Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guidos Python
Sep 7, 2009

This is a fun game to play with your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I banned you three times before Chadz implemented the ban log. Just Saying~~

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

May I remind you, you weren't banned on Texas battle Goate. The golden days of CRPG

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007
Hey guys we got a new banner!

Edit your Warband profile ingame and select "Use Clan's Banner". It will appear in-game.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That is amazing. :allears:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Money well spent.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

According to this... WPF is near worthless for melee weapons. Is this true?

http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum

Dr Tasty posted:

In the old days, we were our own faction and worked together as a group to beat pubbies and take over the map. There are some videos of our strategus battles on youtube somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGusaTl8uro

I can't usually play until 9PST if anyone is on at that time.

I'm one of those little guys. :3:

This was my only strat battle I've been in and can say that it owned.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Imapanda posted:

I'm one of those little guys. :3:

This was my only strat battle I've been in and can say that it owned.

Sorry to hear that, there were a few more battles in that "campaign."

Hopefully we'll have lots of fun battles coming up in Strat 4.

Also, yeah WPF is pretty worthless for melee. I have 100 1h and 50 pole as a 1h/lancer cav and I do okay on foot and horseback, 0WM.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It depends. WPF does give you more damage (And, to some arbitary limit, speed?) which helps, however it doesn't compare to having more power strike. Both, though, do help, if you have the skill points lying around.

Past the magical 100 threshold (Including armor penalties, which aren't shown) WPF isn't critical.

SMLJ
Sep 7, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Ok I think that barring some terrible looking problem that I didn't find, this is the final version of "Benediction of the Neckbeard".

I might have to start playing this again just so I can wear that thing.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PhantomZero posted:

Sorry to hear that, there were a few more battles in that "campaign."

May I point out that I was Commander in General for that "campaign." It was fun yes, but the toll was great on my captains, whom all have quit or moved to Korea.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I am terrible at this game, ha. What method do you guys use to pick attack/block direction? I always seem to swing the wrong way. Alternatively, I don't even see how my enemies hit me.

Also, I've seen numerous videos trying to explain how to feint and whatnot, but can never seem to do it. What exactly am I looking to do there?

EDIT: I am at least getting proficient at unhorsing people with throwing axes.

LogisticEarth fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 16, 2012

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

May I point out that I was Commander in General for that "campaign." It was fun yes, but the toll was great on my captains, whom all have quit or moved to Korea.

Many a "two on ones you shits" was spouted over that campaign by the Glorious Lady Gaga.

Also, that banner owwnnnssss.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
So in order to make an alternate account my main but keep my stuff, I need to transfer all the stuff from the alternate account to a new account then delete the alternate account, get the new account to level 15, wait 3 days then transfer all the stuff to a new version of the alternate account then make it my main? That's completely retarded.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I get 4 kills in the first round, end up being the last alive and dying 1v1. "Oh good going LLJK!" "You suck!" as if I lost the team the round.

I'm sure there's a name for this psychological effect that makes people into moronic assholes. But I'm being somewhat hyperbolic cuz they're all "nah LLJK are good" afterwords" so you could say it's in good humor.

Want to never get blamed for anything? Be the first to die. No one will notice you.

e: The banner is loving awesome, but looks loving terrible in-game. Like a blob of poo poo colors. I suppose everything will look that way unless you go with a super simple and bold design.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 16, 2012

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

LogisticEarth posted:

I am terrible at this game, ha. What method do you guys use to pick attack/block direction? I always seem to swing the wrong way. Alternatively, I don't even see how my enemies hit me.

Also, I've seen numerous videos trying to explain how to feint and whatnot, but can never seem to do it. What exactly am I looking to do there?

EDIT: I am at least getting proficient at unhorsing people with throwing axes.

Shoot me message on steam or stop by the teamspeak and we can have a go on the dueling server.

rizuhbull posted:

I get 4 kills in the first round, end up being the last alive and dying 1v1. "Oh good going LLJK!" "You suck!" as if I lost the team the round.

I'm sure there's a name for this psychological effect that makes people into moronic assholes. But I'm being somewhat hyperbolic cuz they're all "nah LLJK are good" afterwords" so you could say it's in good humor.

Want to never get blamed for anything? Be the first to die. No one will notice you.

Everyone talks poo poo if you are the last guy left and you lose the round, unless it was 4v1 and you killed 3 of them. Even then people are still pissed. But when you win the round most people will congratulate you. Everyone is watching because they are all dead, so obviously if they had been the last alive they would have done it better.

Infinite Monkeys posted:

So in order to make an alternate account my main but keep my stuff, I need to transfer all the stuff from the alternate account to a new account then delete the alternate account, get the new account to level 15, wait 3 days then transfer all the stuff to a new version of the alternate account then make it my main? That's completely retarded.

Once a character is alternate it is not possible to change that role, therefore alternates can never become main. I don't know if it is possible to create a new account unless you have a new cd-key and IP address. Why do you want to make your alt your main?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

PhantomZero posted:

Once a character is alternate it is not possible to change that role, therefore alternates can never become main. I don't know if it is possible to create a new account unless you have a new cd-key and IP address. Why do you want to make your alt your main?
I made a character my main then skipped the fun, then made another character which I really enjoy and I don't like my main so I want to make the alt my main (basically keep the name and items) but in order to do this I have to lose all of my XP and train up another character to lvl 15 just to send the items and gold

e: not to mention waiting 3 real days for some reason :wtc:

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one
I recall a battle round like a year ago where I was using my all strength and powerstrike tin can, I destroyed the opposing team and at the end of the round it was just me and an archer.

I spent the whole time chasing him while he would stop and try to shoot off the last little sliver of health I had left. I dodged every shot. Eventually he gave up and let me kill him. There were those who congratulated me, those who condemned him, and those who were outraged that I didn't let the archer win because of "delaying."

My point is that there will always be someone who is unhappy with LLJK. We are the goon clan after all.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
We do have quite a history in this game as well and I'm sure there are people that hate us for legitimate reason.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

For very legitimate reasons. Outside of Phanny, most of the LLJK leads were assholes.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

After playing a couple games with the new banner; I retract my previous statements. Very effective. There's no doubt in my mind it puts fear in the hearts of my enemies.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 16, 2012

Full-Bodied Flavor
Jan 8, 2011

quote:

Uumdi and Kreczor have recently started a program where Kreczor buys games for Uumdi to review, and in exchange for every completed review, Kreczor will buy a microphone for a person of Uumdi's choosing.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
When I used to play this game I was an archer and about 50% of rounds would end with a tin can chasing me and after one of us died there would always be spectators who are raging the gently caress out about me kiting the tin can. It's not like my longsword really did any more damage, guys, is it more fun to watch 3 minutes of glancing swings?

e: probably worth noting this is on the Australian servers which never got more than 50-60 people total.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I want to get in some strategus battles. Apparently the xp is great? Best way of going about that?

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

I want to get in some strategus battles. Apparently the xp is great? Best way of going about that?

Apply to defend AI villages, or get in touch with commanders by looking at the battles list. Be level 25+ and check out the mercenary recruitment thread on the c-rpg.net forums.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

PhantomZero posted:

Apply to defend AI villages, or get in touch with commanders by looking at the battles list. Be level 25+ and check out the mercenary recruitment thread on the c-rpg.net forums.
Thanks, didn't know you could defend AI villages. ...How do you do that? Any XP is good, don't care about winning. I also saw your upcoming battle?

Should I go with the pick for pierce damage or the axe for shield damage?

e: Shields.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 17, 2012

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

rizuhbull posted:

Thanks, didn't know you could defend AI villages. ...How do you do that? Any XP is good, don't care about winning. I also saw your upcoming battle?

Should I go with the pick for pierce damage or the axe for shield damage?

Oh poo poo, yes I forgot I set that in motion. Apply for that, everyone should apply for that. I won't actually be able to attend as I'm leaving for the weekend kind of at the last second. XP won't be great as it is 50 v 30 and im not entirely sure hes going to show up at all.

Personal preference, do you find yourself against tin cans or other shielders more often?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Do arrows still suck?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

Did we ever come to a decent 1h/2h cav build?

code:

Strength: 21
    Agility: 15

Skills to attributes: 2

Ironflesh: 7
    Power Strike: 7
    Athletics: 5
    Riding: 5
    Weapon Master: 5

One Handed: 108
    Two Handed: 111
This sounds about right to me.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Leal posted:

Do arrows still suck?

No.

And why would you ever want to be a 1H/2H hybrid?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

It is a silly idea to me. And you will want a something more like 120~ WPF if you go particularly armored.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
So I'm sort of trying to decide where to go with my level 25 one-hander/shield character. Here's where I stand currently:

I hosed up in character generation and put a point into Riding, thinking I was going for some kind of melee-cavalry build, but that fell by the wayside, and I forgot about it until it was late enough I didn't want to respec. Also note that I have two skill points as yet unspent. I'm shooting for a 21 str/15 agi, although that might change.

So I'm thinking there's a few options:

1.) Commit to the one-handed weapon, and dump more points into WM and Power strike
2.) Beef up my throwing skills, as I kind of play like light infantry and screen for cavalry with my javelins currently. It would be nice to upgrade to Jarids
3.) Dump more points into Riding, and go for something like a Steppe horse. Or just go whole hog and go 18/18 for attributes and get some of the better mounts.

Any other options? Is one skill point wasted worth respeccing at this point?

EDIT: Feel free to point and laugh at my terrible K/D ratio. :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PhantomZero posted:

No.

Really? I may get back into this then, I still got my loomed bodkins.

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one

LogisticEarth posted:

So I'm sort of trying to decide where to go with my level 25 one-hander/shield character. Here's where I stand currently:

I hosed up in character generation and put a point into Riding, thinking I was going for some kind of melee-cavalry build, but that fell by the wayside, and I forgot about it until it was late enough I didn't want to respec. Also note that I have two skill points as yet unspent. I'm shooting for a 21 str/15 agi, although that might change.

So I'm thinking there's a few options:

1.) Commit to the one-handed weapon, and dump more points into WM and Power strike
2.) Beef up my throwing skills, as I kind of play like light infantry and screen for cavalry with my javelins currently. It would be nice to upgrade to Jarids
3.) Dump more points into Riding, and go for something like a Steppe horse. Or just go whole hog and go 18/18 for attributes and get some of the better mounts.

Any other options? Is one skill point wasted worth respeccing at this point?

EDIT: Feel free to point and laugh at my terrible K/D ratio. :v:

You can always respec, you lose half your experience, but if you commit to this build you will be spending way more time with a gimped build. This build is a mess. Pick a build off of the OP and go with it.

Going hybrid is usually a bad idea. But if you insist on keeping it you probably should put a couple more points into riding so you can get a Rouncey. Another way to salvage this is to put some more points into weapon master and fill out your throwing so you can at least be competent at 1h and throwing.

I would just respect though.

PhantomZero
Sep 7, 2007

Leal posted:

Really? I may get back into this then, I still got my loomed bodkins.

They are worth a lot of money, though overall loom prices have been falling.

You can always go for like 3 riding and then dump the rest in powerthrow and be all 3!

The latest patch gives archers a 10% bonus to damage for every archer they are near, up to 100%!

Oh it would appear this is strategus only :(

PhantomZero fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 17, 2012

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

rizuhbull posted:

e: The banner is loving awesome, but looks loving terrible in-game. Like a blob of poo poo colors. I suppose everything will look that way unless you go with a super simple and bold design.

That effect is called "the internet".

Since we were green from the start, it's not so much of a quantum leap, but you're right, it naturally attracts attention.

e - I can't think of anything that doesn't turn one into an inviting target. As an archer, i naturally hate shielders, but that doesn't mean that they're the target of choice.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 17, 2012

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

PhantomZero posted:

No.

I'm sorry, with riding as well.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

InspectorBloor posted:

That effect is called "the internet".

Since we were green from the start, it's not so much of a quantum leap, but you're right it naturally attracts attention.
Since then, I've been surprised at how many know who LLJK are. "LLJK are active again?" isn't an uncommon thing to hear. Apparently the old members were trolls and assholes. What did they do to piss everyone off? It better of been awesome. Some say we're cool, so not totally hated.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

rizuhbull posted:

Since then, I've been surprised at how many know who LLJK are. "LLJK are active again?" isn't an uncommon thing to hear. Apparently the old members were trolls and assholes. What did they do to piss everyone off? It better of been awesome. Some say we're cool, so not totally hated.

I can recall seeing the guys a few years ago. They were trolls, but then the community deserved to be trolled. Hard.

• Locked thread