Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Okay guys, to get things rolling we need to make donations to the clan's bank. I donated 2500, and someone else donated 1000, I think. There was some money in there before, so we're at 4200. Then it's just a matter of Phantom or whoever actually winning an auction for a banner.

I threw in a thousand when someone was asking for donations earlier, despite being a newbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montefarle
Apr 12, 2005
We could all pitch in for a banner that has to be renewed every few weeks at large cost. We could also keep the glorious triple hog banner that has served us well thus far.

There's really nothing wrong with our default banner, unless people just really have a burning desire to change it. What would we even replace the logo with? SA Grenade?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
If there is no hog involved in the banner then I will not be involved. We can't ignore our glorious heritage.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It has to be renewed every 30 days. But that means we have more freedom to change it pretty often. Yesterday when we had like 8 goons on, we kept getting split up. There were other players with the triple hog getting mixed in with us. So a custom banner will actually help us get out on the same team.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I support a custom banner. They're cool and I want one because I don't have one.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

siggy2021 posted:

If there is no hog involved in the banner then I will not be involved. We can't ignore our glorious heritage.

Hell, i'm even named Boar. Still, here's 2k for the banner. Put something nice on it

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

siggy2021 posted:

So it needs to be a baconator?

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
I wouldn't mind a :burger: on a green background.

Here is the template for the banners.

Also, it will wrap around for some of the armors and such to appear on their back as a solid color, so you should test it ingame to see how it looks before we upload anything.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

PhantomZero posted:

I wouldn't mind a :burger: on a green background.

Here is the template for the banners.

Also, it will wrap around for some of the armors and such to appear on their back as a solid color, so you should test it ingame to see how it looks before we upload anything.

If someone makes a banner with a sweet rear end baconator and a green background, and it's tasteful enough to get approved, I will donate 50k crpg gold to go towards paying for the banner slot, and will give the creator of the banner an additional 100k crpg gold.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

siggy2021 posted:

If someone makes a banner with a sweet rear end baconator and a green background, and it's tasteful enough to get approved, I will donate 50k crpg gold to go towards paying for the banner slot, and will give the creator of the banner an additional 100k crpg gold.
...That's stupid. And not the funny kind of stupid either.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Alright I haven't bothered to test it yet but I felt like actually making something.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

7c Nickel posted:

Alright I haven't bothered to test it yet but I felt like actually making something.

it's.....beautiful :3:

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

:stare:

Can we?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
i just saw 2 guys with an extremely ugly rainbow banner with a discus-thrower inside. I'd be surprised if that new banner won't get accepted

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Yeah, I'll need to make a few changes I think.

As a banner it looks about right...

.. but there are a few issues in game. I need to reverse the image and work on the seams a bit. The back is a nice even green but its a good bit darker than most of the green it meets. Especially near the shoulders.

Actually since the banner has the text work correctly it would be wrong half the time no matter what. What I might do is swap the spirit animal hog and the text. It looks like you would only see it in banner mode anyway.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

rizuhbull posted:

...That's stupid. And not the funny kind of stupid either.

Care to explain what's stupid?

7c Nickel posted:

This is an amazing substitute.

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
I like it, but feel like it should fit more in the center of the banner. A simpler icon would be best though, I doubt they'd allow the grenade (since "historical relevance.") I was thinking the green banner with a unicorn head in the center colored with pink or rainbows.

How about fat Buddha sitting on a hamburger or piece of pizza or other food item? Or maybe the boar can be in the torso area of the dude?

I'm away from my photoshop computer so I can't make a mock-up, but I'll do it when I get home.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

InspectorBloor posted:

i just saw 2 guys with an extremely ugly rainbow banner with a discus-thrower inside. I'd be surprised if that new banner won't get accepted

Yeah, I was surprised to see those guys last night too. Apparently that's Muderboner's new flag.

7c Nickel posted:

I'd fly that banner proudly. Awesome.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ok I think I'm done with this now.

Swapped the position of the text and the hog, tried to get the color more even and added a bit of dirt since goons.

As a banner the text is the right way round.

In game the seams aren't too bad. No backwards text is visible.

And as an icon our neckbeard is squarely in the center.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
Looks pretty kickin' rad bro. We have tons of money thanks to White Knight so I'll see about purchasing an exclusive banner. Make sure you have it the way you want it.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
gently caress, you assholes still play this game? Ugh, I was thinking about playing warband again recently, but maybe Ill reinstall crpg.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Well, no.

To get things rolling we need a banner.

Well, yes, because you have to buy a custom banner slot before you can do anything. SO MAYBE.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

PhantomZero posted:

Looks pretty kickin' rad bro. We have tons of money thanks to White Knight so I'll see about purchasing an exclusive banner. Make sure you have it the way you want it.

Actually I think I'm going to move the hog up a bit. Some of it will get covered up by the cheeto bag but it will make it look like he's wearing the old banner on his shirt. His XXXXL shirt.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ok I think that barring some terrible looking problem that I didn't find, this is the final version of "Benediction of the Neckbeard".

the pizza police
Oct 8, 2009

justice delivered in 20 minutes or less
Getting back into this I'm delighted to see that my heirloom point was pulled off the item I had it on and ready to be used on whatever.

Throwing build here I come!

Do I go heavy throwing axes, or throwing spears? I don't know the difference between pierce and cut.

the pizza police fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 15, 2012

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Goofa posted:

Getting back into this I'm delighted to see that my heirloom point was pulled off the item I had it on and ready to be used on whatever.

Throwing build here I come!

Do I go heavy throwing axes, or throwing spears? I don't know the difference between pierce and cut.

Pierce pierces armor more. Cut is the most basically form of damage and most easily mitigated.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Did they delete accounts any time in the last year? I can't log in to either of mine and I'm pretty sure I typed the passwords correctly. I can't remember exactly when I last played on them but it would have been after upkeep was introduced and before the khergit/strong/long/war bows were replaced (?) by these Rus and Horn bows discussed ITT.

the pizza police
Oct 8, 2009

justice delivered in 20 minutes or less

Seashell Salesman posted:

Did they delete accounts any time in the last year? I can't log in to either of mine and I'm pretty sure I typed the passwords correctly. I can't remember exactly when I last played on them but it would have been after upkeep was introduced and before the khergit/strong/long/war bows were replaced (?) by these Rus and Horn bows discussed ITT.

I had my account still active from long before upkeep was added. Do the ingame password reset. Q->M-> Reset Password

the pizza police fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 15, 2012

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Goofa posted:

Heavy throwing axes are OP, use them unless you think spears are more fun.

Cut on throwing works a bit different and is mitigated much less, heavy throwing axes do a relative massive amount of damage due to their high base stats, and are good melee weapons too, basically the staple of every troll thrower.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I just made a skip the fun crossbowman and I got my arbalest. What other poo poo do I get for my dude.

Armor, hats?

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Ok I go all of this junk working. What time do you all usually play?

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

primelaw posted:

Ok I go all of this junk working. What time do you all usually play?

Evenings EST, 7-11PM just check out the teamspeak and we'll likely be in the crpg channel. If there is a specific time you guys want to get together I can throw up an event to see who shows up and just make the day with the most people the official stomp pubbies day.

Wooper posted:

I just made a skip the fun crossbowman and I got my arbalest. What other poo poo do I get for my dude.

Armor, hats?

Lots of crossbowmen like the Mace under 2H weapons. It is a single slot and can be used 1H or 2H for more damage. It also can knock bitches on their rear end for a free second or third hit.

Armor and hats aren't too big of a deal. We have a sarranid(arabian) theme, but it isn't enforced. Since you are using an arbalest you should probably grab some cheap armor to offset the costs until you can reliably get a x2 or x3. Most goons like grabbing sarranid padded vests and a turban, as it is the rank and file outfit for our ranged in strategus battles. Though if money is an issue the Leather Jerkin is just as good.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Is the idea of an SA strategus group just that we band together strategically as overworld commanders, or to specifically hire goon mercenaries and apply as mercenaries for goon commanders in battles?

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
In the old days, we were our own faction and worked together as a group to beat pubbies and take over the map. There are some videos of our strategus battles on youtube somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGusaTl8uro

I can't usually play until 9PST if anyone is on at that time.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is the idea of an SA strategus group just that we band together strategically as overworld commanders, or to specifically hire goon mercenaries and apply as mercenaries for goon commanders in battles?

Both really, we band together as a faction to move troops equipment and money around the map as well as protect goon lands from raiders and pubbies. However we will also need goon mercenaries, as well as non-goon mercenaries. Trying to come up with 45 people for a battle with 24 hours notice is hard, especially when you don't have any allies.

Being on the overmap doesn't necessarily mean you need to command anything either. Simply crafting goods for the war effort and generating gold is needed to keep the war machine rolling.

So while we can't go around pissing everybody off, we will need to make nice with at least some of our neighbors. This means goons will also be called upon to fight for our allies.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

PhantomZero posted:

Both really, we band together as a faction to move troops equipment and money around the map as well as protect goon lands from raiders and pubbies. However we will also need goon mercenaries, as well as non-goon mercenaries. Trying to come up with 45 people for a battle with 24 hours notice is hard, especially when you don't have any allies.

Being on the overmap doesn't necessarily mean you need to command anything either. Simply crafting goods for the war effort and generating gold is needed to keep the war machine rolling.

So while we can't go around pissing everybody off, we will need to make nice with at least some of our neighbors. This means goons will also be called upon to fight for our allies.

So you can be 'in' strategus as more than a mercenary, say crafting stuff, but not be on the map as an attackable party?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Right now I think so, yes.

But we're not playing this one, as it's terrible.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

Right now I think so, yes.

But we're not playing this one, as it's terrible.

This really shouldn't change too much, you will still be able to craft and gain gold by chilling in a village. The change is supposedly that you will be able to do so outside the village as well.

So yes, you can contribute in strategus without being running around and being more than just a mercenary.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Smoothrich posted:

Weapon Master raises your damage by a lot, high PD with low WPF in Archery has a bad penalty as well. Once you get your WM up, you will be doing quadruple the damage per hit of most melee classes with a rapid fire sniper rifle in no time.

With 7 PS, 140 WPF and a 43 cut 2hander, I have to hit most medium infantry 4 times as well, and heavier armors/strength builds at least 8 times, with many glances in between. A Rus Bow archer can kill me, at 60 body armor and 7 IF, in 2 body hits with regularity, 3 if he's unlucky, while being impossible to close into melee range with because of archer's turbo burst kiting ability. Once you level up, rus bow archery has no reason to complain about damage.
This damage calculator shows a difference of about 2 damage between 130 and 160 WPF, or about 10%. That's not really enough to make the damage reasonable..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
All of the damage calculators are wrong and outdated. 6 PD and 7-8 WM does as much damage as 10 PD and 5 WM.

• Locked thread