Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Looks like someone already transferred the ME3 MP resource library to another site:

http://isitaboutmycube.com/shelter/resourcelibraries/topic/467220-the-me3-mp-resource-library/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I made pack opening script in AutoHotKey if anyone's interested. Start on the store page and let it run. You can also rewrite it to adjust the loop and change which packs to open.

You may have to fiddle with the X and Y coordinates, or otherwise adjust to resolution to 1028x760 and open the game in a window rather than fullscreen.

Hm, for whatever reason I can't get it to work. I tried it both with your settings and with my normal resolution. I have the file on my desktop and right-click on it and choose Run Script, right? I did that and then click onto the ME3 frame but nothing is happening. I know the file is running, though, because when I try to run it again it asks if I want to replace the currently running version.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Assuming you have AHK installed, you can right click and select Run Script or just double click if you have .ahk's assigned to AutoHotKey in Default Programs. Your mouse should be moving if you use the button combinations defined in the file. Ctrl + M is the main loop that moves the mouse to open packs repeatedly, Ctrl + Shift + M executes the mouse movements for one pack open, and Ctrl + N is a test that does no clicking, only moving the mouse to the positions defined in the variables at the top of the file.

It probably would've been smarter for me to define resolution width and height variables and then define all the other button position variables as proportions of the resolution. Maybe I'll fix it later and upload a new file. Or you could manually fiddle with the x and y values yourself.

If your mouse doesn't move after clicking one of the defined button combinations, then you need to either update AHK or it's not attaching to the ME3 process for some reason. Or it could be an OS thing (I tested the script on win7)

kalel fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 14, 2016

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

:doh:

I wasn't using the combinations to start the script. Thanks. Still need to work with the X,Y values, but that gets me started. Thanks!

Edit: Okay, made it work. Changing the pack to Premium Spectre did nothing though (still scrolled to Reserves Pack though I changed the selected pack to 4). Also in the code for ^n it doesn't have the "Back" button for testing. I added it and was able to fix the coordinates afterward just fine.

mastajake fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 14, 2016

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Can someone explain what is going on with the speed on some PC matches? I've already soloed plat and done about what I do on PS3, so I know my skills aren't diminishing, but maybe my senses are or something else is going on? I've been in several matches where the enemies just move too fast and fire too fast. I see where there are ways to edit the coalesced bin and change enemy speed and other things, but how does that work? Is one guy on the game doing that enough to mess with it for everybody, or does it have to be the host?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

My Q-Face posted:

Can someone explain what is going on with the speed on some PC matches? I've already soloed plat and done about what I do on PS3, so I know my skills aren't diminishing, but maybe my senses are or something else is going on? I've been in several matches where the enemies just move too fast and fire too fast. I see where there are ways to edit the coalesced bin and change enemy speed and other things, but how does that work? Is one guy on the game doing that enough to mess with it for everybody, or does it have to be the host?

It's harder than consoles, full stop.

Mouse + Keyboard is way better than controller, so typically PC versions of shooters lose auto-aim help and enemies are sped up.

I imagine anyway. Never played THIS game on console, but just in general.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Pander posted:

It's harder than consoles, full stop.

Mouse + Keyboard is way better than controller, so typically PC versions of shooters lose auto-aim help and enemies are sped up.

Well yeah, and I've been fine with that for the most part, some matches I can top score and some I'm average on, and my headshot count has never been higher (playing as an Asari Adept with stasis bubble and a headshot gun is actually worth it now!) but I've noticed it sped up even between plat matches with different hosts: no shield gates, Dragoons who shoot me dead even before their whip animation finishes, Primes practically running across a room, firing off their Missile barrage with no cool down, being revived with full health at the end of a round, and at one point I revived and somehow had 999 rounds on my pistol.

It's not just harder, there are known mods and cheats for the game, I'm just wondering how much is the natural game and how much is me3tweaks and mods, and how does that whole mess work?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

My Q-Face posted:

A lot of the world state checks in multiplayer depend on the host's frame rate; high frame rates make the enemies aim faster and dodge faster, and they can cause your health and shields to regenerate slower (depending on rounding). The difference isn't that bad when the default 60 FPS cap is active, but if the host mods the game and runs it at 240 FPS, everyone's gonna have a bad time.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, all of that sounds like you got a host using mods.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
PC is always easier than console and I don't know how you could come to the opposite conclusion. Aiming with an Xbox joystick is garbage compared to the control you have with a mouse.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Tezcatlipoca posted:

PC is always easier than console and I don't know how you could come to the opposite conclusion. Aiming with an Xbox joystick is garbage compared to the control you have with a mouse.

Right. Which is why the PC and console versions are different, to account for that. Faster enemies on PC where you can aim quicker, slower enemies on console where you can't. So technically PC is the "harder" version, though on the balance with the better aim it can end up easier on the player.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

My Q-Face posted:

Well yeah, and I've been fine with that for the most part, some matches I can top score and some I'm average on, and my headshot count has never been higher (playing as an Asari Adept with stasis bubble and a headshot gun is actually worth it now!) but I've noticed it sped up even between plat matches with different hosts: no shield gates, Dragoons who shoot me dead even before their whip animation finishes, Primes practically running across a room, firing off their Missile barrage with no cool down, being revived with full health at the end of a round, and at one point I revived and somehow had 999 rounds on my pistol.

It's not just harder, there are known mods and cheats for the game, I'm just wondering how much is the natural game and how much is me3tweaks and mods, and how does that whole mess work?

Oh some of that is definitely mods. I thought it was general "consoles were like this, PC like this" kind of thing. Nah sometimes some hosts run really weird mods. I've run into a few zombie mods, where every enemy is an abomination or husk.

Some of the other stuff can happen in laggy environments, like shots hitting so bunched it can effectively ignore shield gate, although if it's not lag then, again, mod. Kind of a weird thing to mod though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Felinoid posted:

Right. Which is why the PC and console versions are different, to account for that. Faster enemies on PC where you can aim quicker, slower enemies on console where you can't. So technically PC is the "harder" version, though on the balance with the better aim it can end up easier on the player.

Ah okay I see what you're saying.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

So the way around is to host myself and not use mods then?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

So the way around is to host myself and not use mods then?

Yeah, that'll work. You could also just back out whenever things feel hinky.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Playing the game at 144Hz is a lot of fun though!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Well apparently you can get Banshee Hoovered while soloing as host on PC :shepicide:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

My Q-Face posted:

Well apparently you can get Banshee Hoovered while soloing as host on PC :shepicide:

Was that not a thing on the consoles?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's much worse off host but still happens so I don't know why he's surprised.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Eh, it seems to be a regular thing on PC, and a lot more sudden, while on PS3 I rarely got pulled back to a Banshee when hosting.

Oh, and once again, nothing beats an Asari Commando squad.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
All Dell All the Time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

My Q-Face posted:

Eh, it seems to be a regular thing on PC, and a lot more sudden, while on PS3 I rarely got pulled back to a Banshee when hosting.

Oh, and once again, nothing beats an Asari Commando squad.

That's racist bro.

#Vanguardlivesmatter

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Charging and spewing grenades is the best way to play platinum.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone on pc at the moment? I could be keen for a few rounds in an hour or so

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Still hoping Andromeda will have MP a third as good as this one. Just put the 360 into a box. Good night, old friend.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
I hope they make the new rocket jump into the new nova blast. :getin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

goddamn banshees are lethal on a not so good connection

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

So if I'm playing a game with a host who is modded, does that mean the points/medals/extractions I earn in that game don't count towards my total?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I don't see why it wouldn't count. I would play games with infinite health/ammo and stuff would count.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I'm just wondering, because I'm pretty sure I've had extractions and medals not counted towards my challenges.

And I just realized that some of them were biohazard reactor levels.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm almost at Best-of-the-Best, having just the three Melee medals, the three Over-Cover Grab medals, and a few more Centurion and Guardian kills to finish up.

What are some of the better melee characters? I'm using Krogan Soldier and I like it a lot more than the Warlord, but I'd like some variety.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I'm always partial to the Turian Cabal for melee. The poison synergy is just kinda neat, and the incredible mobility makes it a lot more fun than the sluggish krogans.

The Battlemaster is the classic melee bruiser, but the threat of insta-kills makes him weaker than you'd hope for on gold/plat (especially plat).

It's inefficient, but melee Geth Primes are very tanky since killing stuff restores your shield with heavy melee. It kills your mobility though, so the boss mobs can surround and gently caress you up, especially banshees. On silver it's basically unkillable.

Busting out the ninja sword and decapitating fools is pretty fun. Decaps prevent the inferno husks from exploding, which makes the sword heavy melee fantastic against the collectors (uh except against praetorians).

The AIU is another fun melee build, although it's not that common since it's not as good as a shotgun build. Best at wiping the floor with mooks, then you soften up the boss mobs with cryo-blast for your teammates using armor-piercing.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Krogan Sentinel. A good backhand and a pile of Lift Grenades is all you need to take on the galaxy.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

El Mido posted:

Krogan Sentinel. A good backhand and a pile of Lift Grenades is all you need to take on the galaxy.

I kinda assumed if he was tired of the Soldier, he's tired of the other similar variants.

OH I forgot the best one! BATARIAN HEADPUNCHER

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
You're right, I'm not reading clearly. :geno:

In that case try the Turian Havoc Soldier. Basically a vanguard in the soldier slot and you can do the wombo combo of Havoc Strike > Heavy Melee.

Or, a Volus Vanguard with the Batarian Gauntlet is also a favourite.

Or hell, if you're just trying to rack up the melee kills, the Talon Engineer specced for arrows will do you just fine.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

What are some of the better melee characters? I'm using Krogan Soldier and I like it a lot more than the Warlord, but I'd like some variety.
1. Turian Havoc as a knockoff Human Vanguard. Strike -> Melee and stim when you need shields. The invuln window on the Strike is surprisingly generous. 3500 damage with SE3 + shotgun omni

2. Vorcha Soldier with long-range flamer for armored bosses. You don't care about power recharge and it gives you a reason to use shield gate mods rather than cyclonics. 3600 damage with SE3 + shotgun omni

3. Asariguard with a Disciple for RP/weight purposes. Hurl yourself at enemies like a plumb fool because charge will bail you out. Stasis/Lift Grenades to taste. 2300 AoE damage with SE3 + shotgun omni

4. Batarian Sentinel with a Graal. Does the most non-Krogan melee damage but no mobility so yer hosed if everyone dies and you need to kite multiple bosses. 4600 damage with SE3 + shotgun omni

And if you get tired of running away from armored sync-killers:

5. Double-shot armor killer N7 Infil with something light. Your first strike is basically free so you can be very dumb and still live by sucking shields from random mooks with your second strike. I believe the melee mods affect shadow strike as well as regular melee but I don't want to gainsay the calculator because it's been a while since I checked in on the metagame.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 14, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Don't think anyone mentioned the batguard yet. Charging and charge punching is tonna fun. The Krogan Sentinel is my go-to melee build though.

Just remember to get a good shotgun (optimally Wraith or Claymore) with some incendiary ammo for bosses.

Smol fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 18, 2016

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I'm almost at Best-of-the-Best, having just the three Melee medals, the three Over-Cover Grab medals, and a few more Centurion and Guardian kills to finish up.

Batarian Vanguard for the best Hate Surfing, charge and hold heavy melee while in mid-air for fun times.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
So after roughly 600 hours in this game between PC and Xbox, I just now realized I can put a batarian gauntlet on a volus. Is there a build that exists to make the orneriest beachball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Tasoth posted:

So after roughly 600 hours in this game between PC and Xbox, I just now realized I can put a batarian gauntlet on a volus. Is there a build that exists to make the orneriest beachball?

Probably the Vanguard with the Melee Synergy evolution on Charge and so on.

• Locked thread