Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I caved and bought this on PC. Silueta86, add me and help me fill out my manifest and kill space monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Two Finger posted:

I caved and bought this on PC. Silueta86, add me and help me fill out my manifest and kill space monsters.

I'll try to show up a game or two, cause I'm actually having fun using low-level dudes with odd weapon choices dominate bronze. Unfortunately I have a huge work thing due Monday so not too much.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What's your ID?

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I just played a game with a sniping warlord. :what:

Edit: Finally joined the PC Master Race a few months ago, picked this game up again and I'm slowly getting all my guns and characters back. My Origin ID is PaulRevere3000 if any of you ever need an extra guy for gold.

Paul Revere 3000 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 12, 2014

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I just played a game with two AIUs, neither of which were usin a shotgun.

...so next round I rolled an AIU with a Crusader and out-scored them both :cool:

Also do people still hate BatSent? Earlier I was netting, shockwaving, and headpunching collectors with great results.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

sudonim posted:

Also do people still hate BatSent? Earlier I was netting, shockwaving, and headpunching collectors with great results.

People who hate the BatSent are fools and you should unfriend them immediately.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

sudonim posted:

People don't *hate* the batSent, he's just pretty mind compared to a) other Sentinals, and b) other Batarians.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

People don't *hate* the batSent, he's just pretty mind compared to a) other Sentinals, and b) other Batarians.
I've never gotten the love for BatSol since I've never been able to get great performance out him (which may be my playstyle). BatSent was more satisfying.

BatGuard and BatDept are monstrous though.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I went with smol's build; completely ignore blade armor, and max out the kinetic blades and inferno grenade. Layer with incendiary ammo. You then have a soldier who has a shotgun as an ability, one that does bleed damage, and a just insanely strong grenade to go with your soldier.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

sudonim posted:

I've never gotten the love for BatSol since I've never been able to get great performance out him (which may be my playstyle). BatSent was more satisfying.

BatGuard and BatDept are monstrous though.

He's very much a close quarters character. I usually roll a Wraith with a smart choke or sometimes a Claymore. The Wraith synergises really well with his cooldown times, the Claymore needs a little more finesse.
Also I like Blade Armour because it allows you to kill a Praetorian with the biggest :smug: in the world.
EDIT: Kishock is an acceptable alternative.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Batarian Sentinel is awesome, because

http://youtu.be/FurDCJLtqDw?t=17m

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I really love ME3 multiplayer because there's so much variety in the characters, and I'm super excited for the next ME game to see what they do with it.

The one thing that I loving hate however is the lovely hit detection in this game! Brutes will take you out with a swipe and not be anywhere near you, and don't get me started on the Praetorian laser beam attack.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Rough Lobster posted:

... and don't get me started on the Praetorian laser beam attack.

You mean the one that is designed to go through walls (but won't touch you if you're in active cover), and can still hurt you as they're dying? All of that is literally working as intended.

E: The assbeams are a pretty funny graphical/lag bug, though. :laugh:

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 15, 2014

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Brutes will only charge if they can hit you iirc so if you see it coming be prepared to avoid it even if it doesn't look like it will connect.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

El Mido posted:

Brutes will only charge if they can hit you iirc so if you see it coming be prepared to avoid it even if it doesn't look like it will connect.

Nah, on Palavan and Vancouver I frequently use the short barriers to make the brutes charge and get stuck for the duration of the charge.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah getting caught on level geometry is the main exception. Just shows how predictable and mostly harmless brutes are whereas I've seen a banshee warp under the staircase on London and then warp straight up to the upper floor and gank a teammate. :cawg:

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Banshee teleport-gank is dogshit. If I ever get instakilled by a brute or phatom or something, its irritating but I also know it was because I was up in their face at the wrong time. Banshees will wallhax through level geometry and kill you before you know where they're coming from.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Banshees aren't generally that big of a problem if you're hosting. But yeah, sometimes one teleports through a wall and grabs your rear end before you even know there was something behind you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All sync kills* are incredibly stupid for reasons that have already been beaten to death I'm sure, but the banshee one is easily the worst because they don't have to do a melee attack first. It's incredibly vague what their magical bullshit zone is with lag and teleporting, and it even seems to vary how much time you have to be in it before they send you to the penalty box for the rest of the wave.

*unless you count grabs as sync kills because grabs are the best thing in the game

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Praetorians are a drat close second, though. At least Phantoms have a distinct lead-up attack before their narrow sync-kill escape window telling you to dodge now. Far as I can tell, an Praetorian's escape window is roughly half an exhale with no lead-up attack to warn you you're about to get munched.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Serpentis posted:

Praetorians are a drat close second, though. At least Phantoms have a distinct lead-up attack before their narrow sync-kill escape window telling you to dodge now. Far as I can tell, an Praetorian's escape window is roughly half an exhale with no lead-up attack to warn you you're about to get munched.

A Praetorian has to do a melee attack first, but it's a pretty pointless requirement since their melee attack takes literally half a second, and will probably stun you so you couldn't get away even on the off chance you did try to dodge at the right time. I've even had one interrupt its attack animation to grab me, but that was probably just lag shaving a tenth of a second off of the half second animation.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
It's been a while since I've played but I remember banshees being pretty easy to juke. Unless they fixed it, banshees can't grab you as long as you're on a different level to them, like on a ramp.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Synonamess Botch posted:

It's been a while since I've played but I remember banshees being pretty easy to juke. Unless they fixed it, banshees can't grab you as long as you're on a different level to them, like on a ramp.
This is true but doesn't help when one teleports through a wall and up one floor to engage in nonconsensual fisting.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Another entry for the ME4 wishlist: one more enemy faction, "the indoctrinated." Face off against humans, turians, krogan, etc. who think they're doing the right thing by helping the reapers.

I thought of it because I kind of miss fighting normal races from ME2.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

God, I forgot how much I love this game. Been rolling a NovaGuard and I just had the best game with a Fury who instinctively understood WE ARE ALLIES. Everything exploded. Then two banshees grabbed us both at the same time.

Then I unlocked both a Tsol and a Kishock at the same time :getin:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

I picked up the last DLC I needed for my Paragon run in a recent sale, and I decided to try out the multiplayer. I'm kicking myself for not playing it when I did my Renegade run at release because it is really entertaining. One thing though - the Galactic Readiness rating decays too fast. I don't play any multiplayer for a couple days and it goes down by like 8%? Ah well, at least it gives me another reason (on top of it being just plain fun) to play more multiplayer :getin:

Also my weapon mod unlocks seem to be super lopsided. At least give me one rank in the ones I'm missing so I can use them! The character and weapon unlocks seem to be more evenly spread.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=owlpellet&platform=xbox

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

owl_pellet posted:

I picked up the last DLC I needed for my Paragon run in a recent sale, and I decided to try out the multiplayer. I'm kicking myself for not playing it when I did my Renegade run at release because it is really entertaining. One thing though - the Galactic Readiness rating decays too fast. I don't play any multiplayer for a couple days and it goes down by like 8%? Ah well, at least it gives me another reason (on top of it being just plain fun) to play more multiplayer :getin:

The readiness rating decays faster the higher up you go. Like you've noticed, going from 100% to 92 or 94 only takes a couple days, but going from 60% to 53% would take a week or more. So don't give a poo poo about maintaining it unless there's something in the singleplayer game you want to get it up for (like talking to Hackett about how the war's going, or the endgame), and even in those cases you just max out right before switching over to SP.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Felinoid posted:

The readiness rating decays faster the higher up you go. Like you've noticed, going from 100% to 92 or 94 only takes a couple days, but going from 60% to 53% would take a week or more. So don't give a poo poo about maintaining it unless there's something in the singleplayer game you want to get it up for (like talking to Hackett about how the war's going, or the endgame), and even in those cases you just max out right before switching over to SP.

It's funny having your MP war assets outweigh shephard's crew, the crucible, the entire turian race, etc.

"well we fought real hard to unite the races and cure the genophage, which was nice, but our most powerful weapon against the reapers is this volus who punches like a batarian"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Someone post that comic of skoolmunkee's where ten billion bright pink Krogans swarm a Reaper

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It's funny having your MP war assets outweigh shephard's crew, the crucible, the entire turian race, etc.

"well we fought real hard to unite the races and cure the genophage, which was nice, but our most powerful weapon against the reapers is this volus who punches like a batarian"

I'll add this to the circular file as to what is wrong with ME3 -

Another thing: I now realize that the reapers are even more derivative than I first thought. Issac Asimov's Foundation series deals a fair bit with indoctrination, in a way that is about a million times for satisfying and intelligent than Mass Effect.

Also Superman and the Justice League have a enemy named Brainiac, who is this hyper-intelligent robot who consumes all sources of knowledge on a planet, and then destroys it. It's bad when your idea is derived from a Superman villain who was derived from an old episode of Star Trek

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bioware are hardly known for their revolutionary plots. They do make well-scripted characters and tight gameplay though.
I mean ME2 is widely considered the best of the series and the plot of that ranges from unlikely to ridiculous.
I'm willing to accept the bad storyline because it meant space explosions.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Felinoid posted:

I'm pretty sure it's 3% a day, but I'd have to double check by playing.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Rick_Hunter posted:

I'm pretty sure it's 3% a day, but I'd have to double check by playing.

At the top, yes. At the bottom, no. I've had friends come back from month-plus hiatuses to find they were still in the 50s or 60s. I've done the same once (when a series of games had me completely enthralled) and came back to a 53. If it were just a flat 3% a day, you'd bottom out at 50 in two and a half weeks.

E: I think it gets down to 1% a day somewhere in the 70s, but it's been a while since I tested it so I'm not 100% sure on that.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 29, 2014

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

This is probably a dumb question but I played in a silver game recently and when the match was over I had about 2.5 million credits; so it was obviously a hacked game. Am I going to get banned?

Turbonerd
Feb 18, 2014

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

This is probably a dumb question but I played in a silver game recently and when the match was over I had about 2.5 million credits; so it was obviously a hacked game. Am I going to get banned?

Nope, not a chance. Bans haven't been handed out since Bioware ended development in 2013. Have fun with your spacebux.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Speaking of which, lately if I've been playing at all it has been with a bunch of Russian girls (and a token beer guzzling Russian infantryman) with the 200% mooks hax0red binary. Meaning, if someone didn't read my last post about this, you get 200% more space monsters, mostly mooks. Otherwise the game works the same. I tried a regular game and the map was so... empty. And the rounds so... short.

We usually Gold it up, but sometimes (or if there's just two players) it's fun to take a Harrier, Saber or Hurricane or whatever with AP IV and go to town slaughtering dozens of space monsters in huge piles.

drat. Someone should rig a Zombie Apocalypse binary with endless hordes of Husks. Or Marauder Invasion. Even with the 200% we had a pretty wild game in London, with the whole team covering behind the sand bag hack area shooting Typhoons and other machine guns, and the game repeatedly just spawning 16 Marauders at us which also fire streams of tracer like fire. It was a scene straight out of some Vietnam or WW2 movie.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ligur posted:

drat. Someone should rig a Zombie Apocalypse binary with endless hordes of Husks

A natural addition to a franchise filled with robot zombies.

http://youtu.be/IyW2ZtdOSMQ

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ligur posted:

Speaking of which, lately if I've been playing at all it has been with a bunch of Russian girls (and a token beer guzzling Russian infantryman) with the 200% mooks hax0red binary. Meaning, if someone didn't read my last post about this, you get 200% more space monsters, mostly mooks. Otherwise the game works the same. I tried a regular game and the map was so... empty. And the rounds so... short.

We usually Gold it up, but sometimes (or if there's just two players) it's fun to take a Harrier, Saber or Hurricane or whatever with AP IV and go to town slaughtering dozens of space monsters in huge piles.

drat. Someone should rig a Zombie Apocalypse binary with endless hordes of Husks. Or Marauder Invasion. Even with the 200% we had a pretty wild game in London, with the whole team covering behind the sand bag hack area shooting Typhoons and other machine guns, and the game repeatedly just spawning 16 Marauders at us which also fire streams of tracer like fire. It was a scene straight out of some Vietnam or WW2 movie.

I was always jealous of the walking dead hordes of reaper zombies when I played on 360, but now that Im playing on PC I have no idea how to do this type of mod.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
One of the sadder things about playing ME3 MP right now is the connection issues. Hey, at this point I like to play with my internet ME3 friends only, ok, not pubbies, I have all the stuff already so no need to grind with mute morons? But alas.

I swear that back in 2012/2013 you could connect with anyone anywhere most of the time. But as soon as they stopped supporting the game (but publishing Origin client upgrades weekly), it has gone from bad to worse. Sure, I can still find a 4 player game with pubbies in a jiffy, not bad, but for example today a group of three of us simply quit because none of us could connect to each others no matter who hosted.

Every week the client keeps dropping more of the few fun players I have on my list from connecting to me or the other way around, now there's very few left, and at this point, it won't take long none of us can connect with each other :(

Also nice Husk mod thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

That's been going on since the beginning. The default answer is "open all these ports" (I forget which they are), but that only works until the next time it decides to randomly blacklist connection with that person again and then you're out of luck. The only way to get around it is to have someone who you can both connect to host a game, and then all three of you can play together, but that obviously depends on there being a third person you both can connect to and all three of you wanting to play at the same time.

• Locked thread