Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I support a Hurricane and Saber combo, because they both have awesome firing sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Sadly I don't have a typhoon, so pirahna and harrier backup it is then.
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Sonofsakai&platform=xbox

I suppose I could use my hurricane too. I tried out my phaeston X and it tore through silver reapers handily but not so fast that I'd be confident walking into gold with it.

The phaeston is an absolute machine on gold but you really need to have good aim because it is super accurate. As long as you can go for headshots it will wreck poo poo all day.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

BrianWilly posted:

...Has anyone gotten matches where the list only shows three people on a team but there was obviously a fourth person playing that none of us could see or hear other than some periodic "squadmate down" messages?

:stare:

Yeah, that happened to me in a match a while ago. It was more than that, though: one other player was invisible but I could still see their name and actions, and all the enemies were invisible.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Looked at your manifest, definitely take the Harrier and a something else. The only downside to the Harrier is the weight and lack of spare ammo. Destroyer doesn't care at all about weight and being able to take a second gun mitigates the ammo situation. For the second gun try a bunch of the good guns out and see what you like best.

Personally I like using my Destroyer as a gun testing class, bring one gun you want to try out on gold and one you know works in case the first doesn't measure up.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Psion posted:

Anyway I maintain if you want to bring a vanguard to gold go Krogan or go Slayer.

And then pray you don't get Collectors.
I don't know what you're talking about.

In all seriousness though, that did get pretty crazy. It's from quite some time ago when the Collectors were still brand spanking new and we didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into. (All Kroguards, btw.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hanging out in the back of the map on Wave 11 while getting a constant stream of "TEAM MEMBER OFFLINE" from the other three guys who are staying in the zone. Then running to the zone with 20 seconds left and getting extraction money without firing a single shot or taking a single hit.

Pubbies. :allears:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I remember that one, Nordick. I honestly wasn't expecting to go down quite as often as I did, but it's hard to beat four Kroguard headbutting the poo poo out of everything.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Eagle is actually decent, yeah. It's a serviceable lightweight SMG, except it accepts Melee attachments.

But there's no reason to use anything other than an Acolyte in the pistol slot right now, that thing's like a supercharged Falcon at the moment, although the ROF still kinda sucks.

(a while back I joked that the regular Human Soldier with an Acolyte would be the worst build, now I think it could actually do some fairly serious damage)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've seen people join up in random gold lobbies and then quit as soon as the match begins when they open the scoreboard and see it's Collectors, including the host.

I have beaten Collectors/Gold as a drell vanguard although I played very carefully and only used charge sparingly. I like to pack a Wraith on him because it's lightweight and murders up close but is also viable at long range to stay away from sync killers.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

VJeff posted:

Hanging out in the back of the map on Wave 11 while getting a constant stream of "TEAM MEMBER OFFLINE" from the other three guys who are staying in the zone. Then running to the zone with 20 seconds left and getting extraction money without firing a single shot or taking a single hit.

Pubbies. :allears:

I've been more ruthless with pubbies lately. If they are going to make a corpse pile rather than run then gently caress'em I'm not burning gel trying to save them. I turned a near wipe into a successful run just by running like hell and soloing a round instead of trying to save them. Pubbies are loving bad at fighting Reapers.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Nordick posted:

I don't know what you're talking about.

In all seriousness though, that did get pretty crazy. It's from quite some time ago when the Collectors were still brand spanking new and we didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into. (All Kroguards, btw.)

Oh yeah. That game. The amount of WRAGH, WRAAAAGH. RAUGHH was almost louder than a chorus of Banshees screeching, but MANLIER.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
More and more often, I'm running into missile glitchers on Platinum who apparently don't know how to play the loving game.

I dunno how you take a missile glitching Armiger Legion Turian into Platinum/Rio and still die a bunch of times. We would've wiped on Wave 10 if I hadn't used my own missiles to finish up the objective (which was assassination :lol:)!

I wound up wasting my only AP Ammo III and the guy playing despite having an auto-win button pissed me off, so I wound up filing a complaint on him. I don't normally do it to missile glitchers but if you're gonna cheat and still decide to suck, then you deserve to get banned.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

I had the weirdest bug today in a game full of weird bugs. We started the match and I hit Escape to see what faction we were fighting against and it was blank. Wave 1 started and no enemies appeared. We ran around the map looking for something to kill, but nothing spawned.

:bioware:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The dreaded boredom faction; truly the worst enemy.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Perfectly Cromulent posted:

I had the weirdest bug today in a game full of weird bugs. We started the match and I hit Escape to see what faction we were fighting against and it was blank. Wave 1 started and no enemies appeared. We ran around the map looking for something to kill, but nothing spawned.

:bioware:

Apparently you've won the war!

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

I love the Ghost. Any assault rifle with the High Velocity Barrel and the Thermal Scope makes for a truly fearsome headshot machine that sees and punches right through walls. :hellyeah:

Try it out with AP Rounds IV or Drill Rounds III and no wall will stand in your way.

Telven
Mar 4, 2001

IL2 Fanboy
Argh, I just added myself to the multiplayer list but I put myself as PS3 instead of PC and forgot to have my location as the west coast.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just had 2 bugs, one where there was invisible guy in the game, his score was climbing, I could see his kills but I could see him, then when it ended I lost connection and never saw the score screen, in the same I lost all audio, it came back at the end, then I lost it again, then it came, then I lost it yet again.

:bioware: indeed.

Also I unlocked the Paladin, holy gently caress this guy is AMAZING, I soloed a silver game against with no problems, just techplosions everywhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Went on a promote/spending spree today. Got my Reegar to X and my Pirahna to IX. And I got a Hurricane II. :toot:

Now to play a billion games with my adept cause that's the only class I have at 20.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

The only thing I like about ME3 collectors is that it shows how terrible harbinger was at his job. Every other reaper can take over scions and praetorians and you can only take over troopers?

All the other Reapers are too lame to shout about how they're assuming direct control, though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I have 3 more Bronze Ghost games to go before getting Ghostbuster, so if anyone wants to play Bronze and build up a low-level character, my Origin is BreakAtmo.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Had a weird glitch today where the map I was playing on kept on counting down the timer from a hack mission on wave 3 and then on wave 10 counted the 3rd hack as the 4th one, so that by the time we did the 4th one a message saying we hacked 5/4 objectives came up at the end of the wave.

Also, I've been playing since almost day 1 and have done 95% of the weekend challenges and bought countless PSP's...and I still don't have a Harrier. NRG :negative:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

el oso posted:

Also, I've been playing since almost day 1 and have done 95% of the weekend challenges and bought countless PSP's...and I still don't have a Harrier. NRG :negative:
It's a crappy gun that you don't really want. I'm in exactly that boat as well

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

The Harrier is great and all, but you're glued to ammo crates when you use it.

You'll seriously be out of ammo within a matter of thirty seconds. I mean, yeah, two or three bosses will die in that time, but it's really kind of annoying.

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
Hmm, Valiant IV. I'd kind of forgotten about that gun. Probably because it's just not that fun to use. I just Drellguard soloed GGB using only Charge. Finished the challenge up in 15 mins.

Oh and man Batarian Brawler owns. Can someone post that Batarian punch gif?

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

The New Black posted:

Oh and man Batarian Brawler owns. Can someone post that Batarian punch gif?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
GG Lynx, Silver and Hobbes was it?

Ignoring most of the fitness tree on volus was definetly the way to go, even at max he still dies from being breathed on to hard, but having stasis at max is invaluable, little bastard just shits all over phantoms.

That said the Volus Engineer still kicks the poo poo out of him in terms of utility, prox mine specced for radius and damage cleans house and the recon mine is like setting off a nuke.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ever wondered what it's like being able to smite enemies from anywhere on the map?

Damage-specced Gethgineer, Javelin VIII, Sniper HV Barrel V, Drill Rounds III.

:pcgaming:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Ignoring most of the fitness tree on volus was definetly the way to go, even at max he still dies from being breathed on to hard, but having stasis at max is invaluable, little bastard just shits all over phantoms.

That said the Volus Engineer still kicks the poo poo out of him in terms of utility, prox mine specced for radius and damage cleans house and the recon mine is like setting off a nuke.

Still died less than me! Annihilation field is an invitation to do stupid things on gold.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Ever wondered what it's like being able to smite enemies from anywhere on the map?

Damage-specced Gethgineer, Javelin VIII, Sniper HV Barrel V, Drill Rounds III.

:pcgaming:

Drill rounds are the best rounds. You can achieve much the same result with the HVB on any other weapon, except you'll be limited to 1m less penetration.

Granted, that's a pretty significant difference, but with a thermal scope on any weapon that can take it you can shoot everyone everywhere.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Alteisen posted:

It was me, I was the Krogan Shaman that got a lower score than the Volus.

I like the idea but Barrier doesn't seem to do much good. All I could manage without dying was setting off a ton of biotic explosions.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Sadly I don't have a typhoon, so pirahna and harrier backup it is then.
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Sonofsakai&platform=xbox

I suppose I could use my hurricane too. I tried out my phaeston X and it tore through silver reapers handily but not so fast that I'd be confident walking into gold with it.

The Piranha is a solid choice for the Destroyer and I'd definitely stick with that.
Using a Hurricane in the second slot seems kind of redundant though, as the guns serve pretty similar roles.

You have a solid manifest there and a couple of options for a second, more long-range gun. The Harrier is obviously a massive beast, but if the ammo supply is a concern for you, don't feel too bad for using something different because you'll still be rolling with the Piranha for bosses anyway.

I personally really like the Valiant on the Destroyer. Even after the nerf and with "only" three shots in the clip, you can put out some good damage on troopers and mid-tier stuff over long distances. Bosses and CQB are covered by the Piranha.

The Phaeston and Saber can serve a similar function as long as you keep going for headshots.

You could, of course, put that Black Widow to use as well because you don't give a gently caress about weight with the Destroyer anyway, but I think the Valiant would be easier to use and, again, you don't need the BW's bonus damage against bosses anyway because you'll be using the Piranha instead.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I like the Falcon on the Destroyer. The increased rate of fire and clip size means you'll stunlock everything and for all the time. Add Cryo ammo for added giggles. He's also got the Indra, which is also very, very good on a Destroyer.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
I can't get a destroyer, it's the last thing I don't have that I really want to play and it's killing me.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Nothing like opening a PSP and having both golds be something you've already got. I mean I appreciate the weapon upgrades and all but you can't say it isn't a little disappointing to basically get nothing new. Was really hoping for the Revenant or Turian Havoc. :(

IceG
Feb 7, 2006

Bigger than Hitler - Better than Christ

Goddamn playing a Vorcha soldier is so much fun, everything explodes and is on fire all the time. The only problem I found was getting too cocky after murdering a load of mooks!

Added myself to the sheet for some more crazy kroguard games some time :unsmith:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I set up a turian Soldier with the Disciple as a gimmick, and for the Commando Use challenge, then got strangely good at it. Smart Choke & Shredder Ammo, go for headshots. Marksmanship gets around the small clip with the instant reload. Most things went down with a couple of shots, one if I was lucky, and I ended up getting the high score in some public matches by a fair margin :shepface:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Insert name here posted:

Nothing like opening a PSP and having both golds be something you've already got. I mean I appreciate the weapon upgrades and all but you can't say it isn't a little disappointing to basically get nothing new. Was really hoping for the Revenant or Turian Havoc. :(

Just you wait until most of your PSPs give only consumables. Unlocking all the rares is truly both a blessing and a curse.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never tested it, but does putting a smart choke on a Reeger tighten the spread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

exquisite tea posted:

I've never tested it, but does putting a smart choke on a Reeger tighten the spread?

Nope.

• Locked thread