Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
This should basically be in the OP concerning new players and soldiers; Don't take concussive shot. Ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Mr Dog posted:

Successful Bronze extract = +1 N7 Rank
Successful Silver extract = +2 N7 Rank
Successful Gold extract = +4 N7 Rank
Successful Platinum extract +8 N7 Rank

For >Bronze, halve it for partial extractions.

That would make N7 ranks mean something, and actually motivate people to put in more than a token effort after Wave 10 payout.

At the same time, I'd also give each race/class combo an individual level, instead of spreading it out across the entire class.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Mr Dog posted:

ew no that would make me even more reluctant to promote than I am already

Oh, I meant that promotion would only affect that class/race combo and do nothing but reset that combo. I wouldn't up your N7 score or anything. Regardless, even your idea on it's own would make the leader boards actually mean something.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

I am currently in a platinum game, wave 10, and we need to recover objects. But we can't do this, because the first object spawned in the middle of air, hovering half a meter above the ground and we can't pick it up.

:ughh:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

I'm surprised to see people drawing parallels between the Typhoon nerfs and Piranha. The Typhoon was only really overpowered on just one class combo; the destroyer. It was a still a great assault rifle in other hands, but it didn't completely eclipse every other assault rifle.

The Piranha however, has nearly completely replaced not just every other shotgun, but also every other gun. In almost every game I play, I see nearly everyone use it. It's so drat good regardless of which class combo. And on classes like the soldier, it goes from great to ludicrous.

Batham fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 7, 2012

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Or just halve the accuracy so that a smart choke is required to get to a non-choked accuracy value now. Still great for Destroyers and (unless they increase the weight) Furies, not so great for other people.

I think if they did that, the base accuracy of the gun would encompass your entire screen. :haw:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Adrian Owlsley posted:

Half blast nova actually does make you literally invincible as long as you take care not to get staggered which is highly avoidable. If you're trying to get the most out of human vanguard then you absolutely should take it as it's quite game breaking, although obviously it also makes it quite a shallow class. It looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MIzrBSCfF0, note the turret firing full blast and doing 0 damage, no other character has quite that level of invincibility obviously.

These days there are faster and more reliable ways to beat matches without too much effort, but this was a big deal in the demo...

Even the turret doesn't know anymore what the fucks going on.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

London on gold, ugh.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Spamming the quick play button until I get into a game in progress is my way to level my low level chars (lvl +10). I most of the time even manage to top ranking anyway, so I feel no shame doing it.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

After taking a break for a month or two, I started this game's mp up again. Why does this keep being so much fun? drat you game, I have work to! :arghfist:

Immediate changes I've noticed is that a lot of people have pretty pictures, I take it I get my own pretty picture by completing challenges? Also, where's the menu to set my pretty picture when I finally get one?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

I haven't played in ages and just played Firebase Ghost again. Holy poo poo, they turned the most boring and dull map into the most beautiful thing I've seen in this game and many other games.

I just want to keep playing it and stare at the rain all day. :psyduck:

Batham fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jan 12, 2013

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Half a year later and I still dislike the N7 Destroyer when compared to the bog standard human soldier. I just love adrenaline rush for a quick reload and shield regen along with extra flexibility over the extra shootstuff the Destroyer gets. Am I insane?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

That one's going to be piss easy, just join any silver/gold pub game. :smug:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Should I stick to PSP's or go for Arsenal/Reserves packs?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

I'm quietly hoping that the Lancer Assault rifle is a good version of the M8 avenger. You know, like a Harrier with 60 rounds of ammo without an ammo upgrade. :shepface:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Got a Cabal in my free packet. My experience can only be explained as followed:

:mad: -> :( -> :raise: -> :lsd: - > :tviv: -> :stare: -> :black101: -> :ssj: -> :okpos:

Batham fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 27, 2013

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

I find myself simply shooting into a general direction more and more these days because there are geth everywhere.

Friendly geth here, enemy geth there, geth everywhere! Lead breakfast for everyone! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Been trying to get plantinum Collectors for the past 2 days, but pubbies are terribly, terribly bad during primetime hours. Christ.

Anyone got a map to recommend doing collectors on? Rio?

• Locked thread