Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Doflamingo posted:

Man, I would love for the extraction wave to contain bosses. A Colossus for the Geth, Harvester for Reapers and Kai-Leng for Cerberus. And killing them wouldn't be mandatory but you'd get extra credit for doing so!

Should be a Cerberus Gunship.

Also, there should have been UT Assault-styled objectives that are relevant to the map (like disable Cerberus turrets, invade base, shoot terminals, explode whatever)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Wait, people actually get pull? Like, ever? I thought the defining way to run AJA was 6/6/0/6/6 even with the rank 5 bug.

On one hand, there's Reave, as you said.

On the other, it ensures your squad vaporizes that rear end in a top hat Centurion, or at least ensures he's out of cover/has stopped firing at you for the time being.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I hear people rag on N7 Fury all the drat time, but I just watched my brother go Gold on that snowy Cerberus base with another Fury, a Krogan Vanguard, and one Human Adept.

The kicker is that they didn't even do much biotic detonations, they just spammed Reave and Biotic Slash, and they were only downed (and revived) once.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Is the Disruptor Beam on the N7 Slayer worth it? I'd rather dump points into Biotic Slash and take cover than have my dumb rear end get wasted after blowing my shields in a moment, but I've watched my brother use it effectively on Gold.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
In retrospect, I'm a moron.

I'm going to go try the N7 Falcon with a random Vanguard, since its MP nerf always felt more "shotgun that spits out grenades" than grenade machine gun. Someone tell me if this is a terrible idea before I become a useless idiot on Bronze.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Synonamess Botch posted:

tech bursts/fire explosions etc.

Yeah, I'll definitely dump a point into it. My brother's build had it at level three, I think. Thanks!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Why would you play platinum with no missiles left? That seems like a recipe for disaster.

They literally should have no excuse, anyone worth their salt should have 30 missiles left over from jumbo/recruit packs.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

KidKrampus posted:

Well poo poo, that's just about the best combat change we've had yet. This could make public games much, much more playable. Or not.

You have way too much faith, dude. :v:

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Dezinus posted:

Goddamn Dragoons are some bullshit. It's like a fast Brute with a rapid-fire Phantom gun. And a stomping boot.

If only the Cerberus defectors could be so useful... :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

El Mido posted:

I for one would love to know how to make the Valkyrie fun to use because even at X it's kinda lame.

Don't use burst/select fire rifles, for one. :v: Seriously, though, I'm not sure if they've nerfed it, but it does more damage at close range, and there's the usual option of pairing it with a class that deals headshot damage.

• Locked thread