Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

IOwnCalculus posted:

I also finally got around to putting a pressure gauge in the lawn-sprayer-turned-pressure-bleeder setup I've had the parts laying around for, but I still need to decide how to do the actual adapter. Part of me wants to just buy a spare master cylinder cap, but my concern is that unlike a lot of modern plastic reservoirs, the cast iron reservoir of this master cylinder has a large divider that runs nearly up to the top - similar to this:

My experience with pressure bleeders is you will get fluid everywhere.
On my wrx, the cap blew off and fluid ended up on the second story of my house, along with everywhere in the car.
I then hated the thing (it was a speedibleed that I was given, presumably because it blew fluid all over everything) so I loaned it out to someone who used it on a Pontiac Ventura, with the kind of master you have. It blew off and sprayed fluid everywhere on his newly repainted engine and firewall.
He tried to give it back, but I convinced him to help someone else with bleeding problems.

So make sure you cover anything you don't want to get brake fluid on with blankets and tarps. Including your house, pets, and family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU