Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

Changed the oil in the Ranger tonight. Checked the coolant on a whim, the reservoir was bone dry and the radiator was low enough I couldn't actually see any. No external coolant leaks that I've found so now I'm worried that the fucker has eaten a head gasket. Going to borrow the exhaust gas tester at Autozone and see if that is the case after all.

Free cylinder steam cleaning ahoy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

What the gently caress is it with American manufacturers and vacuum-operated air distribution boxes? My Blazer's got the same poo poo, and it's so much slower than the mechanical linkages in my Protege. Is it supposed to be a luxury feature or something, a lighter touch on the selector switch?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Is the tilt mechanism tight? That is (was) the biggest daily annoyance with my Blazer, drat wheel flopped all over the place.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I don't know what adapter setup you're using so this may not work, but is there any reason you couldn't seal off one chamber at a time and just bleed the wheels that are one that circuit? (I presume it's split front/rear since it's a truck).

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah torque-to-yield basically takes the bolt beyond its deformation limit, which gives more clamping force (once) out of the same size bolt as opposed to a larger or higher grade one. Gets the tightness you need for cheaper, at the expense of reusability. E: But then it's a weird size, so you the owner can only find that low-grade bolt at the dealer, at massive retail markup naturally. Cheaper to build, not own.

Good old beancounter engineering, that.