Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

The photos from my Note II seem to be increasingly less like a phone and more like a potato.
You have a fingerprint on the lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's actually a tempting thought. There's some decent access to it and it seems like increasing the area the cable "bites" should greatly increase the lifespan.
I'm not sure what the name for them is, but there's something like a sloped washer that would work well for this.

Definitely put some kind of washer in, epoxy and JB weld will wear through as well. Ideally the cable should pull on a washer, which is held in place by epoxy.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

kastein posted:

It's a plastic tank right? I've heard of people reforming those with a heatgun
Yep, nope, I don't want to be anywhere near that.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Yeah, I learned a long time ago that you never put anything resembling moist lube in a lock, lest that happen.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

That's just perspective and the exhaust isn't near the track bar, right?