Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.
Operation: Piñata

Kai Leng has been defeated by Commander Shepard and his brother Kool Leng is out looking for revenge. Watch out, this guy is trouble! Like, if you thought one katana was dangerous, this guy has two omni-taped together! Holy smokes!

Squad Goal: Deal enough damage that Kool Leng retreats in a puff of smoke and candy.
Allied Goal: Don't write mean things about our villains on the internet. We try dammit! :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Burning Mustache posted:

If there ever was an operation that was doomed to fail before it even started ...

B-but if you win your victory pack has an authentic Mac Walters hat cosmetic item for all your characters. The gaming media says it looks dapper and cool... :ohdear:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Mr Dog posted:

I kinda want an Indra and a Saber because those are literally the only two guns I do not have (well and the Collector Rifle obv)

The saber is so loving good. Put an extended barrel and piercing mod on it and it basically turns into a railgun. The weight is kind of high, but I just use it on the Destroyer since cooldowns don't mean poo poo with that class.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

quote:

Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.

I'm curious what a Dragoon is and how far across the map it can sync-kill you. :stare:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

It wasn't listed in the patch notes but I swear shockwave is more reliable than it used to be; it cascades down to lower surfaces now and doesn't bug out halfway through the game. BatSent is an absolute monster when paired with another caster.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Zoran posted:

You mean it doesn't bug out even when you take the Radius evolution?

I took the upgrade that doubles the length it cascades and that worked perfectly for all 11 waves. Was radius what made it bug out? I thought it was shockwave in general.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

LogicNinja posted:

I'm pretty sure if Scifi Technology can explain Blue-Glowing Space Wizards, it can explain Volus Vanguards.

With Volus being obscenely wealthy I'm sure they can afford to outfit their soldiers with the highest class armor and biotic amps. It doesn't put them anywhere near the Krogan or the Turians, but it's good enough to fight.

Goddamn is there some delicious schadenfreude over this on the BSN. The anti-Volus butthurt is palpable. :mmmsmug:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Retaliation is up on the Xbox marketplace. It wasn't showing up for me under new releases but if you search by game title it's on there with the rest of the ME3 DLC. Also, the little blurb mentions Volus, that's really happening. :getin:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

poo poo, how many customization slots does the volus have? Please tell me none.

3: Secondary, pattern, and lights.

Mr Dog posted:

Is "Shield Boost" like an Ops Pack power? This could be interesting...

Basically. It refills your shields (but not health) for yourself and any teammates near you.

Also, the update changed up some of the maps. I just did a round on Firebase White and there's a new hallway attached to that room at the top of the stairs that connects to the farming room. RIP in peace FBW/G/G. :911:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Wonder if anybody's assembled a list of the titles and banner graphics yet, I don't play enough to expect that I'll get all of them eventually but it'd be nice to work towards a cool one!

If you sign in with the new N7 manifest app it displays all the titles and which challenges you need to unlock them.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

The Sean posted:

I have a question:

My xbox live subscription ran out this past weekend but not before I completed the bi-weekly challenge. If I use a 2-day pass will I still be able to redeem my reward packs or do you have to maintain your live subscription when the packs are sent out in the middle of the week?

I ask because EA pretty much plays by their own rules and I can never predict them.

You can still enter the MP menu to edit characters and use the store when you're silver, it just doesn't let you join matches. So yeah, you can still redeem your packs.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

The Slithery D posted:

I just realized the only weapons I don't have unlocked are the Harrier, Particle Rifle, Hurricane, and Collector SMG. Expect the latter to have its damage tripled if I somehow don't pull one in the next 48 hours.

The Collector SMG is absolutely terrible, you're not missing anything. For the record I'm one of those insane people that doesn't hate the Eagle, even before it got buffed. Even the shittier guns have some niche build they can work with but the CSMG is so, so bad. It expends all its ammo in about two seconds and then you're stuck in a five second reload animation that you can't cancel out of, all the while you're getting shot to pieces.

The Harrier and Hurricane own bones though, better start praying to the RNG god that fortune shall smile upon you.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Rick posted:

Even with Halo 4 out and in my possession I'm still going to ME3 when I want to play multiplayer. I'm really surprised this happened. My only regret is that I basically wasted my money on the Gears of War season pass because I had so much more fun with this and I used to be all about Gears before.

I love that the main antagonist in Halo 4 is voiced by Harbinger and Femshep is the one giving you orders in Spartan Ops. It's impossible to get away from this series. :shepface:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Nordick posted:

If you get the timing right, you can shoot someone with the blades and then falcon punch them just as the blades go off, so it'll look like you're punching the guy so hard he explodes to bloody chunks! :haw:

brb, making a Kenshiro build Batarian and naming him Tough Boy.

And for content, I took the Argus for a spin for the second time since I unlocked it (now at X). I remember the first time it would spray all over the place, even shooting from cover, but with a stability mod it becomes pretty drat accurate and you can wade into crowds mowing down mooks. This is what the Revenant wishes it could be. :zaeed:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Tremors posted:

I hope for thanksgiving they replace the hack/delivery items with turkeys like they did with the halloween pumpkins.

IIRC when the game got datamined right after release they found other seasonal objects in the game files so turkeys and Christmas trees are probably going to make an appearance. I hope the banner has aliens in those silly pilgrim buckle hats. :3:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

I got sync killed by a Brute while playing as a Volus and bounced like ten feet into the air after death. Death by chaos dunk. :stare:

I'm impressed at how gold viable Volus are. Focusing purely on low cooldowns so you can endlessly spam shield boost and play combat medic is surprisingly fun and tense. All he needs is an ubercharge power and it would be perfect. :getin:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Alteisen posted:

He's fantastic on the waves where you got a ton of armored poo poo rushing you since he allows everyone to tank really well. Also following a kroguard around is like god mode for the krogan.

I'm always hesitant to play Volus among vanguards figuring they're going to zip away and I'll have to go chasing after. The high HP classes definitely seem to benefit more in tanking though. Last round I played was two Havocs and a Geth and they held their ground pretty well until the sync kill happened.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Felinoid posted:

Tried the Raider out today and wow that's a boss-killer with the heavy barrel and choke. :stare: If I ever tried out the GethInf again (unlikely), that's the weapon I'd go for.

E: Oh, and Hurricane VIII. :smug:

Hurricane VIII smug club itt :smug::hf::smug:

The Raider pairs nice with BatVanguard too. You'll be up close anyway punching skulls in, might as well bring a gun suited for that.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The real question is why with so many redundant powers in MP they haven't implemented either Slam or Defense Drone. Are they saving them for a rainy day or something?

I seem to recall a Bioware dev saying Slam wouldn't work in MP for whatever reason. What I'd really like to see is Flare from the Omega DLC. :unsmigghh:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Felinoid posted:

Surprisingly many at this point. Poor salarians have been ignored, though. :(

E: Now I want to see a Salarian Sentinel with Defensive Matrix.

If that next DLC really happens they have to give us Salarain STG classes along with that badass STG shotgun that fires grenades. :getin: It would be interesting if there was a spec option that gave new Salarians that Volus cloak in place of light melee. It's not like the squishy races use melee too often anyway, having an 'oh poo poo' button not tied to cooldowns would be more useful for getting out of tight situations.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Houdini posted:

Id like another human dlc that adds all the dumb armour sets. Collector armour soldier or reckoner armour vanguard would rule.

Proest of the pro N7 dudes rock the pink Phoneix armor, FYI. :sax:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Seconding Turian Infiltrator. He's got the mobility and abilities to pretty much live forever. Pop stim packs whenever you think you're going to die and make a cloaked supply run whenever you need more ammo or stims. I like to spec cloak for more duration too so you have the flexibility to run through mobs and reposition if things get too dicey or to take point as the designated disarm guy for four device objectives.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Burning Mustache posted:

By the way, do we know whether there will be a weekend operation this week? Surely Bioware are back from their holidays?

They're back in the office. We should be getting a weekend event, they just didn't have time for balance changes this week. They also said the hazard maps are staying unlocked for good.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Operation GENESIS (Jan 11th-13th)

Event Description: Genesis does what Nintendon't

Individual Goal: Color your volus vanguard blue and name him sonic. Zip around the map at super speed and roll a lot. You may also color a Volus red and waddle everywhere like Dr. Robotnik.

Reward: a batarian that looks like knuckles

A Geth named BLAST PROCESSING is also acceptable.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

JoeRules posted:

New to ME3 multiplayer here - I am near the end of the single player and wanted to boost my readiness rating before the end of the game, but I'm finding online to be a blast. If I've read right, when I hit level 20 I can "promote" my character - will doing that reset my Galactic Readiness Rating?

There's two components to your score: the war assets you find in single player that show up on the war room computer and the galactic readiness multiplier. Promoting your character adds points to your war assets (75 per character I believe), and playing games online raises galactic readiness, which is the percentage your assets are multiplied by to give the total. So, say you had 100 war assets but a 75% galactic readiness, your effective assets would only be 75. It really doesn't change much for the ending though, so don't pay it much mind. The ending that requires the most war assets is widely regarded as the worst one FYI. :shepface:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

I'm just going to join some Collector games and intentionally wait for Possessed Abominations to get close to my teammates before killing them.

Cooking them in the reactor works too. :unsmigghh:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Tremors posted:

That's more of a space hammer than an axe. :colbert:

The leak mentioned Bioware adding more gamemodes. Clearly the hammer is for the Krogan version of Grifball. :thurman:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

DrNutt posted:

So I just read the last few pages of this thread after not playing the MP for at least six months or so, and god drat. It sounds like it's going to be really intimidating to fire this back up. Anything huge I should know other than new classes/maps? I basically haven't really played since the first MP expansion was released.

-Collectors got added as a new faction
-Geth and Cerberus got buffed with new enemy types made to counter their old weaknesses
-the last update changed Glacier and White so they aren't 24/7 farming like the old days
-there's a new difficulty beyond Gold where you fight three factions at once
-they added a gear slot where you can equip a reusable piece of equipment to go along with consumables
-the last four updates added a fuckton of new stuff to unlock, but there are also new item packs that let you roll for guns or characters with higher odds

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

quote:

Operation: FIRESTORM (Feb 1st-3rd)

Event Description: The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Squad Goal: Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward: Commendation Pack

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Elotana posted:

I don't save credits because I'm trying to max my URs. I'm perfectly content with taking a week or so to get all the stuff from a new patch.

I read somewhere that the UR drop rate is higher on days new DLC is released. No idea if that's accurate but I'm hoarding credits to blow on launch day just in case.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Hopper posted:

So apparently the last patch removed the Acolyte's loading delay again?
That's suddenly a ver powerful pistol.

It's only temporary. They're adding back the charge in the next week or so.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

DrNutt posted:

How long does it take before you start earning banners and poo poo anyway? I started playing last week for the first time since this stuff came out, and I've looked into my challenges but I don't see anything other than vague listings and percentages. I want some swag.

Each challenge has a number of sub-challenges you have to complete to get the banner. You don't have to complete every single one, just the number listed. The engineering/biotic challenges go by the fastest if you want one right away. It's the 'do 200 waves as X class' one that are grindy as gently caress.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Psion posted:

It was always great at mowing down hordes of grunts so that's no different buff or no buff, but this might give it an actual spot at the "can kill a boss" table like every other sniper worth using. You know, "not a Raptor or Incisor."

what I'm not seeing is a DLC announcement, Bioware. Ahem.

Trailers always come out on Thursdays. I'm betting on an announcement in two days and a DLC release next Tuesday.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

dazoner posted:

The real question is why didn't they ever add Protheans?

BSN's bitching and sperging over :qq:my canon:qq: when they added playable Volus was so bad I shudder to imagine what would happen if they added Protheans. I wish they'd write some half assed blog post to justify it and add them anyway. Suddenly finding a million Prothean warriors frozen in some building on Feros is still less retarded than synthesis. :v:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Based on this discussion, I think the best bet for the new DLC is the introduction of all types of hats. Krogan Adept with a Native American headdress :madmax: It doesn't break lore, they just stopped by the hat store at the Citadel.

And just like that the Reaper War grinds to a halt. Organics and Synthetics put aside their feud for the sake of bartering over trillbys and fezes and oversized novelty sombreros.

I would pay cold hard MS funbux for a set of stunner shades to equip on my Batarians.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Schubalts posted:

gently caress Marauders.

I swear Marauders are the biggest trolls in the game. They just love to camp your corpse and stagger you the goddamn second you stand up, usually dooming you to go down again. So yeah, gently caress Marauders forever ('cept Marauder Shields, he's a p. cool dude).

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Felinoid posted:

Wait, Assault Rifle Omni-Blade? Don't we already have that from about two DLCs ago?

It was a typo. They changed it to AR ultralight materials.

Seeing as this is officially the end of the line I wonder when they'll say 'gently caress it' and raise the missile/medi-gel/ops pack/thermal clip capacities to ten. Might as well fill the item pool with as much stuff as possible at this point.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Elotana posted:

Since this is the last DLC I am also guessing that they'll do what they did on the Wii U port and put the promo guns in the ultra-rare pool. Which will be the first time I ever see a Valkyrie!

You lucky bastard. I've received four of the bloody things and would kill for the last two Eagle upgrades at this point. :negative:

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

Psion posted:

wait what my Eagle X posting radar just went off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTrCg8VtcUk

Congrats dude, you have a serviceable caster gun! It has it's own niche in the pistol category as some weird SMG/babby Carnifex hybrid. As far as I can tell, the Valkyrie has no such niche and is objectively worse than the high tier ARs.

being an eagle fan itt is like the equivalent of the dudes who don't hate the endings in the story thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

:siren: The DLC is reducing Geth stagger! :siren: Tuesday cannot come fast enough! :toot:

https://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/15964596/10#15968027

• Locked thread