Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nacon
May 7, 2005

Mr Dog posted:

Successful Bronze extract = +1 N7 Rank
Successful Silver extract = +2 N7 Rank
Successful Gold extract = +4 N7 Rank
Successful Platinum extract +8 N7 Rank

For >Bronze, halve it for partial extractions.

That would make N7 ranks mean something, and actually motivate people to put in more than a token effort after Wave 10 payout.

Yeah, making extractions mean something would be nice. I would definitely care more about it if there was a system like this in place, beyond just re-leveling characters over and over (which I find painfully annoying.)

You could probably build some kind of equation that subtracts from the bonus per player that didn't make the extraction in order to reward full extractions. You could probably structure it such that (Extraction Bonus - (number of players down)) is your final reward. So, on a silver extract with one player down it would be (2 - 1) for a total of +1 N7 Rank. That same situation on Gold would result in +3 N7 rank, etc.

nacon fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nacon
May 7, 2005

Zoran posted:

Turian Sentinel
Sick-Nasty

Basically, this, all the time:

nacon
May 7, 2005

GulMadred posted:

all-Husk matches.

Speaking of which, I would love to jump in on some all-husk matches if there are any goons that have it setup. I don't care about the money/xp (nor would I want to tempt the bioware banhammer gods), but it seems like it would be a lot of fun to do a few times.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Wow, Platinum just isn't that bad... when everyone has a Piranha. 2x Destroyers, 1x Demolisher, and 1x BatSol is like stupid easy mode. We even made it through a Wave 10 Firebase Giant center hack with the help of a few missiles.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There's still the bug with grabs and slopes / stairs isn't there?

As far as I can tell, yes. I've only been grabbed once on stairs in the last 3 weeks... And I was exactly level with a banshee. As long as you're at a different height from the banshee, I don't think that you can be grabbed.

nacon
May 7, 2005

VJeff posted:

Oh hey are we posting our own multiplayer manifests in this thread and getting advice based on them now? I totally wanna get in on that. Here's mine.

You have enough silver gear items that aren't unlocked to merit going on a silver buying spree. You could do a plat glacier with the following stuff you've got:

Cerberus Vanguard/Commando Package/Talon 1/Power Amp or Efficiency/AP or Disruptor rounds. Smash through the wall constantly, and profit!

nacon
May 7, 2005

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Am I missing something about Quarian Infiltrator?

As an aside, I have new-found love for this class in Platinum (wield that Piranha!). Being able to sabotage an atlas or a prime in a chokepoint is really, really useful crowd control. The tech damage bonus can be really strong, as well.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Reverend Jake posted:

Do Goons use their mics? I think I've heard one pubbie use his mic, and it was just to thank everyone for playing.

Not that I've been able to get mine to work. I've tried the "force voice chat" option, double-checked to make sure that it's the correct mic/output, and still get nothing.

I use the mic... the trick for me to get it working is to usually open another VoIP client, like vent. I don't have to log in, but something about having another VoIP program open makes it work in ME3.

nacon
May 7, 2005

I feel like we might need a bsn.txt thread after all the butt-hurt that this going to unleash.

Also, this workday cannot go fast enough.

nacon
May 7, 2005

James R posted:

What's my best bet for unlocking the new characters? 60k packs or 99k packs?

99k packs - more rares for your dollar, and a better chance at the ultra-rare Volus character cards.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Worst part of SMG Mastery: Hornet.
... Best Part: Finding out the tempest is decent on a Turian Soldier.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Discovery: N-7 Paladin with Crusader shotgun, drill rounds, shotgun damage equipment, and consumable... hilariously awesome. I was actually able to drop Cerberus Dragoons in one shot. Atlases post-energy drains, go down in 3-4 depending on hits to crit areas. It was epic. Especially killing three troopers with one shot.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Elotana posted:

Lots of classes can do that :ssh:

Being aggressive and charging spawns is actually the most efficient way to play Gold. [AoE/stagger power], [Detonator power], [Gunfire], spawn now dead except for boss enemies which you can start kiting counter-clockwise to keep your right-hand advantage.

Bioware should just start trolling the ME3 multiplayer by adding occasionally left-handed bosses to the spawns.

I don't know if I would be butthurt or dying of laughter.

nacon
May 7, 2005

So, I'm reinstalling this after not having played since November of 2012... it looks like there are some new classes and weapons in the mix.

Anything else of note?

Also, add me! I'm on origin as hammerzeitgeist and I'd rather play with non-douche goons versus having to carry pub squads!

nacon
May 7, 2005

This reminds me of the old days of the 4x Turian Soldier Exmag-Revenant Dakka squads.

nacon
May 7, 2005

Welp, I finally unlocked the Geth Spitfire.

Is there any way to make this gun not constantly shake the screen/induce seizures/do so little damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nacon
May 7, 2005

Any of the ME3 coop bros playing Helldivers? You're my favorite Coop game people.

I'm nacon / naconic on Steam.

(If you haven't seen/heard about this game, it's definitely worth a look. 4 player coop top-down space marine shooter - sort of a Diablo / Alien Swarm with progression and cool vehicles and powers.)

• Locked thread