Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, the longer load times and disconnect problems are primarily why I switched to PC. The ability to cheat in credits/full ability points definitely sweetened the pot, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I only used the raptor to get achievements and thought it was complete garbage.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The Raptor is a good gun, it's just not really a sniper rifle. It's a Mattock with a built-in scope, pretty much.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's half decent with an autofire macro, turns it into an assault rifle. There are much better weapons to use for sure, but if it's all you've got you can get by with it in Gold matches. And I'm not talking "smol" get by either, I'm talking mere mortal get by. Just use a power to stagger them and rain down the headshots.

I justify the use of autofire on things like the raptor and mattock on the grounds that getting RSI is way worse than cheating a little bit in a video game.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If upgrading the Mattock will reduce its weight significantly, I'll probably switch. Then again, hopefully I'll pick up the Disciple or upgrade the Eviscerator for my Vanguard.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I play on 360 so no autofire for me.

As for weight there is a bug that can help with that.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I play on 360 so no autofire for me.

As for weight there is a bug that can help with that.

We got an autofire fix for the Mattock though...

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I don't recall, does the AR piercing mod stack with the high velocity barrel? Do those two stack with AP and drill ammo?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

We got an autofire fix for the Mattock though...

I like it on the Batarian soldier but not much else.

All piercing mods stack.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Potential BFF posted:

I don't recall, does the AR piercing mod stack with the high velocity barrel? Do those two stack with AP and drill ammo?

Yes, it stacks to 100%, but you're kind of wasting a mod if you want to bypass enemies' damage reduction. If you're trying to shoot through walls though stack the poo poo out of it (and use a Javelin).

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Javelin shenanigans were what I had in mind. Well, that and plonking both mods on a Sabre.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
As an aside, for awhile I was trying the Avenger X since it keeps a 200% recharge rate, but I was getting killed for no other reason than I was standing still pouring bullets into armored enemies. Maybe I should try it again with the piercing mod.

Or just get better weapons.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

As an aside, for awhile I was trying the Avenger X since it keeps a 200% recharge rate, but I was getting killed for no other reason than I was standing still pouring bullets into armored enemies. Maybe I should try it again with the piercing mod.

Or just get better weapons.

Pour bullets from the safety of a corner- either in soft cover - (just standing behind the corner and only exposing your gun hand/right side ) or hard cover ("snapped" to actual cover for damage redcution).

Also useful- Just Dodge it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKujtT2BAYc

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You sure do need a lot of credits to get decent gear in this game. It sure is a lot harder when every other game you lose connection to the server, or the game just freezes, or whatever. And you lose all your credits.

Start system.

Start game.

Play through several Platinum waves.

PS3 crashes.

Restart system.

Start game.

Join Gold mission.

Lose connection to server.

Should I even bother? Seriously, should I even bother?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 12, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Buy the game on PC.

Download cheat engine and autohotkey.

Give yourself a few billion credits.

Let ahk open up all those packs while you watch a movie.

Enjoy!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Smol posted:

Buy the game on PC.

Download cheat engine and autohotkey.

Give yourself a few billion credits.

Let ahk open up all those packs while you watch a movie.

Enjoy!

sounds like a plan... now I just need to actually buy ME3 for PC :P

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
And own a PC.

I do like this Hurricane though.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

well I finally caved and grabbed ME3 for pc. man it's a fun little blast from the past

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

You sure do need a lot of credits to get decent gear in this game. It sure is a lot harder when every other game you lose connection to the server, or the game just freezes, or whatever. And you lose all your credits.

Start system.

Start game.

Play through several Platinum waves.

PS3 crashes.

Restart system.

Start game.

Join Gold mission.

Lose connection to server.

Should I even bother? Seriously, should I even bother?
I still play on PS3 from time to time if you want to try and get together to get you some credits. I'll ask the usual questions: are you running off wifi or hardwired? Are you hosting games? ME3 will hardlock my system after several hours of playtime (only in SP though, I think it's a memory leak of some kind).

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So I've come back to give this another whirl.

Forgot how drat fun this game can be.

Mgamerz
Jan 31, 2016
So I made it so there are geth juggernaut like enemies from ME1: https://youtu.be/OWiQt1TF3G8

cailleask
May 6, 2007

I started playing again a week or two ago and I was amazed by how easy it is to get into games and how many fewer horrible players there are. Pugged gold matches have been downright pleasant!

Hit me up on Steam! It's the same as my SA name.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the Turian Cabal is garbage right? Or am I just stupid and unskilled?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't like using it but it is fine. Are you hosting?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Do you have the Geth Beer Goggles? They are key to being a wallhacking terror.

And seconding hosting. Rule # of Vanguarding in MP, Always Be Hosting.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Have you tried the heavy melee? It's pretty great.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You have to play it on host as it is extra-finicky, and yeah, it's not especially powerful.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Have you tried the heavy melee? It's pretty great.

this and
ALWAYS
BIOTIC
FOCUS

40% shield regen, 0.5s of invulnerabilty time, and a melee boost.

That is good!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yes I was soloing silver. easily done with the slayer but with the cabal I just cant crack it. I really do rely on the "infinite" range and shield refill of the biotic charge so I have no idea how to use the cabal's poison strike

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Remember to use a Geth Scanner on the Cabal. Heavy attacking mooks through walls is one of its greatest strengths.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

yes I was soloing silver. easily done with the slayer but with the cabal I just cant crack it. I really do rely on the "infinite" range and shield refill of the biotic charge so I have no idea how to use the cabal's poison strike

Poison strike I usually only use as a mobility tool. Get at or away from certain enemies, through walls or wherever. Its damage isn't enough to use as a showcase attack.

With Cabal, you're usually going to rely on your heavy melee and some shotgunning to take out guys. I generally don't solo with them because they just don't have elite abilities to take out the heavier enemies, but they're fun as hell in a group. Between teleporting and the shield recharger you're pretty hard to kill unless you forget to keep moving.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

FYI, Kalence will go down on August 1, 2016 so there'll be no more ME3 character builder.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#1!!!!

I found this out when I trying to recreate my Cabal Vanguard for the thread :smith:

Edit: I can't recall since I haven't turned my 360 on in a year but this is what I think I ran. It could decap a phantom after a shot from the acolyte.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#60!2304585!4806525!23N56384!.F0E85

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 21, 2016

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Heavy melee > shotgun with incendiary ammo > poison strike to detonate works a treat for the cabal vanguard. Spraying some nightshade blades into groups and running around with biotic focus up is good too.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rick_Hunter posted:

FYI, Kalence will go down on August 1, 2016 so there'll be no more ME3 character builder.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#1!!!!

I found this out when I trying to recreate my Cabal Vanguard for the thread :smith:

Edit: I can't recall since I haven't turned my 360 on in a year but this is what I think I ran. It could decap a phantom after a shot from the acolyte.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#60!2304585!4806525!23N56384!.F0E85

Wonder if it'd be possible to make a copy of it somewhere else?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Wonder if it'd be possible to make a copy of it somewhere else?

Probably, but it's someone else's code. I'd at least ask for permission. Also, I can't code.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Did this get changed any in the last few years?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IXIX posted:

Did this get changed any in the last few years?

Nah, I think the last change was in 2013. Hasn't really needed much anyway.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Does anyone still play this game?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Kalence got moved.

http://kalence.weebly.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Silver Alicorn posted:

Does anyone still play this game?

yes

• Locked thread