Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Smoothrich posted:

That's because you're using a poo poo horn bow. The Rus Bow with bodkins is basically a rapid fire arbalest, except more accurate. 18/21 build with it, especially when you get a few looms, is probably the most OP thing in the game.
I have this setup but only 9 agi so far, shot a medium armour guy FOUR TIMES and he didn't die. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Smoothrich posted:

Weapon Master raises your damage by a lot, high PD with low WPF in Archery has a bad penalty as well. Once you get your WM up, you will be doing quadruple the damage per hit of most melee classes with a rapid fire sniper rifle in no time.

With 7 PS, 140 WPF and a 43 cut 2hander, I have to hit most medium infantry 4 times as well, and heavier armors/strength builds at least 8 times, with many glances in between. A Rus Bow archer can kill me, at 60 body armor and 7 IF, in 2 body hits with regularity, 3 if he's unlucky, while being impossible to close into melee range with because of archer's turbo burst kiting ability. Once you level up, rus bow archery has no reason to complain about damage.
This damage calculator shows a difference of about 2 damage between 130 and 160 WPF, or about 10%. That's not really enough to make the damage reasonable..

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

So in order to make an alternate account my main but keep my stuff, I need to transfer all the stuff from the alternate account to a new account then delete the alternate account, get the new account to level 15, wait 3 days then transfer all the stuff to a new version of the alternate account then make it my main? That's completely retarded.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

PhantomZero posted:

Once a character is alternate it is not possible to change that role, therefore alternates can never become main. I don't know if it is possible to create a new account unless you have a new cd-key and IP address. Why do you want to make your alt your main?
I made a character my main then skipped the fun, then made another character which I really enjoy and I don't like my main so I want to make the alt my main (basically keep the name and items) but in order to do this I have to lose all of my XP and train up another character to lvl 15 just to send the items and gold

e: not to mention waiting 3 real days for some reason :wtc:

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Could someone suggest a 2h/throwing build? I am terrible at working out what'd be good :(

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

I have warband but not on steam so I can't buy napoleonic wars on steam :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Is this still a thing?
e: Oh apparently not.

• Locked thread