Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

Politicalrancor posted:

that last bash one is fake because they don't serve big macs and mcgriddles at the same time

Not really, you just have to get there some time around 10:35 to get them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Not Always Right is another source of this kind of story. It's like the 'why I no longer desire to work retail" thread only with stories of crushing oppression replaced by bald-faced lies.

quote:

(There is a large anime convention at our hotel. During these conventions, many guests dress up as their favorite characters. Some even go all-out and will wear body paint or mascot suits, carry fake weapons, etc. Even during these conventions, non-convention goers stay in the hotel. I am working the front desk and am approached by a very angry guest.)

Me: “How may I help you today?”

Guest: “Kick these d***ed freaks out of this hotel! They’re disturbing my children!”

Me: “I’m very sorry, ma’am. The event is already going on, and all of these people have paid to attend.”

Guest: “They’re disturbing my children! They have weapons! They’re dangerous freaks!”

Me: “We wouldn’t allow real weapons on the convention floor. All weapons have been checked, and all of them are props. I can assure you that no one here will harm your children with their weapons.”

Guest: “You’re lying! You’re just covering up for this… cult! It’s a cult of dangerous freaks with weapons!”

Me: “Ma’am, there is no cult activity.”

Guest: “If it’s not a cult, then why are they painted grey? And why are they wearing devil horns? They’re the headmasters of the cult!” *motions to a nearby group in costume*

Me: “They’re in costumes. This is an anime convention. Many people dress up in costumes. That group is dressed up as characters from [popular webcomic]. They’re not a cult.”

Guest: “You’re lying! They’re a devil-worshipping cult! They’re going to wait until midnight, then sacrifice all the virgins to Satan!”

Me: “Actually, the only thing happening at midnight tonight is the convention’s dance.”

Guest: “A dance with the devil! You even admitted it! They’re a cult of devil-worshippers!”

Me: “I never said that.”

Guest: “And them, over there! In the animal costumes!” *motions to a group of people in mascot suits* “They’re going to perform strange sex acts on innocent people at the cult meeting tonight! How dare you let this happen?!”

Me: “Ma’am, if you would listen to me—”

(There is now a long line of people waiting to be helped behind her, most of whom look upset with the way this guest is talking.)

Guest: *turns around to the people in line* “Don’t check into this hotel! They let crazy cults of devil-worshippers bring weapons in to sacrifice virgins and then have sex!” *runs off*

Next Guest in line: “…Heh. Normal people are funny. Can I please have some extra towels?”

HopWallace
Sep 8, 2004

free balloon day
To be fair, if I were in a cult that sacrificed virgins, I'd probably start at an anime convention too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
There was this really annoying nerd my best friend used to hang out with. He was pretty goony, tall, overweight, not smart but constantly spoke like he was a genius, you all know the type. Anyway he told us about how one time in high school, there was a group of jocky types who would pick on him, and one day decided to throw an orange at him. Well, he had enough, picked up the orange and smashed it into the guys face, then said "don't ever gently caress with me again" while this group of jocks just stared agape while he walked triumphantly away.

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 02:11 on Aug 15, 2012

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
She would always point out the shape of my head and then all of her friends would laugh. It infuriated me.

quote:

This happened in high school, so in hindsight I feel like it was a pretty irrational move, but I think what I did was justified.

Anyway, whenever I went to art class there was another class next door, about 2 years above our class, that would enter and leave around the same time. Without fail, every time we waited outside of the class for our respective teachers this girl would make fun of me. She would always point out the shape of my head and then all of her friends would laugh. It infuriated me.

One day I'd had enough, so I followed her around from a distance during recess while she went on some errands and poo poo. I was pretty good at staying hidden, so when she was descending one of the larger flights of stairs I ran down the hall as fast as I could and kicked her in the back. The tumble she took looked incredibly painful, and she was screaming quite a bit, and I almost felt bad for a moment, but then I just turned around and got the gently caress out of there.

She was off school for a while. A month or two maybe. No one ever found out it was me. Still, she had it coming.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The gently caress kinda weirdass cubehead is this guy anyway?

e: I found this:

quote:

I was at a Halloween party Friday night that fluctuated from 25-40 people during the night. This is in a VERY conservative part of Florida, and basically everyone at this party except myself and my girlfriend is at the very low end of the socioeconomic scale, Wal-mart workers, Waffle House waitresses, etc. We are all sitting out in the backyard of my sister’s place with a roaring fire and all the food and alcohol you could hope for and then some motherfucker has to bring up politics.

Can you imagine who these people are voting for? I think you can. So for the next two hours or so, I took on all comers, and won, constantly, every single time. With my trusty laptop computer I proceeded to prove every single bullshit claim about the Senator’s policies wrong.

“He’s going to take what I have and give it to others!” loving OWNED.
“He’s going to destroy small businesses!” loving OWNED.
“He’ll surrender in Iraq and lose all we’ve gained!” loving OWNED.
<just about any other policy question you can think of> loving OWNED.

And so, once they had exhausted all possible policy arguments against Senator Obama, it was time to pull out the racism and lies. But your humble correspondent was more than ready, and again it was time for people to get loving OWNED.

“He’s a ‘secret’ Muslim!” loving OWNED.
“He’s a communist!” loving OWNED.
“He’s friends with terrorists!” loving OWNED.
“He changed his last name from Osama to Obama!” loving OWNED.

At long last, there was only one fellow still standing against me, a late 20s/early 30s Navy guy who had not dared to face me directly all night but who I had seen whispering poo poo to other people, who I then proceeded to loving destroy.

Now, I don’t want to make too much of this, but I want you all to understand just how bad-rear end this scenario really is. For 2 hours, 2 solid hours, I’ve been standing in front of this flickering fire taking down all comers with calmness, dignity, and aplomb. I’ve convinced 10+ of these people to vote for their own and their country’s loving self-interest this election instead of voting based on fear being sold by assholes. And now, at long last, their chief himself steps up.

I am not making this up. Every single person at this party is now looking at the two of us, and from the remaining McCain people there is a palpable air of “Oh, poo poo, our Navy guy is about to rip his poo poo up!” It’s like the end of a Dragonball Z episode or something. This is what happens, nearly verbatim.

Navy Guy: “You’re going to vote for a man who isn’t even a loving AMERICAN!”
JS: “What do you mean?”
NG: “He wasn’t even born in America! He had to renounce his American citizenship to go to his Muslim school in Indonesia! He’s not even a citizen!”
JS: “First of all, you’re wrong, and second of all, he was like 4 years old. You can’t renounce your citizenship when you’re 4 any more than you can sign a legally binding contract. But that doesn’t matter, because Senator Barack Obama is an American who was born in Hawaii.”
NG: “Aw, bullshit. Go ahead and vote for someone who’s not even an American.”
JS: “So, you are certain about this? That a serving United States Senator whose background has been investigated probably more thoroughly than any other man in the history of the entire world has somehow managed to hide the fact that he is not even an American citizen? Is that what you are saying?”
NG: “drat right.”
JS: “And you are sure about this?”
NG: “One. Hundred. Percent.”

I have you now.

JS: “Then let’s put our money where our mouths are.”
NG: >bright-eyed “confrontation grin” begins to crack< “What do you mean?”
JS: “Well, you’ve made a pretty vicious slander against Senator Obama, and you’ve claimed you are certain it is true. I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is not. So how about this. If you aren’t completely full of poo poo and just flat-out knowingly lying, let’s make a bet on it. If you win, I will donate what we bet to Senator McCain’s campaign. And if I win, you will donate what we bet to Senator Barack Obama.”
NG: >grin is gone, I can smell panic< “Fine. How much?”
JS: “Two thousand two hundred and fifty dollars.”
NG: >silence, looks around at the audience<
JS: >extends hand<
NG: “Well, now-“
JS: “Do you want to bet, or don’t you? Because if you don’t, I think it might be indicative that you are lying.”
NG: >silence, sense of mounting panic<
JS: “I have my credit card with me and my computer, and I’m ready to put my money where my mouth is. How about it?”
NG: “Well, you know, you can get whatever you want to come up on that computer.”
JS: “Does that mean you don’t want to bet?”
NG: “I just know you’ll cheat.”
JS: “I’ll let you look it up.”
NG: “Bah, gently caress that, like I’d trust someone who’d vote for Obama.”
JS: “Does that mean you don’t want to bet?”
NG: >silence<
JS: “But you were so confident.”
NG: >glares, looks down, looks around at people, LEAVES PARTY WITHOUT ANOTHER WORD<

The best part of this story is what happens next. There was a group of 6 20-25ish kids there who work with my sister. As we silently watch Navy Guy take his walk of shame to his car, the “leader” of this little group indicates me and says, “Man, if that guy is voting for Obama, I am too,” which is roundly huzzahed by his followers. I pretty much felt like Neo in the Matrix.

So, +17 for Obama Friday night in Florida. But even better, 2 solid hours of stomping bullshit into the ground culminating in seeing Emperor Bullshit exposed as having no clothes, after all.

I hope that dude drove home crying and punching his leg.

Anywhere you find people talking about their political beliefs, you're bound to find a ton of poo poo that didn't happen. loving OWNED.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Aug 15, 2012

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Since we've had so many "Nice Guys Finish Last"-threads, I thought I'd make one that shows my perspective on things, and how I'm tired of "Nice Girls" telling me what a bad person I am for only dating "bimbos".

For the past years, I've known several girls that have been interested in dating me. They have all been nice, funny and usually rather smart. I have, however, usually found them rather unattractive. When they have confronted me about why they have been put in the friend-zone and why I am dating the one I am currently dating, I have tried to avoid the subject (to avoid hurting their feelings). When pushed for an answer, it pretty much comes down to this:

"I find you very enjoyable, funny, smart, etc, but you aren't sexually attractive to me, and this person I am dating is. And while one can be friends with someone that is enjoyable, funny, smart, etc, one can not date them if they aren't attractive, because relationships involve a physical component".

After this, I get told that I am "Shallow". Why, I ask? Well, apparently, because I have the audacity of wanting someone I feel physically attracted to, instead of someone that don't, even if said individual is a smart, funny and nice person.
It's gotten so far that my sister now calls me out on this, and said I should "change my ways". I feel like I am supposed to have sex with these people just because society demands it, because otherwise I am this horrible "shallow" person.

Well, you know what? gently caress that. Who else here thinks that physical appearance is at least equally important as any other factor in a partner?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

(Halloween party story)

Who are these loving people that bring laptops to a party?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Binowru posted:

Who are these loving people that bring laptops to a party?

The kind of lonely, smug douchebags who sit off in the corner playing video games and writing fake stories on r/atheism while everyone else is having fun.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I once saw a guy sitting on a couch at a party messing with a laptop, surrounded by no less than three girls intently watching his every keystroke.

To be fair: a) the guy was attractive, and b) using Sketchup with a trackpad is legitimately impressive

(no this isn't an SDTH; this honestly happened)

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Nckdictator posted:

One day I'd had enough, so I followed her around from a distance during recess while she went on some errands and poo poo.

Are there people that have "recess" in high school?

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
I like to imagine that these stories are true, and the world is really full of seething nerds following and attacking people they don't like. That there's this underground cabal of predatory dorks preying upon people who flirt with women in a normal non-spergy fashion or people who have the sheer audacity to not heap lascivious praise on their sweaty, hairy mounds of flesh.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
"This female was supposed to fail basic training but..."

quote:

I don't want to start a poo poo storm. From my experience in the military I have found that 3/4 of the woman are whores. They cheat on their husbands and sleep around for promotions and will flirt to get out of work. I am not saying men in the military any better but woman use the rape card a lot if they don't get their way. I have seen a fellow soldier's career get demolished by a female soldier accusing him of rape. This female was supposed to fail basic training but she told her staff that one one of the staff sexually assaulted/ harassed her. She passed basic training and pulled the same stunt.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

"I took this picture and ran for my life."
*picture of a church sign reading 'trespassers will be baptized'*

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE R/ATHEISM! THEY'RE GONNA GET YOOOUUUUUUU!

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Nckdictator posted:

Not only never happened, was probably written by someone who was never in the military to begin with

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Best girlfriend revenge SDTH.txt:

<<story about vasectomy and pregnancy>>

That one's clearly bullshit, but I know a guy that had a similar thing happen to him. He was infertile because of a disease he contacted in adolescence (not an STD, and I don't know the specifics, but he's since married and they've adopted because he legitimately can't father a child).

When he was 19, his girlfriend told him she was pregnant. It clearly wasn't his, and the general heartbreak and following court case and DNA tests and stuff drove him pretty close to suicide. It wasn't funny or cool in any way.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Nckdictator posted:

Getting raped is like your dormmate committing suicide, right? Automatic A's?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Arschlochkind posted:

Are there people that have "recess" in high school?

People who can't come up with a better term than recess, like "spare period"? Because ew, periods are gross. Or some poo poo like that.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

How about "Lunchtime"? Because that's what we called it in both Middle and High School.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Do you think this nerd did a flying spin kick when he fake-assaulted this fake-girl for a fake-reason?

Shasta Cola
Jun 16, 2003

I've been having real awful dreams about giant apocalyptic machinery just mowing us all down.
A fake one, obviously!

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Angry Bee Dance, Bruiser, and Humper Monkey are prime examples of this.

shit_that_didnt_happen.jpg

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

OH WORD SON posted:

Angry Bee Dance, Bruiser, and Humper Monkey are prime examples of this.

shit_that_didnt_happen.jpg

Man, that's all that ragecomics is. Here's one that's made the rounds a lot.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

iamathousandapples posted:

Man, that's all that ragecomics is. Here's one that's made the rounds a lot.

"Beaners"? Seriously?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

GAY AND LOSERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This might be the least cool thing to make up about yourself.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

There hasn't been a "and it was Albert Einstein" post in at least 5 posts guys, come on.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
God, if you were going to make up a story about how you totally told some stupid kids off you think you could at least make up a better line than "No, your music is for fags and mine is better!"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Adus posted:

God, if you were going to make up a story about how you totally told some stupid kids off you think you could at least make up a better line than "No, your music is for fags and mine is better!"

you just made this girl CRY.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

[quote=" post="406561313""]
I don't want to start a poo poo storm. From my experience in the military I have found that 3/4 of the woman are whores. They cheat on their husbands and sleep around for promotions and will flirt to get out of work. I am not saying men in the military any better but woman use the rape card a lot if they don't get their way. I have seen a fellow soldier's career get demolished by a female soldier accusing him of rape. This female was supposed to fail basic training but she told her staff that one one of the staff sexually assaulted/ harassed her. She passed basic training and pulled the same stunt.
[/quote]

This one is even more disgusting because the rates of sexual assault in the US military are actually ludicrously high.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
It seems like girls cry constantly in SDTH-Land. You can't even hold a conversation because of the constant cacophony created by witty masterstrokes and banshee-like sobbing.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I then proceeded to walk out singing my favorite song "I want to hold your hand"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

quote:

Walking up to the polling location, I passed several people who were passing out literature just outside of the 100 foot restricted area. Most of them were republican supporters. I kindly denied the lit. saying I already knew who I was voting for. One older guy in his mid 40's was holding a handful of pamphlets for McCain/Palin and started to offer one to me. He must have noticed the shirt I was wearing because he quickly withdrew his offer and gave me a rude look.

On the way out I passed him again with a big smile on my face. He said "Didn't your parents teach you about being an American?" as I walked past him. I turned around and smiled at him and wished him the best of luck. As I did this a group of about 10 people standing off to the side cheered and applauded as I unzipped my hoodie and showed off my Obama shirt.

For years I worked the elections, first with my Mom & then later with a large neighborhood group. People told variants of this when Clinton was running.

Fun Fact: you cannot wear, display, show or parade around anything relating to the election inside the polling place nor within @ 100 feet of it. We had to send people out to change because they'd wander in with a "Vote For X" shirt/hat/jacket.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Someone post the rage comic the guy made after his wife died, in which he calls her "Mrs. Derp"

e: Can't wait until Mr. "Music Defener" discovers Tool

Binowru has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Aug 15, 2012

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Fun Fact: you cannot wear, display, show or parade around anything relating to the election inside the polling place nor within @ 100 feet of it. We had to send people out to change because they'd wander in with a "Vote For X" shirt/hat/jacket.

That's actually really interesting; I had no idea that was a law. I'm going to tell my more gung-ho friends about it so they don't do anything dumb come voting time.

GrrrlSweatshirt has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Aug 15, 2012

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

massive spider posted:

I then proceeded to walk out singing my favorite song "I want to hold your hand"

Of all the fantastic Beatles songs, he picks the most generic pop song to show how much better he is than people who listen to generic pop songs.

Castle Bidimar
Mar 27, 2012

by T. Finninho
who outside the military actually says "ma'am"?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm now of the opinion that every stdh.txt should end not with Albert Einstein, but with singing the Beatles.

I'm going to find a baptist, tell them Hell's not real, and walk out singing the chorus from Hey Jude.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Castle Bidimar posted:

who outside the military actually says "ma'am"?

Albert Einstein :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nckdictator posted:

Men who call women "females": always awful.

• Locked thread