Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I like how frequently people are audibly grasping for a way to finish the sentences they start in this month's Superego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Tacier posted:

I like how frequently people are audibly grasping for a way to finish the sentences they start in this month's Superego.

I love it when Gourley does this, especially as he never seems to actually bail on it but just works it in.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Having listened to SuperEgo sparingly, I am AMAZED at how good every episode is. Glad I have seasons and seasons of backlog on things like HS announcements and the gas station network. There's just so much density of humor and new threads compared to the "let's keep everything in order" CBB.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Golden Bee posted:

Having listened to SuperEgo sparingly, I am AMAZED at how good every episode is. Glad I have seasons and seasons of backlog on things like HS announcements and the gas station network. There's just so much density of humor and new threads compared to the "let's keep everything in order" CBB.

That's because superego is edited to gently caress and back to get it so tight. There's hours and hours recorded for every half hour episode and what you get is the absolute best bits. I bet the unedited recordings are still loving great though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They livestreamed one of them and it might still be up if anyone can remember their channel to check.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Superego's Ustream

Unfortunately they don't seem to have the stream up any longer. I've tried searching for it online to see if it was on YouTube or something but no luck so far.

I'm dumb and didn't see it on their page. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/45963752

NeuroticLich fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Dec 7, 2014

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Just a heads up. The SF Sketchfest schedule was released today and Superego is performing live at 1pm on Saturday Feb 7th. Tickets go on sale Sunday. Anyone else thinking of going?

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
According to the latest announcement podcast, live episode is going up February 1st (as with prior live episodes it'll cost you a few bucks), and the next episode of season 4 will pop up March 1st.

I'm glad we're getting something next month, Superego is one of the few podcasts I don't mind throwing some money at from time to time.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
wheeeeeee

https://gosuperego.bandcamp.com/album/superego-live-at-la-podfest-9-27-14

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Have they said what we're getting tomorrow or Monday (probably Monday)?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Have they said what we're getting tomorrow or Monday (probably Monday)?

Looks like it's tomorrow.

https://instagram.com/p/zoHvoZsqLV/

https://instagram.com/p/zp5pqsMqLM/

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's up, and the Legion of Doom sketch is fantastic.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Great episode. The Leroy Jenkins segment was spinning its wheels for a bit but the insanity it devolved into was worth it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I only just discovered this podcast after Gourley guested on the Cracked.com podcast. I am immediately in love. I can't believe how good it is. It makes me like the James Bonding podcast less, because Gourley is capable of so much more. So much more. I started with season 4, and have only listed to the first 3 episodes there. But I can't wait for the drive home to listen to more. (I know I can't listen at work, people would wonder why I was laughing like an idiot.)

The Stations of the Cross sketch from 4.2 may be the funniest thing I have ever heard. Ever.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I only just discovered this podcast after Gourley guested on the Cracked.com podcast. I am immediately in love. I can't believe how good it is. It makes me like the James Bonding podcast less, because Gourley is capable of so much more.

Matt Mira: professional albatross

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Mark McConville and Matt Gorley commentated on the Pistol Shrimps game. https://m.soundcloud.com/gosuperego/pistol-shrimps-radio-42115

Thats a rec league women's team that Gorley's ladyfriend Amanda Lund, Stephanie Allyne, and Aubrey Plaza are on.

Also neither guy knows a ton of basketball things.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Coco13 posted:

Mark McConville and Matt Gorley commentated on the Pistol Shrimps game. https://m.soundcloud.com/gosuperego/pistol-shrimps-radio-42115

Thats a rec league women's team that Gorley's ladyfriend Amanda Lund, Stephanie Allyne, and Aubrey Plaza are on.

This is already gold 5 minutes in.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Coco13 posted:

This is an amazing thing to have happened and been recorded for posterity.

I'm about 6 minutes in and Hitler was just mentioned for the first, but hopefully not last, time.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I'm about 6 minutes in and Hitler was just mentioned for the first, but hopefully not last, time.

They mention Dire Straits a lot more than Hitler, which is comparable enough.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Reformed Pissboy posted:

They mention Dire Straits a lot more than Hitler, which is comparable enough.

I think the fact that I had Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms as a kid (not even teenager) says everything you need to know about what I was like as a child.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Coco13 posted:

I'm loving this so much.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Pistol Shrimps Radio is back!

https://soundcloud.com/gosuperego/pistol-shrimps-radio-42815

Edit: Matt Gourley's brain keeps making GBS threads itself and it's beautiful.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 29, 2015

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If they keep doing these they're going to learn something about basketball. :(

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just a heads up for NYC Superego fans: they're doing a live episode on June 24th at the Bellhouse.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Are we getting a new episode Friday? I need my fix. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Almost certainly not

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

epitasis posted:

Almost certainly not

The the answer is clear: Clone the Superego team with intact memories and knowledge, lock them up in a compound for the rest of their lives, and force them to make weekly Superego shows forever.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Punch Card posted:

Pistol Shrimps Radio is back!

https://soundcloud.com/gosuperego/pistol-shrimps-radio-42815

Edit: Matt Gourley's brain keeps making GBS threads itself and it's beautiful.

I love that their vantage point is so bad Matt didn't even realize his girlfriend had been elbowed in the face and was bleeding all over the place until she told him after the game.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
There are now four episodes of Pistol Shrimp Radio and if anybody in this thread hasn't listened yet, shame on you. So funny.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/pistol-shrimps-radio/id990481682

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Am I completely insane for kind of wanting to go see some women's rec league basketball while in LA?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just imagine a scenario where Pistol Shrimp Radio gets too big for its own britches and people come to listen to them live and it ends up distracting the players too much from the game.

Though it's pretty rad that on episode 2 (?) they talked about a couple of the players selling a pitch to Comedy Central about the league.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Poopy Palpy posted:

Am I completely insane for kind of wanting to go see some women's rec league basketball while in LA?

I'd seriously go see them every week if I were in the area.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

I just started listening to the first episode.

"A silence has fallen upon the court as the teams get their last bits of advice from their coaches"
"Maybe they're just taking a moment of silence for the passing of Adolf Hitler"

I'm dying.

The announcer voices make it 10x funnier.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

feedmyleg posted:

I just imagine a scenario where Pistol Shrimp Radio gets too big for its own britches and people come to listen to them live and it ends up distracting the players too much from the game.

It's two people in the side of the room talking into microphones. It's not like they're over the PA system.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
From what they said about the attendance, just sit near them and problem solved.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Tonight's game is brought to you by Patch Stevenson: Steve Carrell takes over the role of the heartwarming doctor who makes children laugh ... On their way out.

Rated R!

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

Tonight's game is brought to you by Patch Stevenson: Steve Carrell takes over the role of the heartwarming doctor who makes children laugh ... On their way out.

Rated R!

Mark was really in top form this ep. Matt was still cracking up for like 10 solid seconds after his Carl's Jr joke.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Mark McConville gave me and my wife Capri Suns. Couldn't hear a word of their play-by-play (nor did I really expect to) but I saw some great Pistol Shrimps basketball.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
The emotional journey of seeing a new Superego available to download, only to discover it's a 1-minute tour date announcement :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Leospeare posted:

The emotional journey of seeing a new Superego available to download, only to discover it's a 1-minute tour date announcement :cry:

It wasn't a tour date announcement: http://gosuperego.bandcamp.com/album/superego-live-at-riot-la-1-17-15

• Locked thread