Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSchlang
Mar 27, 2009

fake edit: written by a friend of mine

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It's been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real... then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the "poor" (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
p.s. close the borders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Kieselguhr Kid posted:

(Incidentally, my favourite part about the 'marine punches out professor' story is this idea that a professor, giving a lecture as part of a class the students are presumably paying for, walked in and spent his first 10-15 minutes taunting god. And that this was so startling it reduced an entire class to shocked silence for the entire time.)

If my college years are any indication, the majority of students' reaction to a professor saying something absurd on either end of the political spectrum would be to continue not really paying any attention.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Arschlochkind posted:

If my college years are any indication, the majority of students' reaction to a professor saying something absurd on either end of the political spectrum would be to continue not really paying any attention.

Except for the twats in the front row that need to have their annoying opinions known. You know the type.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
I can't even comprehend how stupid that Albert Einstein chain mail is. Whoever wrote it can't have passed 8th grade science.

Somehow I managed to spend ten minutes looking through my Facebook feed and didn't find something astoundingly untrue.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I recall one of those student/professor religious face-off stories where the professor leaves the lecture hall in an embarrassed huff, and the student takes the place at the front of the room and tells everybody about "God's love for them" or something dumb like that, and (the most shitthatdidnthappen part about it) all the students stayed and listened for hours. You know, instead of just getting up and going home because who cares.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Chain email forwarders have this weird perception that college students are all just waiting to hear the word of Jesus, instead of already having heard it over and over again and are much more eager to replace it with sex, alcohol, and apathy.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Really any time someone can get a giant smug lecture out without the other person cutting them off or walking away in the middle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1stGear posted:

Chain email forwarders have this weird perception that college students are all just waiting to hear the word of Jesus, instead of already having heard it over and over again and are much more eager to replace it with sex, alcohol, and apathy.

If you read Jack Chick tracts, it seems like people like Chick genuinely believe that somehow a shitload of people have managed to get through their entire lives without ever hearing a single thing about Jesus Christ, and if they can just be told they'll AUTOMATICALLY convert, all the time gasping out loud about how they just didn't know!

An old guy (mid-sixties, regular height, quite skinny) I worked with years ago told me in all earnestness about the time he went back to back with a guy being viciously assaulted by "some huge black guys" late one night in the city, and how he managed to take two of them out by himself before the police arrived and arrested them (the black guys only). The story wasn't set in the distant past either, it was a "What I did on the weekend" type story.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Let me tell you about my uncle who works at Nintendo....

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
You can tell someone is slingin' some STDH whenever they employ some affected voice to represent the people that they totally owned. I have certain family members that love to break out their "faggy" voice when regaling someone with their tales of destroying wishy-washy liberals with iron-clad conservative logic.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Kid I went to high-school with claimed he beat me to a bloody pulp; by happenstance, I walked by as he made the claim and proved to him and the world he did no such thing.

The question is: which part of that story is the shitthatdidnthappen? :iiam:

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...

pug wearing a hat posted:

Everyone's friend's roommate's mom is a teacher or nurse who worked with a kid named Shithead/Lemonjello/Orangejello/Abcde.
Or Shoemadein Taiwan. I hate that Lemonjello and Oranjello stuff so much because I've heard it over and over again, and no one ever backs down from it when I call them out, not even after I point out that the names are a joke from the book North Dallas Forty.

BSchlang posted:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist...
This made my day. Thanks for sharing.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

brave reddit atheist posted:

So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.
Even r/atheism managed to realize that this very much didn't happen. I had to find the story on another site because the creator deleted the original.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not. Do you guys seriously not have people clap and cheer when you do something? What a sad, pathetic existence.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not. Do you guys seriously not have people clap and cheer when you do something? What a sad, pathetic existence.

Once I was walking through my school cafeteria carrying a plate of food. I dropped it and the plate smashed. Then everyone cheered and clapped and someone walking past even said "Nice one bro!"
Happiest day of my life.

Shasta Cola
Jun 16, 2003

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery just mowing us all down.
The best part about that story is that he (supposedly?) was bringing a 12 pack of soda to a party. That's how cool he is.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Idiootti posted:

Even r/atheism managed to realize that this very much didn't happen. I had to find the story on another site because the creator deleted the original.

Is the poo poo that didnt happen that people at a party really needed Mountain Dew, from Walmart?

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT
If we're doing poo poo that didn't happen from Troper Tales, will someone who has it please post the one about the guy whose friend was so tough he used to break pencils? It's the single most laughable thing from that site.

The one with the Marine punching the atheist professor should end "And that Marine was Charles Whitman! So remember, kids, don't forget to assault people who say things you disagree with and keep practicing your sniping skills!"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

General Panic posted:

If we're doing poo poo that didn't happen from Troper Tales, will someone who has it please post the one about the guy whose friend was so tough he used to break pencils? It's the single most laughable thing from that site.

Thsi is about the poo poo that didn't happen, though, that was the most hilariously realistic Troper Tale there was.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

General Panic posted:

This one?

"Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope. This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!"

quote:

I'm not even sure what this guy is trying to say.
What's so hard to understand, the teacher was only a mile ahead!

Mainwaring has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Aug 13, 2012

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Mainwaring posted:

This one?

"Arguably, this Troper is probably the youngest of which who suffers from this Trope. This is practically the invisible label that's under the invisible Berserk Button of this 13-year old kid. He broke 33 pencils in his life, and had a good friend break two of those pencils because they were too hard. He even yelled at someone because that guy was the third person who asked if he could be punched for the third time, with a teacher only a mile ahead!"
I'm not even sure what this guy is trying to say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shasta Cola posted:

The best part about that story is that he (supposedly?) was bringing a 12 pack of soda to a party. That's how cool he is.

Groups in WoW are called parties.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
My coworker read this to me the other day, taken from a Craigslist ad that apparently got some traction around the net.

quote:

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend and me, threatening our lives.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number, etc).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

P.S. Remember this motto. An armed society makes for a more civil society!

She gets to the end, and I say, "Wait, so he's admitting that he mugged the guy who mugged him, and then did more illegal stuff after that? Fraud, identity theft, and threatening the President?" Coworker was like, "Yeah... but it's funny!"

It's so shit_that_didnt_happen.txt, it has it's own Snopes page. The original piece was a little less horrible of a revenge fantasy than this one, and the author admitted that he just wrote it to blow off some steam after his house got broken into. The author said later, "I'm starting to see people alter the hell out of it for political and other reasons, and quite frankly, that just irritates the poo poo out of me."

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

My coworker read this to me the other day, taken from a Craigslist ad that apparently got some traction around the net.

I love how the poo poo this dude does is 100 times worse than just mugging some guy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sulphuric Sundae posted:

It's the third post in the thread.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Idiootti posted:

There is one bit here that I find pretty believable.
That someone sad enough to make that kind of story probably has attended a party completely unshaven and wearing a Slayer shirt with gym shorts.

Some of my favourite types of these stories were always the ones you'd find on the Livejournal childfree communities. The sort where someone purposefully trips a kid over or something while at a family-friendly place, then verbally takes down the angered parent for being such an entitlemoo. The people who see it are stunned and impressed.
Clapping and cheering would then, of course, follow.

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008
Anyone have the "that guy is INHUMAN!" Troper Tales story. I think its about some jock trying to beat him up and he kicks the jock's rear end with his karate powers.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

quote:

This troper took a few levels when, after years of being a Woobie so pitiful Shinji would say what the heck is wrong with you, I had enough of a girl I liked always going for this tall, blond guy. When they were talking right in front of me in the street and holding arms and talking and all that, I said, "Shut. The. Hell. Up." The boy looks around and walks over, trying to look menacing. Martial arts studies come in. I take a punch to the forehead and then slide under and punch him in the stomach, he goes backwards and I land another one to his face. I then go berserk and full body tackle him. He managed to crawl away, and say, "That kid...is inhuman!" Another level was taken when I knocked a knife out of Joseph Stubb's hand

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.

Len posted:

It's the third post in the thread.

Whoops! I'm usually better than that :(

DrManiac posted:

I love how the poo poo this dude does is 100 times worse than just mugging some guy.

The girl prefaced reading this by asking, "Do you support people carrying guns?" I hope this doesn't reinforce her belief, because if this guy were real he should probably get his CCW permit revoked. Oh, and get arrested.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Usually in these fake "I beat the gently caress out of a guy!" stories the author make a super horrible strawman so you agree with them, without that they seem like a loving loon.

Why does this guy wants us to believe he beat the poo poo out of some guy for mutually flirting with a girl he liked? Does he really think he's the good guy in this make believe scenario? Like, the girl wasn't even dating you dude. I can just imagine a fat troper steaming mad sitting behind the girl he likes (never making his feelings known) glaring at this "jock" seducing "his" girl (without ever doing anything of course).

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
“I was in this parking lot and there was a man looking for a space to park, and I found a space for him. And I felt badly — he looked like he was sort of in distress. And I said, ‘Sir, here’s a place.’ And he said, ‘That’s a handicapped space.’ I said, ‘Oh I’m so sorry, I saw that Obama sticker and I thought you were mentally retarded.’”

- Jim Roddey, Allegheny County, PA GOP Chair

Not only did he (most probably) invent this lame rear end story, he thought it was so witty and awesome he decided to tell it at an election party in front of 200 people

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/08/655801/obama-sticker-mentally-retarded/?mobile=nc

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pug wearing a hat posted:

Everyone's friend's roommate's mom is a teacher or nurse who worked with a kid named Shithead/Lemonjello/Orangejello/Abcde.

The best part is that it's a century old and in the original version the dogwhistle racism was just regular old racism:

quote:

A young woman in Central Park overheard an old negress call to a pickaninny: "Come heah, Exy, Exy!"

"Excuse me, but that's a queer name for a baby, aunty?"

"Dat ain't her full name," explained the old woman with pride; "dat's jes' de pet name I calls for short. Dat child got a mighty grand name. Her ma picked it out in a medicine book — yessum, de child's full name is Eczema."

FuriousGeorge posted:

You can tell someone is slingin' some STDH whenever they employ some affected voice to represent the people that they totally owned. I have certain family members that love to break out their "faggy" voice when regaling someone with their tales of destroying wishy-washy liberals with iron-clad conservative logic.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Actually, this did happen. On an episode of M*A*S*H

ants on my cum rag
Sep 2, 2011

"Oh God you got the spray gun, DO NOT LOSE IT, you seriously better not screw this up, I'm not kidding"
~~The Battle Hymn of the Contra Tiger Mother~~
and that Marine was...Albert Einstein.

your heart
Oct 24, 2010

beating right next to me
I like that one where garbage poster ZanderZ was talking about some job interview...I think he edited the post though? Anyway, he was talking lots of poo poo like he always posts, and then Abe chimed in a few posts later.

quote:

Huh, that's interesting.

I'm actually really good friends with two Round Corner employees based out of the Bay Area (they're actually goons), and the only thing you did during that interview to embarrass yourself was demonstrate a total lack of understanding regarding what a CRM was. They, a company way outside of "startup" and one of Salesforce's largest partners, told you their business model right away (which is developing Salesforce for non-profits, such as large charities, colleges and public television stations), and you didn't comprehend how to explain very rudimentary implementations of low level installations. Or how databases worked in regards to Force. Or how databases "worked".

You certainly didn't show your balls off, let alone interview well enough to the point of which they would remotely consider giving you an offer. Your earlier posts got screenshot and shared around their entire office, and had a really good laugh at your expense. Is that what you were going for? If so, when you sent the follow up asking for an update in regards to the status of you getting the job you should have brought it up!

So yeah, if you want to boast about how much you hate a company, I recommend having a reason other than being buttfrustrated at how they made fun of how completely unqualified you was during the interview, or at least doing it on a forum where you wouldn't be called out on your pathetic brony bullshit.

Again.

Excavation
May 18, 2004

FEED ME CRAYONS

"Pictures of women? Ah yeah let me check... oh! I have some unwanted ones right here. I don't know why I keep them around anyway, I don't want them nor need them, they're dead weight but here they are so go ahead, steal away into the harsh Afghan night with this nudey shot of a girl I may have or have had some connection with that I still hold onto. Don't worry, I have tons of intimate portraits of women I don't really want pictures of, and this is one of the unwanted ones that I took halfway across the world for no reason. Take this booty-laden image and prove to her that she made the wrong decision when she decided to see other people. I'm glad you're a happy and remarkably endowed man again Albert Einstein, and now that my life has not changed one iota with our insignificant transaction (but for the passage of time) I'm going to stand over here and continue hoarding pictures of women (clothed and without) in the middle of a warzone. Semper Fi, John 3:16, America bad woman and [insert lyrics to CW McCall's "Convoy"]."

edit: drat it, i spent way too much time writing that

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

This like a look back into a world where smart phones, ipods, external harddisks and tablets don't exist, but weirdly I'm seeing it on the internet. This poo poo is twisting my melon, man.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Someone requested the Troper Tale about singing Hallelujah in a Cathedral, dug it up from one of The Triumphant's posts in the old thread.

quote:

Though more a 'reader of tropes' than a 'troper', this troper just''had'' to share one of his experiences in Germany. He was stuck in one of the narrow stairwells at the Cathedral in Cologne, with hundreds of people packed in shoulder-to-shoulder above and below him. Nothing was moving, and everyone was grumbling - right up until the point where someone started in with "Hallelujah." The version from "Shrek."

He got about to the third line, when someone else joined in, and another, and another, and by the first refrain everyone in earshot was singing and smiling, their voices shaking the walls of the cathedral. The line began to move moments later, and everyone from the top of the tower to the base of the stairs sung their way down - and were met at the bottom by a solid line of strangers, twenty long and deep, cheering, applauding wildly, even crying. Folks from the stairwell rushed over and embraced family or friends that had been waiting for them, and the initial singer ended up being praised in about four different languages as he made his way to the door. This could also be a Crowning Moment Of Awesome, if read that way. Oh, and though I hope I hardly have to say it - I was the guy who started singing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Hahaha.
That could have been vaguely believable if they'd just left it as a group sing-along since that's not totally out of the realms of possibility.
But they just had to carry on to the usual "clapping and cheering". Oh, and some crying, even!

• Locked thread