Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Thank you so much for this, and I'll absolutely keep you updated. At the moment I've been looking at converting Magical Burst to Persona, but finding myself uneasy about it. A *World game, especially Dungeon World, sounds so much better and more fun.

What I'm actually thinking of doing is mimicking the games a little, in having the human aspects do a fair bit/most of the combat with Persona being called out for special moves/spells and really cool poo poo. Though it's tempting to draw on more of the feel of P4: Arena too. I'll have to decide, though I can already say I'd probably tack the Persona summoning as a bonus on top of whatever other class anybody took so nobody'd be locked into being a Druid or something.

I've got the PDF off that site on my Kindle, so I'm definitely going to read up on Dungeon World and dive into that. I already have a good plan for a Social Link system that I think'll be great fun.

If you feel like emulating the whole "user and Persona are intimately connected" feeling, why not try Monsters and Other Childish Things? It evens explains how you can use stats and descriptions to fully flesh out a persona/monster. It even has a social link system!

For content: Dungeon World was the first time I had fun/felt useful while playing a Fighter in an RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread