Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrglynis
Mar 10, 2009
Ok this may be obvious to everyone else, but I gotta ask. What the hell is up with the wall leaning out like that. I'm referring to the wall where you put your bed. I think I saw the same thing in a picture of another bedroom too. Just curious really. Great job on the house so far. My house is 80yrs old but thankfully already had the plaster replaced with drywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrglynis
Mar 10, 2009
I'm not quite sure how your attic is set up, but when I insulated mine I installed rafter baffles so that the insulation wouldn't block the air flow coming up from the soffit vents. I used something like this:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202563035/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=baffles&storeId=10051#.UNhhcaw3Fzc
They're very cheap so thats something to look into. Also, why didn't you go with blow in insulation? Something like Cellulose works well especially since it doesnt itch. And its easy to blow into the deep dark corners of the attic.

• Locked thread