Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

it would probably cost me more in labor to have one cylinder repaired / a new one re-keyed to match it, than it did to just buy the whole set. Certainly would've taken more time.

Actually it's not that bad, if you feel like exploring you should take apart one of your old door cylinders to see just how easy it is to re-key an older lock. You just have to take off the crimped on cosmetic ring on the end with the keyhole, and the center slides out where you can change the tumblers. A few junkyard cylinders and you have all the tumblers you need, there's really only about 5 sizes. They sell replacement covers for when you put it all back together.

A locksmith would have everything needed in his shop and could do it while you stand there.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Are you totally hell bent against buying one?

http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores.com/1105-Rectangular-Universal-Adapter_p_130.html

they did it by using thick plastic, then drilling one hole from the end of the plate and two smaller holes to intersect it. You could copy that.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I have a motiv power bleeder that I've used and loaned out multiple times with no issue. They're really quite nice and decently built.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

I need to eventually plan on finding some gauge to fill in that center slot.

http://www.electronics-eetimes.com/en/2.3-round-tft-lcd-emulates-gauges-dials-or-clocks.html?cmp_id=7&news_id=222901229

Something like this for maximum pimp my ride cred.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

66 is still top down with only a sweatshirt weather.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Speaking of LSx valvetrains... out of nowhere I had a memory come back about how LSx engines, especially early ones like mine, would sometimes have issues with puking needle bearings out of the rocker arm trunnions. Best case scenario you find needles in your oil, worst case they don't get all the way to the pan.

Comp Cams has a kit with caged needle bearings, and while the overall feedback on them is positive, there's still a significant number of users who seem to have either oiling problems or wear issues with the Comp trunnions. So now I'm looking at these:

Reasonably cheap and I've seen zero reviews of these (or similar kits) where anyone has had any problems with them so far. Any thoughts from the more ME-minded folk in the crowd?

Nothing wrong with a good oil soaked bronze bushing. If you want reliability and not every last HP wrung out of it, then that sounds like a pretty good way to go.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Yesssss

neeed moooore pooooooowerrrrrrrrr......

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Show us with a video?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I have a dumb request - Would you put a nice pic of your C10 in the OP? I was giving my dad a show and tell of AI the other night, going through examples of the types of cool projects people do here. I wanted to show him your truck but I searched through several pages and couldn't locate a pic in a reasonable time.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

It's because all your recent photos are all about the new wheels. And there's nothing wrong with that. Anyway, thanks man!

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

We're also, to my knowledge, the only state that still enforces emissions testing all the way back to model year 1967.

Every state is weird. I did have to pass emissions with my 66 in Denver metro but only once upon the car entering the state. It was a lifetime test and I never would have had to do it again. It also was a 1500/2500 RPM no load test that I failed the first time. I rebuilt my carbs and passed the second time.