for emphasis. Paul Molitor is not a center fielder. Okay? Al Oliver won't kill you, probably.

Right Fielder
1. '71 Reggie Jackson (POU)
2. '94 Larry Walker (HAK)
3. '79 Oscar Gamble/'01 Maggilio Ordonez (BAR)
4. '04 Johnny Damon (TED)
5. '95 Reggie Sanders (LOM)

Reggie Jackson is a great power hitter, and he's due for a good Super-League performance. Larry Walker is an odd case, but the Mogul engine seems to think he's a great hitter, so he'll do. The Gamble/Ordonez platoon will be interesting. I don't know if it will be good, but it will be interesting. Anyone who thinks that Damon has a strong enough arm to play right is out of their minds. Reggie Sanders was filler in real life, and he's a little worse here.

Starting Pitcher 1
1. '78 Nolan Ryan (LOM)
2. '93 Greg Maddux (BAR)
3. '48 Warren Spahn (TED)
4. '94 Pedro Martinez (HAK)
5. '71 Vida Blue (POU)

Ryan and Maddux are going to kick rear end, but '70s Ryan has just been dominant in the Super-League, so he gets the slight edge. Warren Spahn has had his ups and downs, but I think he'll be decent as long as you don't put him in a bandbox. '94 Pedro helped last year's Sonics win 104 games...and has completely sucked this year. That's a level of uncertainty that is hard to abide. Vida Blue isn't bad, but he's not really a Super-League Ace.

Starting Pitcher 2
1. '71 Catfish Hunter (POU)
2. '93 John Smoltz (BAR)
3. '78 Frank Tanana (LOM)
4. '82 Don Sutton (HAK)
5. '17 Stan Coveleski (TED)

Hunter should be okay, and has the least question marks here. Smoltz has usually been good, but doesn't have a great track record as a starter, though he has had his moments. Frank Tanana did do good work for the Skyhawks, but that was with a good defense behind him and in a pitcher's park. Don Sutton is a bit old in '82, but should still be okay. Coveleski should be fine.

Starting Pitcher 3
1. '93 Tom Glavine (BAR)
2. '48 Johnny Sain (TED)
3. '71 Tommy John (POU)
4. '54 Sal Maglie (LOM)
5. '11 Ian Kennedy (HAK)

Glavine has been up and down in the Super-League. Put him in a big park or be prepared for problems. Johnny Sain was good for the Switchblades in Super-League I and II, but that was a while ago. Still, I don't think things have changed that much. Tommy John is a soft-throwing lefty, and that carries certain risks. Sal Maglie is going to have to bean a lot of hitters to survive in the Super-League. Ian Kennedy is probably a nice guy in real life, and that's all I care to say about him.

Starting Pitcher 4
1. '79 Ferguson Jenkins (BAR)
2. '93 Kevin Brown (TED)
3. '79 Phil Niekro (HAK)
4. '71 Wilbur Wood (POU)
5. '54 Johnny Antonelli (LOM)

Jenkins kind of wins by default, though Brown is close. Then again, in '93, Kevin Brown wasn't quite Kevin Brown yet. Niekro and Wood are knuckleballers. In the right conditions, they'll be fine, but you can't control conditions on the road. Johnny Antonelli is something.

Closer
1. '54 Hoyt Wilhelm (LOM)
2. '71 Rollie Fingers (POU)
3. '94 John Wetteland (HAK)
4. '93 Tom Henke (TED)
5. '93 Mike Stanton (BAR)

All fine, and given the vagaries of reliever performance, it's hard to say who is actually going to be better.

Intangibles
1. Heart of a Sparrow (BAR)
2. Pulp Baseball (LOM)
3. Get on the Trolley! (POU)
4. Power of Dynasty (TED)
5. The Female/Male Ratio (HAK)

Imaginos Division

Antarctic Unspecifieds (CUN) (blackmongoose)
Philadelphia Longsots (PHL) (Doop)
Polyarny Postmodernists (PAR) (NotthatSamBeckett)
Second City Saints (SXE) (Senerio)
St. Paul Bearers (STP) (Koop/Bruzer/CVE/BWFC/Viscount Slim/kw0134)

Catcher
1. '34 Gabby Hartnett (CUN)
2. '79 Ted Simmons (STP)
3. '05 Mike Piazza (SXE)
4. '85 Darrell Porter (PAR)
5. '50 Andy Seminick (PHL)

Hartnett is the better fielder than Simmons, so I'll give him the nod, even if he has been inconsistent in the Super-League. Mike Piazza is third because he was never a good fielder even in his youth, and '05 was a long time past that. Darrell Porter was declining in '85, probably because of being an old catcher and/or quitting cocaine, which is, after all, a hell of a drug. Andy Seminick is just there.

First Baseman
1. '71 Willie McCovey (STP)
2. '03 Todd Helton/'60 Joe Adcock (SXE)
3. '65 Don Mincher (CUN)
4. '67 George Scott (PHL)
5. '02 Jake Beckley (PAR)

McCovey was one of the great power hitters of his era, and has usually been at least decent in the limited action he's seen in the Super-League. Helton is underrated, especially if he's got Adcock to handle righties. Don Mincher should be alright, even if he probably tops out as average in the Super-League. George Scott is about as good as Mincher. Jake Beckley must be some sort of cruel joke that SamBeckett is playing on me.

Second Baseman
1. '18 Rogers Hornsby (CUN)
2. '02 Nap Lajoie (PAR)
3. '02 Mark Ellis (PHL)
4. '43 Eddie Stanky (STP)
5. '03 Mark Bellhorn/'92 Willie Randolph (SXE)

Hornsby is just a loving great hitter, even if he never was much of fielder. But, again, great loving hitter. Lajoie was also a great loving hitter, but didn't have as much power as Hornsby, though e was a better fielder. Mark Ellis is filler. Eddie Stanky is too young, I think, to be of much use. Bellhorn is fun and all, but I'm not sure I really trust him as a starter. Then again, I'm sure I don't trust ancient Willie Randolph to handle a middle infield spot.

Third Baseman
1. '60 Eddie Mathews/'05 David Wright (SXE)
2. '43 Stan Hack (STP)
3. '34 Pie Traynor (CUN)
4. '02 Eric Chavez (PHL)
5. '02 Joe Kelley (PAR)

Leave it to Senerio to take the two best third baseman in his division and then platoon them. Bill James once wrote a bit comparing Stan Hack and Pie Traynor, and concluded that Hack was better. Who am I to disagree? Eric Chavez is problematic in the Super-League for reasons that will soon become painfully clear. Joe Kelley is another one of SamBeckett's horrible, horrible jokes. drat you, SamBeckett!

Shortstop
1. '34 Luke Appling (STP)
2. '85 Ozzie Smith (PAR)
3. '05 Jose Reyes/'03 Orlando Cabrera (SXE)
4. '02 Miguel Tejada (PHL)
5. '70 Jim Fregosi (CUN)

Luke Appling could actually hit and field and was a Hall of Famer, so that's that. Ozzie Smith is the most valuable fielder of all time. That's gotta count for something. Reyes and Cabrera are hard to predict, but I'm skeptical that either will hit will. Tejada has been streaky in the Super-League. By which I mean 'bad'. Jim Fregosi was about to fall off of a cliff in 1970, and that's kind of ominous.

Left Fielder
1. '67 Carl Yastrzemski (PHL)
2. '34 Al Simmons (STP)
3. '03 Cliff Floyd/'60 Hank Aaron (SXE)
4. '02 Sam Crawford (PAR)
5. '65 Bob Allison (CUN)

Yaz in '67? Fantastic! Simmons in '34? Still pretty good! Floyd and Aaron in...wait, Floyd is taking most of the starts? What the gently caress are you doing, Senerio? Crawford? Well, good contact hitting at least. Allison? Classic Super-League filler!

Center Fielder
1. '71 Willie Mays (STP)
2. '50 Richie Ashburn (PHL)
3. '05 Carlos Beltran (SXE)
4. '34 Paul Waner (CUN)
5. '01 Billy Hamilton (PAR)

Old Mays is still pretty good. Ashburn had the misfortune of playing in the same era as Snider, Mays and Mantle, but was probably the best leadoff hitter of his time. Carlos Beltran is good, if perhaps not as durable as one would like. Paul Waner is not really a center fielder, but is a quality hitter. Billy Hamilton is old '01, and that's kind of a problem for a guy whose game was premised on speed.

Right Fielder
1. '03 Vladimir Guerrero (SXE)
2. '65 Tony Oliva (CUN)
3. '67 Tony Conigliaro (PHL)
4. '02 Elmer Flick (PAR)
5. '43 Bill Nicholson/'71 Bobby Bonds (STP)

Man, remember when Guerrero could just flat out hit? Those were good times. Oliva was actually a similar player to Guerrero, if not quite the athlete, though he was the better fielder. Tony C. had a great start to his career and then, you know, the unpleasantness. I'm not sure how Mogul will handle that. Flick is a Hall of Famer most of you have never heard of. Nicholson/Bonds will have its moments, but I'd want a stronger platoon partner than Nicholson.

Starting Pitcher 1
1. '50 Robin Roberts (PHL)
2. '71 Juan Marichal (STP)
3. '05 Pedro Martinez (SXE)
4. '02 Noodles Hahn (PAR)
5. '65 Camilo Pascual (CUN)

Robin Roberts was the best pitcher in the universe in the early '50s. Juan Marichal was a bit over the hill in '71, but should still be useful. Martinez was also over the hill in '05, but should still be useful, if just a bit less so. Noodles the Pitcher reminds me of Pickles the Drummer. Pascual isn't really the Unspecifieds' ace, he's just tanking for a better pick.

Starting Pitcher 2
1. '02 Addie Joss (PAR)
2. '71 Gaylord Perry (STP)
3. '60 Warren Spahn (SXE)
4. '67 Jim Lonborg (PHL)
5. '18 Red Ames (CUN)

Joss has always been money in the Super-League, and you all like money, don't you? Perry has been a bit mercurial in the Super-League, but at least someone finally got him in his prime. Old Spahn was still okay, but a slow-throwing lefty is always a risk. Lonborg is okay. Just okay. Red Ames is tankmeister #2.

Starting Pitcher 3
1. '34 Ted Lyons (STP)
2. '02 Vic Willis (PAR)
3. '50 Curt Simmons (PHL)
4. '97 Brad Radke (CUN)
5. '60 Lew Burdette (SXE)

Ted Lyons has a knuckleball, but it's a weak group, so he wins. Vic Willis is a deadballer as yet untested in the Super-League. Curt Simmons should be interesting, though he's probably just filler. Radke looks like a disaster waiting to happen, in fact, I'm pretty sure mongoose's tanking strategy depends on it. Old Lew Burdette is a pitcher with a 75 mph fastball. Let's see how far that gets him.

Starting Pitcher 4
1. '85 John Tudor (PAR)
2. '02 Barry Zito (PHL)
3. '86 Doyle Alexander (STP)
4. '65 Mudcat Grant (CUN)
5. '60 Juan Pizarro (SXE)

John Tudor was pretty good, if more than a little injury prone. Still, I like that better than the hopelessness of Zito, the old-itude of Alexander, the tankishness of Grant, and the Conquistadorian nature of Pizarro.

Closer
1. '92 John Franco (SXE)
2. '50 Jim Konstanty (PHL)
3. '81 Jeff Reardon (PAR)
4. '86 Bruce Sutter (STP)
5. '97 Rick Aguilera (CUN)

Franco was good and in the prime of his career, which puts him ahead of everyone else. That said, Konstanty did win the MVP in '50, and I suppose that should count for something. Reardon is a bit young, Sutter is a bit old, and Aguilera was also a bit old.

Intangibles
1. The Meanest City in America (PHL)
2. Blood in the Boardroom (STP)
3. Unspecified (CUN)
4 .The Postmodern Plan (PAR)
5. Meh (SXE)

McQueen League

Doppels Memorial Division

Madison Mudholes (MAD) (theacox)
Norfolk Splinter Cells (NFK) (Ordius)
Portland Bulldogs (POR) (Outrunner)
Rated R Superstars (RRS) (The Goog/Senerio/TKBomber/Cthulhu Dreams/Pungry)
Ry'Leh Cultists (RYL) (Cthulhu Dreams)

Catcher
1. '30 Gabby Hartnett (RYL)
2. '41 Ernie Lombardi (POR)
3. '09 Yadier Molina (RRS)
4. '43 Walker Cooper (MAD)
5. '07 Dave Ross (NFK)

Hartnett is the best mix of hitting and fielding, even if he is inconsistent. Lombardi couldn't really field at catcher, though he can hit. Molina is a fine fielder, but not really much of a hitter. Walker Cooper has always been okay in the Super-League. Dave Russ probably shouldn't be your only catcher.

First Baseman
1. '09 Albert Pujols (RRS)
2. '35 Jimmie Foxx (RYL)
3. '11 Prince Fielder (MAD)
4. '78 Willie Stargell (POR)
5. '03 John Olerud (NFK)

Pujols beats Foxx by virtue of being a better fielder. Both are great hitters though, and you probably shouldn't trade either of them. So stop talking about trading them. Prince Fielder is also a great hitter, but a disaster of a fielder if we're being honest. Stargell did win the MVP in '79, but probably didn't deserve it, and was winding down his career in '78. John Olerud was also getting up there in years by '03.

Second Baseman
1. '19 Eddie Collins (RRS)
2. '31 Charlie Gehringer (POR)
3. '30 Rogers Hornsby (RYL)
4. '03 Bret Boone (NFK)
5. '12 Neil Walker (MAD)

Collins may be the best second baseman ever, so he'll pretty easily win here. Gehringer was the best second baseman of the '30s, and an easy Hall of Famer. '30 Hornsby was aging, and not particularly well, though he should still be decent at bat. Boone was also aging badly, and was nowhere near as good as Hornsby to begin with. How good is Walker? I'm not sure yet, and I'm pretty sure that Walker doesn't have a clear answer either.

Third Baseman
1. '86 Wade Boggs (NFK)
2. '85 Paul Molitor (POR)
3. '06 Troy Glaus (RRS)
4. '43 Whitey Kurowski (MAD)
5. '35 Pinky Higgins (RYL)

Molly was a great contact hitter, but Boggs was just a little bit better. Maybe a lot better. Fun fact, that Molitor originally came from the Finger-Bangers a long, long time ago. Glaus can hit home runs, which is nice, but not field, which is not. Kurowski is probably solid, but not much more. Higgins, yeah, okay, he needs to be replaced.

Shortstop
1. '58 Ernie Banks (RYL)
2. '84 Alan Trammell (POR)
3. '03 Carlos Guillen (NFK)
4. '96 Edgar Renteria (MAD)
5. '09 Brendan Ryan (RRS)

A legit shortstop with elite power? You'd better believe that Banks is the best here. Trammell is pretty good himself, even if that hasn't quite gotten him into the Hall of Fame yet. Guillen is okay, I guess. He did alright for the Googles back in Super-League III, and shouldn't do about the same for you. Renteria in '96 was very, very young. You have been warned. Brendan Ryan? Really? Let's just move on before I say something I'll regret.

Left Fielder
1. '11 Ryan Braun (MAD)
2. '09 Matt Holliday (RRS)
3. '03 Ichiro Suzuki (NFK)
4. '84 Kirk Gibson (POR)
5. '30 Riggs Stephenson (RYL)

Steroids and due process combined to give Braun an MVP award in '11, and Mogul doesn't lower players' stats for PED abuse. Holliday is also good and, unlike Suzuki, can actually draw walks and hit for power. Suzuki isn't really a left fielder. Gibson is consistently okay, just like in real life. Riggs Stephenson looks a lot more impressive until you remember the runs context he was playing in, and then you realize that he was only a bit above average.

Center Fielder
1. '11 Tris Speaker (RYL)
2 .'12 Andrew McCutchen (MAD)
3. '07 Josh Hamilton (NFK)
4 .'84 Chet Lemon (POR)
5. '06 Vernon Wells (RRS)

Speaker is one of the best players of all-time. Okay? Okay. McCutchen is having a great year, and I have the feeling that you'll be challenging his rating very, very quickly. Josh Hamilton has serious durability issues, and some other issues. Like with chewing tobacco apparently. Chet Lemon has been pretty good in the Super-League. Vernon Wells? No.

Right Fielder
1. '10 Ty Cobb (NFK)
2. '43 Stan Musial (MAD)
3. '78 Dave Parker (POR)
4. '19 Joe Jackson (RRS)
5. '30 Kiki Cuyler (RYL)

Cobb vs. Musial. Hard to say who's better here. Two all-time greats, but I guess the consensus is Cobb is a bit better, so I won't fight that. I like Parker better than Jackson for a couple of reasons. First, Parker can hit home runs, and Jackson probably can't. Now, you could argue that had Jackson not been banned, he would have learned to hit home runs in the liveball era, and you might be right, but that's just too speculative. Jackson also isn't really going to be capable of fielding right, I think. I still like him better than Cuyler, though, who has been the ruin of many a team.

Designated Hitter
1. '96 Mark McGwire (POR)
2. '96 Gary Sheffield (MAD)
3. '30 Hack Wilson (RYL)
4. '07 Ken Griffey, Jr. (NFK)
5. '09 Troy Glaus (RRS)

McGwire in '96 just entered the phase of his career where he found the perfect mix of PEDs to allow him to shatter home run records. Sheffield was also good, but, I mean, I didn't see him ever breaking any home run records. Wilson had a short peak, and I think that's going to affect Mogul's rating of him. Griffey loses a lot of value as a DH, and just isn't the same hitter as the three guys ahead of him. Troy Glaus is not going to kill you at least.

Starting Pitcher 1
1. '86 Roger Clemens (NFK)
2 .'78 Bert Blyleven (POR)
3. '03 Randy Johnson (RYL)
4. '19 Eddie Cicotte (RRS)
5. '43 Howie Pollet (MAD)

Clemens has usually been solid with the exception of an adventure in Super-League I. Blyleven has done a lot of great work himself, and I can't remember him ever having a disastrous season, which puts him ahead of a lot of guys. I'd put Randy Johnson higher, except Mogul hates old pitchers with a passion and seems hellbent on punishing anyone who would rely on them. Eddie Cicotte has a knuckleball and that's always an adventure. Howie Pollet has been used in the Super-League before, and it did not go well.

Starting Pitcher 2
1. '02 Curt Schilling (RYL)
2. '84 Jack Morris (POR)
3. '96 Kevin Brown (MAD)
4. '09 Chris Carpenter (RRS)
5. '10 Ed Summers (NFK)

Schill should be fine. Great? Probably not. But definitely fine. Morris will at least eat innings, and should do a bit more than that, if not exactly be an all-star. Brown is a ground-ball pitcher, and that usually works out will, unless he's got a bad defense behind him. Carpenter's real-life career seems about over, for which I am grateful, but he's a viable Super-League pitcher. Ed Summers is a question mark.

Starting Pitcher 3
1. '09 Adam Wainwright (RRS)
2. '11 Joe Wood (RYL)
3. '31 George Uhle (POR)
4. '10 Wild Bill Donovan (NFK)
5. '43 Max Lanier (MAD)

In Super-League I, Wainwright was the best pitcher in his league. That was a long time ago, but he deserves another chance. Wood has also usually been good, although he does have some injury concerns. Uhle and Donovan are both a bit old, but will be okay, in all likelihood. Lanier probably won't be okay.

Starting Pitcher 4
1. '09 Zack Greinke (RYL)
2. '41 Bucky Walters (POR)
3. '11 Yovani Gallardo (MAD)
4. '19 Lefty Williams (RRS)
5. '86 Bruce Hurst (NFK)

I believe in Zack Greinke. Bucky Walters was a great pitcher in his time, though he's mainly forgotten today. He's been pretty good in the Super-League too. Gallardo hasn't played in the Super-League in awhile, but was good back then, and should still be good. Lefty Williams will be fine as long as you keep him away from all bookmakers. Bruce Hurst is...yeah.

Closer
1. '96 Robb Nen (MAD)
2. '78 Kent Tekulve (POR)
3. '09 Joakim Soria (RYL)
4. '09 Ryan Franklin (RRS)
5. '03 Armando Benitez (NFK)

I'll take Nen's power over Tekulve's control any day, even if I think that submarine pitchers are cool. Soria and Franklin should be serviceable. Armando Benitez was terrifying inconsistent in real life, and I don't see how the Super-League will provide him any relief in the Super-League.

Intangibles
1. A Limited Liability Ballclub (RRS)
2. Definitely a Team (MAD)
3. It's Springtime in Australia (RYL)
4. Vacationland (POR)
5. The Military-Industrial-Baseball Complex (NFK)

Johnny Hopp Division

Great Googly-Mooglies (GOG) (The Goog)
Idaho Potatoes (IDA) (grinnblade)
Leprechauns (LEP) (Ionnracht)
Oxbridge Mathematicians (OXB) (Revenant Threshold)
Vice City Goose Eggs (VIC) (Armitage)

Catcher
1. '53 Yogi Berra (IDA)
2. '09 Victor Martinez (GOG)
3. '11 Buster Posey (OXB)
4. '58 Jim Hegan (LEP)
5. '85 Ernie Whitt (VIC)

Berra easily wins his group here, and it's not particularly close. Martinez is a good hitter, but not much of a fielder. Still, in '09 you could probably live with him at catcher. Posey is too young, and I worry what sort of rating Mogul will give him. Hegan and Whitt are filler. In fact, the first Sharks used Whitt, which should alarm you greatly.

First Baseman
1. '85 Jack Clark/'04 Miguel Cabrera (OXB)
2. '22 George Sisler (VIC)
3. '70 Orlando Cepeda (LEP)
4. '06 Kendrys Morales (IDA)
5. '34 Hal Trosky (GOG)

Clark/Cabrera is a great platoon, and should hit somewhere between 30-40 home runs, which is great for the Super-League. Sisler is one of the best contact hitters ever, even if he didn't have many other skills. Cepeda is old, but it's a weak group. Morales looked like he'd be a star, and then we quickly found out that he wasn't. And then Albert Pujols took his job. Needless to say, I'm not bullish on him. Hal Trosky is, well, I'm sure Goog has his reasons.

Second Baseman
1. '11 Eddie Collins (GOG)
2. '70 Joe Morgan (LEP)
3. '97 Jay Bell (OXB)
4. '06 Macier Izturis (IDA)
5. '22 Marty McManus (VIC)

Collins is great, Morgan is also great, but a year or two away from really being Joe Morgan, if you follow me. I like Jay Bell, but he's not going to be a lot better than filler. Izturis has a nice glove. That's about it, though. Marty McManus needs to be replaced.

Third Baseman
1. '11 Home Run Baker (GOG)
2. '11 Pablo Sandoval (OXB)
3. '83 Buddy Bell/'85 Rance Mulliniks (VIC)
4. '54 Al Rosen (LEP)
5. '53 Gil McDougald (IDA)

An entire group of questionable players. Baker is good, but he won't hit home runs. Sandoval can hit, but probably cna't field. Bell and Mulliniks rely on Rance Mulliniks. Rosen's back was about gone by '54. McDougald was more a super-sub than a starter for the Yankees which is probably telling.

Shortstop
1. '91 Cal Ripken (IDA)
2. '40 Arky Vaughan (OXB)
3. '08 Troy Tulowitzki (VIC)
4. '09 Asdrubal Cabrera (GOG)
5. '70 Denis Menke (LEP)

Ripken had a great year in '91, and is younger than Vaughan. That said, a shortstop that can draw 100 walks a year like Vaughan also has his uses. Tulowitzki will still probably be good away from Coors Field, though he won't be as good. Cabrera should be fine. Menke needs to go before it's too late.

Left Fielder
1. '04 Miguel Cabrera/'11 Zack Wheat (OXB)
2. '08 Matt Holliday/'22 Ken Williams (VIC)
3. '09 Grady Sizemore/'95 Joe Carter (GOG)
4. '53 Gene Woodling (IDA)
5. '90 Kevin Mitchell (LEP)

Cabrera is just a great hitter, and even with Wheat taking a few of the atbats, he's still the best. Holliday/Williams should also be pretty good, even if I'm not sure what you'll get from Ken Williams. Relying on Sizemore does not seem like the soundest plan ever, and I'm pretty sure the entire city of Cleveland would back me up on that assessment. Woodling and Mitchell are just about filler.

Center Fielder
1. '53 Mickey Mantle (IDA)
2. '34 Earl Averill (GOG)
3. '54 Larry Doby (LEP)
4. '58 Al Kaline/'85 Lloyd Moseby (VIC)
5. '40 Vince DiMaggio (OXB)

Mantle is awesome. That's all that needs to be said about that. Averill has never been a star in the Super-League, but he's also never been a disaster, and there's something to be said for that. Doby should be good, if not great. Kaline is out of position in center, and Moseby probably can't hit enough to play regularly. Vince DiMaggio is the third-best DiMaggio, and third-best isn't good enough in the Super-League.

Right Fielder
1. '71 Hank Aaron (LEP)
2. '11 Carlos Beltran (OXB)
3. '85 Jesse Barfield/'58 Al Kaline (VIC)
4. '06 Vladimir Guerrero (IDA)
5. '09 Shin-Soo Choo/'34 Joe Vosmik (GOG)

Aaron is Aaron, even when he's old, and he wasn't really that old in '71. Beltran is also good enough, even if I'm not sure he'll be a lot better than average in the Super-Leauge. Jesse Barfield will be taking most of the at-bats in right, which is probably not going to work. Then again, at least Barfield can field, unlike old man Guerrero. Choo and Vosmik are there. And that's about it.

Designated Hitter
1. '08 Todd Helton/'08 Matt Holliday (VIC)
2. '09 Travis Hafner (GOG)
3. '71 Rico Carty (LEP)
4. '97 Chili Davis/'99 Fred McGriff (OXB)
5. '11 Mike Napoli (IDA)

Helton and Holliday should hold the line, which is pretty good for this group. I'd have more confidence in Hafner if he didn't have to face left-handers. The Beeg Boy, Rico Carty, is okay. Nothing more, nothing less. Davis and McGriff are both ancient, but might have a little left in the tank. Just understand that neither can really field at this point. Napoli is a catcher. Catchers really almost should never be DHs.

Starting Pitcher 1
1. '11 Tim Lincecum (OXB)
2. '85 Dave Stieb (VIC)
3. '54 Early Wynn (LEP)
4. '34 Mel Harder (GOG)
5. '53 Ed Lopat (IDA)

Lincecum is breaking down in real life, but probably is good enough to star in the Super-League. Dave Stieb has usually been good in the Super-League, even if he hasn't gotten many opportunities. Early Wynn has gotten more opportunities, but hasn't exactly made the most of him. Mel Harder was great in Super-League I, but that was a long time ago. Ed Lopat isn't going to make it.

Starting Pitcher 2
1. '58 Jim Bunning (VIC)
2. '71 Phil Niekro (LEP)
3. '09 Cliff Lee (GOG)
4. '04 Josh Beckett (OXB)
5. '06 Ervin Santana (IDA)

Jim Bunning is good enough for the Macho Men, and he's good enough for your team. Niekro may be the best knuckleballer ever, but is still a risky bet. Lee has been up and down recently, but the Mooglies have a strong defense, and that might help him. Beckett has been torturing the Red Sox with his inconsistency for the better part of a decade and now has a chance to spread the misery across the Atlantic. You might remember Santana as the guy who, one year, had such an extreme home/road split that the Angels decided to stop pitching him in road games altogether. Boy, that inspires confidence, doesn't it?

Starting Pitcher 3
1. '11 Eddie Plank (GOG)
2. '54 Bob Lemon (LEP)
3. '06 Jered Weaver (IDA)
4. '22 Urban Shocker (VIC)
5. '11 Matt Cain (OXB)

Plank has alway been good in the Super-League, even when shackled to the shittacular defense of the Murderbots. Lemon has been better this year, even if I'm a bit skeptical. Weaver's just a rookie in '06, and they can be inconsistent. Urban Shocker has an awesome name, but not quite the stuff to back it up, although he'll still be pretty good. Just not the unstoppable force that a "Urban Shocker" should be. I mean, Urban Shocker should have some sort of special "Shock-Ball" where he uses his powers to charge the ball with electricity before he throws it. Matt Cain is filler.

Starting Pitcher 4
1. '11 Chief Bender (GOG)
2. '54 Mike Garcia (LEP)
3. '85 Jimmy loving Key (VIC)
4. '97 Kevin Appier (OXB)
5. '53 Johnny Sain (IDA)

Filler, filler, Jimmy loving Key, filler, and reliever.

Closer
1. '06 Francisco Rodriguez (IDA)
2. '85 Tom Henke (VIC)
3. '90 Jeff Brantley (LEP)
4. '09 Rafael Betancourt (GOG)
5. '99 Roberto Hernandez (OXB)

I don't like K-Rod that much, but he was a great closer for a few years. Tom Henke was the nerdiest guy to ever be nicknamed "The Terminator". Jeff Brantley is serviceable, but that's about it. Betancourt won't kill you, probably. Hernandez just might, though.

Intangibles
1. Choose Your Own Intangible (VIC)
2. Maths! (OXB)
3. Return to the Planet of Funk! (GOG)
4. Kaiser Kartoffel performs the Potato Plunge! (IDA)
5. Where the gently caress is Johnny Hopp? (LEP)