Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aw, now I don't get to see my title and know the sweet nectar of e-appreciation. Oh well.

Back on page 2 there was someone asking about the Collector Rifle - I actually think it works well with the Destroyer. It's a good, accurate, fast-firing gun that is held back by the weight, which the Destroyer doesn't care about. Only issue is that most people will only have it on low levels - I think my Geth Pulse Rifle VII is better. If I bought all those ME3-branded PC accessories it would probably be really nice.

Also, I was curious - has anyone here noticed a higher rate of URs in PSP bought with BP rather than credits? After all the many packs I've gotten since March 6 I've only ever gotten 2 URs, but I just pulled a Black Widow in the PSP I bought with the leftover points from getting Firefight. My friend did the same, and got a Javelin. I wonder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TJO posted:

Has anyone else thought about new characters they could add and general ways they could change the game up? I was thinking about a set based on reservists/non-traditional soldiers.

Adept - Biotic Student, stealing a few design elements from Jack for the clothing with a recon hood or something over the face that uses a new mix-up of existing biotic skills.
Sentinel - Alliance Medic, with a Medigel ability that works like grenades to instantly revive anyone within range or a 'Field Triage' pylon that boosts shields/shield recharge time.
Engineer - Batarian Mechanist, bring back the combat drone but with a more up-close skill set.
Vanguard - Krogan Female, one of the infertile ones, just using Eve's model with a few armour plates.
Infiltrator - Asari Commando/Marksman/Maiden, gimmick being 'also has a biotic ability'.
Soldier - Marauder, with the new Dominate power. Put one of those glass balls next to the ammo box at the extraction point so it makes sense.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see playable Reaper Forces in the future given the events of Leviathan. I like those other ideas too - I really do hope BioWare makes every conceivable mix of class, race, and beyond. Still want my Asari Sentinel.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Is anyone trying for the squad goal on PC right now? Origin name is BreakAtmo. Currently my only decently leveled classes are Adept and Vanguard.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

There were some people talking earlier about the Reaper at the end of the trailer and how they wanted to fight Reapers in multiplayer - please take note that the Reapers we fought in SP were the 160m Destroyer Reapers. The Reaper in the trailer is Harbinger. He's over 2km. Whilst I would like to take on full-size Capital Reapers in-game (it would have to involve vehicles, shield-wrecking orbital bombardments and mounted guns capable of delivering similar amounts of damage to a high-grade nuke), I doubt we'll be killing Harbinger in multiplayer.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah but he could show up and start shooting off his death ray during the extraction wave. They've already said that they're adding environmental hazards and traps. Also they did it in SP so the assets are there.

True. That would be one Hell of a hazard.

Also, is anyone else shocked that Keith Szarabajka is finally back as Harbinger? After all the complaints regarding Harbinger's reduced role, after STILL not voicing him in the EC or featuring him in Leviathan, Bioware finally brings him back, fully voiced... in multiplayer. Odd.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://biowarestore.com/collectibles/statues/sovereign-reaper-ship-replica-deposit.html

Just in case anyone in here doesn't read the SP threads. An 18.5-inch Sovereign for $350. It looks so good...

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VJeff posted:

I really, really, really wish they would take the sync-kills out of this game. Getting grabbed by behind by a Banshee over and over is pretty much singlehandedly quashing what enjoyment I'm deriving from the patch fixing so many issues.

EDIT: Soloed Glacier/Cerberus/Bronze with my Slayer in 17:23. Feel a little better now. :toot:

The problem with the sync-kills is that they just completely gently caress with melee classes. I know you guys have been going on about the Unstoppable Kroguard, but I swear I just got sync-killed like 7 times in one Cerberus match. Including the extraction wave, where I charged a Phantom, staggered her, then went to finish with a heavy melee... and the goddamn krogan just slips right past her and hits air before getting shanked.

Also, did the servers just drop out for anyone else?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

subroc posted:

Some heavy melees like the Adept punch and Paladin shield bash will hit anything in front of you. Krogan heavy melee is not one of these - you need a full lock on for it to connect. Take half a second after the Charge to line up your melee properly and you should be OK.

I could swear that I did line it up. Of course, the lag was moving me from side to side all game...

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

subroc posted:

Did you get the red lock-on brackets? Could have also been some Cerberus smoke drifting in and breaking your lock-on. That stuff sucks for Kroguards.

There wasn't any smoke, but I'm not sure about the brackets. Still, I wish the move actually had better auto-aim. If a Phantom can make me freeze and turn 180 degrees to be stabbed, it's only fair.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

wow so the Volus thing really is happening. That's just incredibly bizarre.

I dunno - it might be that Bioware has cottoned onto the dataminers and decided to troll them.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Has there been any datamining to find out what new weapons we're getting? Or what the new Collector units do?

The new weapons are Collector Sniper Rifle and SMG. The Collector Assault Rifle will also become a standard Rare.

Also, really, the problem with Volus is that they've always been expressly stated to be no good at fighting. That's why they're a turian client race - the turians do their fighting for them. It's why there's no Volus Councillor, because they haven't been useful military-wise. And seriously, look at them. Thy can't even really run, or look like they could hold a standard weapon. I really think BioWare deliberately named the files that to troll people - either that or they'll be blatantly non-canon joke characters.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 7, 2012

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Welp, I finally got a Vorcha! And holy poo poo, what a crazy little bastard. I love Bloodlust, and Flamer has better range and power than I expected. Not to mention a wicked heavy melee. Now I just need to get a Batarian. Hope it's the Soldier - I'm itching to test out the Holoblade-Firing Infinite Ammo Fist-Shotgun.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lynx posted:

Here's the pictures of the new classes that have been discovered so far.

Where exactly were these taken from? If BioWare really put together those Volus images for a huge troll I will laugh so hard.

Also, pleased to see the Asari Sentinel, I've wanted one of those for a while.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lynx posted:

See this post:

Ahhh, thank you. Wow, if this is a troll, BW is putting in some effort. I hope we don't have to wait too long for the follow-up classes.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There's only one new Turian class? I thought we were getting a new infiltrator/soldier as well.

There are 3 new turians, that set of images is just missing a couple.

Turian Havoc Soldier
Turian Saboteur Engineer
Turian Ghost Infiltrator

Asari Valkyrie Sentinel
Asari Huntress Infiltrator

Quarian Marksman

Volus Engineer
Volus Adept
Volus Mercenary
Volus Protector

Drell Assassin Infiltrator

Geth Trooper Soldier

Krogan Shaman Adept

Batarian Slasher
Batarian Brawler

Vorcha Hunter Engineer

Supposedly that's the full llist.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

e: Already handled, I should've looked harder.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 9, 2012

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

You mean buffed right? They prime regardless of health type now. They pick up new guys without having to pick a specific upgrade for it and the rank 6 detonation is a biotic detonator.

Yes, but today's balance changes increased the base cooldown. Apparently it was always supposed to be 25 seconds but the October 2 balance changes didn't include it.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Solomonic posted:

Lag is probably going to kill me, but I have to try Paladin shield deflection now. Can you imagine how amazing that'd look, just batting an Atlas missile off into the sky? Jesus.

I'd prefer to bat an Atlas missile back into the Atlas. If only... :(

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Radio Paranoia posted:

Praetorians are my new worst enemy. I've had repeated situations where one takes me down close quarters (not a sync-kill) and then everybody else starts dying around me. One medigel later and I'm being stunlock trampled by the crab bastard almost immediately. :argh:

Something about not being able to get away from an enemy just rubs me the wrong way.

Just be glad Bioware didn't go insane with the Reaper minions. Praetorians are essentially 30 Husks combined - imagine if they gave us Banshee Praetorians.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

The Geth Trooper must be a joke. Either that or someone at BW has a huge hardon for geth and doesn't really care whether they're balanced or not.

I swear, if I get that class, I am just going to throw on a junk weightless gun, activate both passives, and run around all game laughing like a maniacal arsonist. Hopefully someone will be packing Overload, too.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Houdini posted:

I still want a Turian Vanguard who has a tech charge. Especially now tech bursts/explosions are a thing now.

Shadow Strike is the tech version of Charge, I think, and it can prime explosions.

Oh God invisible turian swordmasters. I want that.

I do agree we need a Turian Vanguard though, not to mention a Turian Adept. I'd like to see them with new moves as well. I did see a cool idea for an ability that would basically cast Slam on all enemies in an upgradeable radius around the user. Maybe they could have that, or keep the same idea but make the power something other than Slam.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Holy poo poo BreakAtmo I am so sorry for you having to put up with my drunk rear end.

edit: Just to prove my ranting about the lag wasn't pure bravado at one point Palmitos here turned into a red spark of pure energy

Haha, yeah, lag can be an issue here. Everyone wishes for dedicated servers, I'm not much of a host. Later we should try your Slayer + 3 Volus.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Mr Dog posted:

Particle Rifle is absolutely beast on a Destroyer with the extended clip power and Incendiary Ammo. The Extended Clip gives you more time to use the high-power phase of the particle beam, and Incendiary Ammo is bugged? to stack an obscene number of DoTs onto things that get shot with the PPR (or Reegar). Stacking up on III/IV consumables with that configuration is probably the most enjoyable way of playing the game right now, at least for me.

I believe the thing with IA is that it adds DoT to each bullet, and the Particle Rifle's beam is really a shitload of 'bullets'.

quote:

Slayer still kicks rear end as well, he can just run into any clump of non-bulletsponge enemies and lock them DOWN. Provided you don't have a Prime/Atlas/Banshee in your vicinity you're practically invincible. Despite the fact that they kick such monstrous amounts of rear end I hardly ever see anyone playing as a Slayer, though. I think everyone just tried sniping with Phase Distruptor and doing the Charge/Shotgun thing for a game or two and concluded they were crap because Biotic Slash takes absolutely forever.

Add in a Volus and it's even better!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gatac posted:

Gah. Sorry for being a lovely pickup, BreakAtmo. In my haste to join the game I didn't think to equip any consumables, and the lag that had me jumping from side to side wasn't helping. Then again, maybe the part where we kept hanging around in the middle of Rio wasn't the best idea. :)

Ahh, you're fine. At least you can draw their fire! :D

No, but seriously, thanks for filling the slot. And Felinoid's right, taking cover does seem to re-synch you when you suffer lag. So at least you don't need to worry about it while shooting from cover.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Semisponge posted:

It's delayed til tomorrow.

So it's the Drell Assassin, then. And we get Drell buffs to go with it. And the old Turians... I wonder what they get? Rolls? Survivability? Better damage?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Anyone who was curious about the Devastator Mode nerf:

tl;dr whenever they designed a gun or had to change it they had to do it twice because of the huge clipsize buff a Destroyer could get pre-nerf

I still think this was dumb. Guns are, generally speaking, underpowered in comparison to powers anyway given that they have no way of dealing out the huge damage of biotic/tech/etc. combos on their own (unless you use something overpowered like the Harrier or Typhoon), are limited by ammunition, and in the case of ARs and SMGs, require you to stay out of cover for extended periods. Even considering the stagger offered by the Hawk, classes that lack powers (especially ones that prime or especially detonate explosions) are already at a disadvantage. When I tried a Destroyer again last week I spent all my time with Devastator Mode on (specced for fire rate) and was still underwhelmed by the damage. You could give the Destroyer doubled clip capacity and fire rate and he could MAYBE pull off the kind of crazy damage that combos deal, and he would still be in more danger than power-based classes considering he would have to spend more time out of cover. Devastator Mode wasn't overpowered, it was doing everything it could to bring a gun-based class up to 'effective'.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Has anyone here tried a 0/6/6/6/6 Destroyer? I was considering it, following the nerfs to Devastator Mode.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

jpmeyer posted:

I haven't seen any numbers from crazy Russians on BSN about it, but I noticed something interesting with explosive ammo. On a lark, I equipped explosive ammo III in a silver game with the Reeger and the Harrier. When I attacked banshees with the Harrier, I was just plinking away at them and then eventually they'd take a little damage from the explosions. The Reeger though was MELTING them, which makes me think that it was applying a shitload of those 250 damage explosions.

Fingers crossed. Makes me want to try it with the Particle Rifle.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lagomorphic posted:

This seems like a bad idea, it'd be like skipping charge on the Kroguard because they reduced the melee damage bonus a bit. Go ahead and try it but be prepared to burn a repec card or promote your soldier.

I dunno - charge is mainly used for shield restoration and covering long distances quickly, and it has no debuff drawback. Devastator Mode has had its effectiveness reduced on 2 of 3 levels while keeping the same mobility restrictions. I just think of running around with Eagle missiles all over the place whilst also being able to run faster and roll out of danger (read: sync-kills), with even some of the DM buffs you lost being made up for by your maxed-out passives. Oh well. I'll post results if I get around to promoting.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I have 3 more Bronze Ghost games to go before getting Ghostbuster, so if anyone wants to play Bronze and build up a low-level character, my Origin is BreakAtmo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ha, religious people think they know what Hell is. That it's fire and brimstone, all ruled over by the Devil himself. Hardly. It's Gold Collectors, where every objective wave is a hack. :negative:

Well, that's what I thought at first. Then I returned to the main menu and read "Zoran501 has accomplished 'Firebase Jade: Platinum Waves!'"

gently caress you, Zoran. Now I feel like I belong here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511554

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The Slithery D posted:

I joined a lobby that was set to Collectors/Condor. Having been thrown into in progress or random games there twice, I got out.

I still haven't seen anyone twisted enough to choose Collectors/London up front.

This was Ghost. Can't believe we got out of that one alive. Thank the Gethfiltrator with the Piranha. Not me, the Drell with the GPR.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

They really nailed that alien female look. Maybe we'll see more alien females (Salarians, etc.), or perhaps female Turians in multiplayer?

I certainly hope so. It would be odd for them to go to the effort of finally making a female turian model for a DLC that no one ever expected to see female turians in, only to just leave it at that. It's always smart to get as much mileage out of your work as possible. Same reason why I'm sure we'll get an SP DLC with Collectors.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VJeff posted:

Leak from the Omega DLC. Linking instead of thumbnailing in case anybody wants to avoid spoilers. http://i.imgur.com/pijOs.jpg

If you're curious:
Incinerate
Overload
Biotic Sphere
Lift Grenade
Turian Huntress

I'm pretty excited now. I really hope this gets put into the multiplayer. :allears:

Did you not notice who the other squadmate in that screen is? Bottom left.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Yep, we know the powers for that one too from a shot of the power wheel. Well most of them. Lash, Reave, and Carnage. There's a fourth new one that is obscured, the news is coming from a French site and a French speaker on BSN says the name of it translates to "Rocket." So it looks like Aria is modeled after a ME1 style vanguard. Apparently another new enemy is a mech that is similar to beefed up LOKI mechs from ME2.

Niiiice. Suitably violent.

randombattle posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone is surprised by that one. Not a shock in any way.

I've always suspected it would be the case, but I was never totally sure - BioWare could always have changed their minds around, plus the idea that Aria wouldn't take orders from someone and would instead go off on her own or be in a commanding role has merit. For a few seconds I even took that screenshot as a disconfirmation of Aria since I wouldn't have thought they'd have two new squadmates for one DLC. Not complaining though. gently caress yes.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Yay, got my N7 banner. Also, the Loyalty Pack bequeathed to me a Scorpion I. Is this a good thing or did I get screwed?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Well, I'm gonna try and get Gearhead with a Volus, so if anyone likes the idea of their shields constantly refilling and enemies glowing red all the time, my Origin is BreakAtmo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gatac posted:

Hey, BreakAtmo, where do you live? I'd love to jump on your invitations more often, but the lag gets pretty bad for me.

Also, I wish I'd taken a screenshot of the scoreboard from our game. On one side, a Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore and my Turian Inf with a Saber, on the other side you and that pubbie as Volus Engineers. So the board goes 170k, 160k, then two 70ks, something ridiculous like that. I swear I'm not that good!

Also, is it just me or are the later waves against Gold Reapers actually easier? Without Cannibals, I find it much easier to just prioritize Ravagers, take out Marauders as targets of opportunity and then back away from Brutes and Banshees. Works pretty well, I think.

I live in Australia, so the lag is no surprise. And yeah - Cannibals on Gold are vicious. If you don't see them, they can drop you in a second, and you probably won't see them since you're focusing on the bosses. It was a hell of a game, thanks.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Blindeye posted:

So I have a question for you guys, since I don't use the gps much, I got it maxed out today and took it into a gold game. What I found was a fully charged shot knocks only 1 bar of armor off a scion (with the shredder mod and damage boosting mod). I can't explain why it doesn't seem to hit very hard at all but is that normal or am I getting lag and I didn't "hit" the target? If it's the former what's the strategy to use with it?

Honestly I think it's just that Scions are complete loving golem bastards. Very high health, especially when possessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

So, uh, there's a quadriplegic guy soloing Bronze and Silver on PC with nothing but a stick in his mouth and a touchpad. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tGoOrUocbE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjX-qW_Yvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIF7ExKXDWg

This quad has a quad of quads. Much, MUCH respect to the man.

• Locked thread