Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«153 »
ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Wallabies to win by 3 points in one of the worst matches ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Darling, if it's for your sake, wherever you may go...

Dan Carter to die on field.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The few, the proud, the 1%

Original Silvertail

Jono C posted:

He was a spineless little poo poo that wasn't much of a kicker, I have no idea what the AFL saw in him. I don't think he's a great comparison for potential AFL converts.

Pure marketing ploy, same as Folau. The whole fiasco did give us that fantastic banner "Only soft KHunts play AFL" though.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Nigel Owens is back in NZ (he just said on Twitter that he will be watching Mrs Browns Boys on TV1 tonight) so I am guessing he is reffing this one.

Looking forward to seeing players get told off like high school kids!

pizzaman5000
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Jedimastafez posted:

Nigel Owens is back in NZ (he just said on Twitter that he will be watching Mrs Browns Boys on TV1 tonight) so I am guessing he is reffing this one.

That show is poo poo why do people watch it? More confusing than the laws surrounding rucks and mauls.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Jedimastafez posted:

This made me check out his twitter account, and good lord it's horrifying. He sounds about 13.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

Pon farr is never logical, Mr. Spock

pizzaman5000 posted:

That show is poo poo why do people watch it? More confusing than the laws surrounding rucks and mauls.

Is that you puchu? What the gently caress happened to you, man?

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Four more years boys, four more years.

Jono C posted:

He was a spineless little poo poo that wasn't much of a kicker, I have no idea what the AFL saw in him. I don't think he's a great comparison for potential AFL converts.

Because it takes more than physical skills to play rugby? That if someone with half a clue was bad at 5/8ths how will someone with no clue play 5/8th?

edit: It was pretty funny seeing Jason Akermanis(?) on the NRL Footy Show and they said "Can you kick a 40/20?"

Jason:

*kicks sweetest 40:20 you've seen*

Jason:

LordPants fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2012 around 09:37

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Canu'r dydd a canu'r nos

Qwo posted:

This made me check out his twitter account, and good lord it's horrifying. He sounds about 13.

He's the author of a best-selling* book!!!*

*welsh

Marvel at the greatest publicity shot of all time, as 12 players all try and figure out which of them is being punk'd.

In accordance with The True Spirit Of Glasgow, we're a week from the start of the season, and they don't have a shirt sponsor. Zebre don't even have a kit

WMain00
Oct 7, 2008

You can't cut back posting! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Response finished up their sponsoring contract, I believe due to financial concerns within the company. There's a possibility Glasgow will be playing without a major sponsor through this season.

Can't say I particularly like the shirt this season as well. The light blue isn't supposed to be the primary colour, the navy blue/black is. Last seasons shirt was better.

WMain00
Oct 7, 2008

You can't cut back posting! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Oh and to make it worse, we just lost our last friendly 15-6, which means all three of our friendlies are losses. Last year we won all three.

Looks like the curse of Townsend is upon us.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

WMain00 posted:

Oh and to make it worse, we just lost our last friendly 15-6, which means all three of our friendlies are losses. Last year we won all three.

Looks like the curse of Townsend is upon us.

This is going to sound insensitive, but how many tries were scored across the three friendlies? To me that was the true Townsend curse. The SRU actually seem more incompetent than the RFU right now.

The Hamster Man
Jul 4, 2008

LordPants posted:

If Australia get even a bonus point out of this I'll get a new lovely horrible avatar.

If Australia win, I'll buy the first Australian to post mocking the All Blacks an avatar.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

With the AFL thing - Nick Evans almost signed a professional contract with the Sydney Swans (I think thats the team). So there is a good example of a player with AFL skills coming to rugby and playing very well.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

ElectroMagneticJosh posted:

With the AFL thing - Nick Evans almost signed a professional contract with the Sydney Swans (I think thats the team). So there is a good example of a player with AFL skills coming to rugby and playing very well.

Yeah, but he played Rugby as a junior so that doesn't really count. I was talking about the notion of just hiring some Victorian because he can kick a ball real far.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Darling, if it's for your sake, wherever you may go...

I don't know what you guys are even talking about but Mike Pike once scored against the All Blacks for Canada and now plays in the AFL.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

We're talking about the ARU signing AFL players because they have a great boot. So far we've come up with a New Zealand born Rugby junior and a Canadian born Rugby international.

So far we've yet to come across a player that has done nothing but played AFL and been any good at Rugby.

artshavin
Apr 11, 2012

toot
and
salute

edinbro rugby

Thank God for youtube because this whole going without Super 15 is murdering me already

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tyma posted:

He's the author of a best-selling* book!!!*

*welsh

Marvel at the greatest publicity shot of all time, as 12 players all try and figure out which of them is being punk'd.

In accordance with The True Spirit Of Glasgow, we're a week from the start of the season, and they don't have a shirt sponsor. Zebre don't even have a kit

Would, would, would, wouldn't, ahahaha, would, would would, wouldn't, wouldn't, would.

The Bled's going back to NZRU HQ tonight, lads.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

I hope the game is better this week, I imagine Australia at least is going to be throwing everything they've got at the wall - or at least they better!

Argentina/South Africa II is being played in Argentina right? I'm quite interested in seeing how Argentina does on their own hometurf, even if they are pretty hugely the underdogs.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2012 around 06:57

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

J-Ru are you up really early or really late to watch this?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LordPants posted:

J-Ru are you up really early or really late to watch this?

I'm on holiday so right now time has no meaning for me, it's like being a student again!

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

Anthems are done, haka time!

And oh man, it's the Kapa O Pango. poo poo just got real, boys.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Anthems are done, haka time!

And oh man, it's the Kapa O Pango. poo poo just got real, boys.

That's the "defend our shores from foreigners" one, or is it the "gently caress you" one?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a pretty significant chunk of yellow in the crowd, looks like quite a few Australian fans showed up.

And the game is on and Richie McCaw knocks on with the first touch of the ball!

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

That's a league knock on there.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Hot potato hot potato

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

NZ commentators are always so patronising to us.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Adam Ashley-Cooper got tackled so hard he presented the ball on the wrong side of the ruck!

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

LordPants posted:

That's the "defend our shores from foreigners" one, or is it the "gently caress you" one?

The throat slit one.

Also, blatant infringement from Ashley-Cooper. Come on, dude.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

There's a pretty significant chunk of yellow in the crowd, looks like quite a few Australian fans showed up.

And the game is on and Richie McCaw knocks on with the first touch of the ball!

I think those are empty seats.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LordPants posted:

How the hell can there be empty seats for New Zealand vs Australia?

All Blacks lose the ball forward right before the tryline!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

drat, good tackle there.

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

LordPants posted:

Jerusalem was right, they're optimistic/masochistic Wallaby supporters. They were on TV just before the game.

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Jerusalem was right, they're optimistic/masochistic Wallaby supporters. They were on TV just before the game.

Jesus my bad. I didn't think those people still existed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, how did Nonu not only make that tackle but get the turnover as well?

Vagabundo
Mar 20, 2007

Timani playing well and adds a lot to the Wallabies scrum. Adam Ashley-Cooper's also had a good game at fullback.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RIP Sonny Bill Williams, murdered in his final game for the All Blacks.

edotherocket
Apr 6, 2006
Internet.

Goddamn, ABs playing so much better than us. Scoreboard doesn't reflect how dominant they are.

We're just kicking it away now. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The few, the proud, the 1%

Original Silvertail

Genia

«153 »