Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

... But the desync bug still remains...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Cool a goal I can get without even having to play. Infiltrator, engi, and vanguard, time to get promoted this weekend.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I unlocked the N7 Paladin last night and I like it a lot, problem is well on gold I seem to never have a very high score. I mean to the point where I am lagging behind by like 20/30k. I know score really doesn't matter but it makes me feel like I am not pulling my weight. I have my powers setup like on page 2 .... Energy drain 6, snap freeze 6, paladin passive 6, and ice shield. I tried with the piranha, but I always end up on huge maps with that and I can't get ultra rares to drop to save my life.

Is there like a preferred load out? Or is there something blatant I am missing to make me a bit more deadly?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Synonamess Botch posted:

I usually carry a Piranha, but I like being up in everything's face. Very important to remember that ED + snap freeze = tech bursts for days.

Is there a time limit on it? Does it only tech burst if the target is out of shields?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Here is my manifest. I was trying to make a better paladin. I hope it works cause I am doing it from a phone.

http://social.bioware.com/3991881/&v=bw_games&game=masseffect3_xbox&pid=176694532&display=multiplayer

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Does the shield gate matter to melee damage?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

quote:

From: Admiral Steven Hackett Re: Operation ALLOY Confidentiality classification: XB-PRIME Distribution: N7 Forces Only

Soldiers of the Milky Way –

It is now common knowledge that Operation ALLOY did not go strictly as planned. Sweeps in what should have been relatively low-risk areas were met with heavy enemy resistance. Fortunately, reports from the field indicate that our troops persevered and were able to strike back. I’ve already been informed of a number of well-deserved promotions. In light of these reports, Operation ALLOY has been deemed a success.

Over the next few days you’ll likely hear many stories about our talented new recruits. I would also like to congratulate the experienced soldiers who fought alongside them. It is under your guidance and leadership that these new recruits excelled. They are now prepared to join our forces on the front lines, and we are all stronger for it.

While we celebrate Operation ALLOY’s success, we need to be aware that the unexpected resistance faced by our soldiers may be symptomatic of a larger issue. We’ve been receiving a number of strange reports that are inconsistent with our knowledge of Reaper ground troop movement. At this point, intel is vague at best. Rest assured we are pursuing the matter.

--Admiral Hackett

Congratulations, Alloy was a big success. For those interested in numbers: PC: 67,573 PS3: 28,398 XBox: 166,778

TOTAL: 262,749!

Reward packs will be granted starting later today.

Haven't seen it posted here yet.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Lower falcon weight means I am gonna rock it with my Paladin. Hope the cooldown is good.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Bruceski posted:

The only bit of SP I found really felt like Multiplayer was the Rachni Queen, with the Reavers sniping you with missiles. It's been ages since I've played though, so that may have just been due to inexperience. I wish they had two difficulty sliders for enemy quality and enemy quantity so you could choose how you wanted to make the game harder.

No I am just spoiled now by having somewhat competent squad members in mp. Even the worst of the worst pubbies aren't as dumb as the ai squad members. Liara, why are you looking for protheans in the barrel of that turret?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Alright time to go at this challenge with a drell vanguard... What do you mean that's a bad idea?

And I don't see what the big deal is, everyone knows pubbies don't use medigel and missiles are made of gold. How will this weekend be any different when playing with PUGs?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Vietnamwees posted:

But how? Don't you PS3 goons get the Operation Splash page when you boot up the game during the Op?

There is no splash screen for the ps3. I think it had something to do with the psn.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Looking for people to play matches with on 360, any gold and maybe even introduce me to platinum. Gt: PDUBB2k

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

TacticalGranny posted:

I'm honestly not surprised about this; a goal of a quarter million drone recoveries, which have a 20% of happening on each objective wave, three chances in each match... and I sure didn't see many in my matches over the weekend.

I am surprised we were close

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Whoever posted about the vorcha sent and the crusader thanks. I have been having a blast with it and it makes me wish I had it higher than lvl 1 (of course I won't get one this week because now that I don't want a hurricane anymore I will get one).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

VJeff posted:

Crusader IV.

I guess the game really wants me to try this thing out. :geno:

If I could trade you my valiant IV for your crusader IV I would in a heart beat

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Two Finger posted:

It has innate armour piercing and is accurate as gently caress. You need neither a Smart Choke nor a Shredder. Go High Calibre Barrel and either bayonet or ammo, depending on what you're playing.

This. The lack of accuracy is because you have to get used to it. Because it is so accurate, you will miss if you aren't dead on with your shots. A lot of the other weapons forgive you for being inaccurate.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Eagle 3. Fffffff

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Updates to guns no one cares about on a week where pretty much no one cares about this game. Good job bioware.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

All Drell cluster grenades on glacier. Got it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I haven't played or read this thread since before the collectors pack dropped, I looked at the OP and didn't see any quick guide to the new content. Anything I need to know without having to read 1700 posts?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Sent friend invites to a couple 360 dudes. I haven't played in months but I strangely miss this game.

My 360 name is pdubb2k

waah fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 9, 2013

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I unlocked the Turian Cabal last night and I have been having a blast but I can't seem to find the right niche. I went Valkyrie and ran around with blades and plunked everything to death at first, but that didnt seem effective. I am hesitant to go melee because I always get stomped by making bad decisions on when to melee. Poison strike seems pretty useless other than getting out of trouble and the crusader seems okay it's just too heavy.

Help me out here I like shooting, I like ARs and shotguns, I tend to shoot and move better than deciding when to melee and I absolutely love blades.

Currently I am specced 4/6/6/6/4. Poison for range, blades for extra damage, and class whatever for weapon damage. Thanks (I did read elotana's guide I am just hesitant to go full melee spec).

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I guess they really like the damage boost after charge and hate shotguns. Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYHjPNSc_k

That video... I... I was not expecting what ever that was.

Also I can't stop giggling at the "That's a no scope!!! No scope!1!1!1!1" line.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Acanofpepsi thanks for getting me addicted to these videos I hate you.

Thread related: the volus and bataarian adepts suck don't they?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

What's so good about the pirhrana? I was gone for a while and it was THE shotgun then, but I figured it got nerfed to poo poo and I haven't seen a single pubbie use it since I started back playing. Should I be using it?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I hate to continually ask dumb questions (I seem I be really good at it) but is there any reason for the falcon to be so unloved? Some of my best rounds are with the falcon with ammo powers slapped on and stunning the ever living poo poo out of infantry.

Do people still hate it and think its bugged like it was almost a year ago with disappearing shots? Or does it have to do with everyone wanting a gun that can kill the bosses?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Got to leave work early tonight and I got nothing better to do. If you are on 360 send me am invite at pdubb2k and lets play gold and maybe platinum (haven't played plat since I started playing again)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Surprised collectors on gold is so low. Collectors on hazard glacier is the most fun in my opinion. It's always frenetic and makes you work for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Mr Dog posted:

Holy crap, the Venom

it is so loving bad :psyduck:

It can store a grand total of 15 spit-balls between ammo box runs.

It is bad, but are you charging the shot up and then firing? You run out of ammo but you know you actuall have a chance to kill things that way.

• Locked thread